December Photo Contest Comment Thread

This is the thread where I tell you my layout is in the frickin desert. And then you make a wise crack and I use it to make my entry.

Okay, give it your best shot.

SpaceMouse said:
This is the thread where I tell you my layout is in the frickin desert. And then you make a wise crack and I use it to make my entry.

Okay, give it your best shot.

You got any baking soda??? :D

grande man said:
The topic is Winter Holiday pics.
hmm....both layouts are set in mid summer, and in the midwest.:eek: :( would be a REAL challenge to pull this one off. and i'll be darned if i'm going to put snow on the layouts and risk ruining a spot on them.:( yet,...i do have a no snow idea.....;) :D thank you for posting the topic grand man. -Dean

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, we don't have any snow on our RR either. It's Christmas, let's seen your ingenuity shine thru in celebration of the Holiday Season. :cool: Does anyone have a Christmas train? Is a mini holiday scene possible on your layout? I've got an idea for our pic already. I just need to get to work on it.

Any holiday oriented pic will be fine, snow or not.

grande man said:
After last seeing month's entries, I doubt you or Chip will have any problems wowing us for December. ;)

Christmas is a busy time. I have to figure how to incorporate what I'm doing into something else to multi-task. I fear a lame entry.

SpaceMouse said:
Christmas is a busy time. I have to figure how to incorporate what I'm doing into something else to multi-task. I fear a lame entry.

I understand. We just want to celebrate the Holidays here on the forum. The entries don't have to be anything elaborate. Have fun with it. That's what this is all about anyway. :cool:

How about these scene ideas as a prompt: :)

1/ Kids decorating a tree in front of their house

2/ Train crew mounting a wreath on the front of their loco

3/ Snowy mini diorama

4/ Family hauling a tree thru town on their car roof

Other ideas:

1/ Pics of your Christmas train

2/ Gift wrapping pics (new train stuff before it's wrapped!)

3/ Pics from a Holiday season MR operating session

Those are just a few off the top of my head. Maybe they'll help get the ball rolling. :)

I got myself an idea, since I can afford it, for the WINNER of the December photo contest, comes FREE of charge, SHIPPING INCLUDED:
dsc00002.jpg

This offer is being extended for the December winner, Novemeber is being left out because people no long have the option to enter that one! Get a move on, enter, you can have one FREE specially coated RR spike from Blockchoice.com!!!!

Hey Chip,
Why don't you put your guy 'GW' in a red suit and have him in a sleigh being pulled by Woodland Scenics cattle?

Now that Josh has so graciously added a grand prize for the winner, this thing should really take off. :D

SpaceMouse said:
This is the thread where I tell you my layout is in the frickin desert...

OK, so do they celebrate Christmas in the frickin desert? If so, find out how they do it, and reproduce it in miniature. I'll bet they still haul truckloads of trees in them parts. Granted, they're probably in reefers, but cheat a little and show 'em on a stakebed or something, and waiting at the crossing.

< joisey >Nobody said nothing about needin' no stinkin' snow. < /joisey >

you guys/gal, better get posting some picks!:D as it stands right now its just Railphotog and ME!:eek: let me do the math here...ok, thats means at the WORST, i would get 2nd place!:eek:;)...though there is NO prize for this...I COULD LIVE WITH THAT!:DLOL! any more pics?...Bueller?.....Bueller?....:p :D -Dean

lginc said:
you guys/gal, better get posting some picks!:D as it stands right now its just Railphotog and ME!:eek: let me do the math here...ok, thats means at the WORST, i would get 2nd place!:eek:;)
Dean, we still have some un-melted snow in my backyard, maybe I could plunk down some flex track, a train and a miniature nativity scene and submit a 'filler' shot to bulk-out the number of contest entries. Don't worry, it'll be so bad you'd still get at least 2nd place!:p:D

CSX_road_slug said:
Dean, we still have some un-melted snow in my backyard, maybe I could plunk down some flex track, a train and a miniature nativity scene and submit a 'filler' shot to bulk-out the number of contest entries. Don't worry, it'll be so bad you'd still get at least 2nd place!:p:D
LOL! thanks Ken.:D...but seriously, i have seen YOUR work, and i think you, and a few other guys on here could pull this months shot off.;):) come on,..give it a shot.(pun intended):D -Dean

Back