Decorations (for now)

OBTC 1909

Putting my home office area back together after all the remodeling work. Put these two GP38-2's up on the bookshelf for now until I have somewhere to run them. Also pictured is my grandpa's Illinois Central railroad pocket watch. It has a fob attached to it that a Suggestion Achievement Award he got from the ICRR. It's dated 1951. Grandpa was a section foreman for the ICRR.

Attachments

• 20211017_151526.jpg
    20211017_151526.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 20211017_152149 (1).jpg
    20211017_152149 (1).jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 108
Putting my home office area back together after all the remodeling work. Put these two GP38-2's up on the bookshelf for now until I have somewhere to run them. Also pictured is my grandpa's Illinois Central railroad pocket watch. It has a fob attached to it that a Suggestion Achievement Award he got from the ICRR. It's dated 1951. Grandpa was a section foreman for the ICRR.
Definitely worth finding a good watch repairer and getting it running again, too nice to just let it sit.

As an aside, do you know what suggestion he put forward when he was the ICRR to be awarded the pocket watch, must have been something significant.

Back