DCC

don't know ...
i run one train to the east on the inside loop ...
then i run another train to the west on the outside loop, i can easily do this as i select the crossovers to not change one loop for the other, in other words two seperated loops ..
i then run logging on a siding with another loco ...
and finally a fourth loco on another [mining] siding to pick up or drop off ore cars ..
and then a fifth loco on a small siding to drop of logs at the sawmill ..
all this is with a mrc system [using the recall button]
Is this with them all still moving at the same time?

Really sounds more like a juggling act if ya ask me.
During op sessions on my empire, the system can handle quite a few trains running simultaneously with one operator controlling each one. I have to much invested in my stuff to chance missing a looming disaster.

I started 30 plus years ago with DC A few years ago I started the switch to DCC with the Digitrax Chief. Getting close to 70 years in age I find myself running the trains less and less because I can not wrap my head around the Digitrax cab. I have no switches on my layout . I can run 4 separate lines I need a very simply system. I have been reading about the NCE Products they seem to be more user friendly. Any feedback or ideas I thank you for.HO Southern

If I were you; I would consider going back to DC.

See Chet's masterpiece layout he runs DC.

the inside and outside loops can be run continuously, the sidings just go a bit back and forth, so usually one siding at a time ..

This is generally called walking and chewing gum while patting your hair and stomach in opposite directions! Personally, I am lucky to walk and chew gum simultaneously! ;) Really impressive!

In a nutshell, on a typical small layout without double mains, you will find it extremely taxing to keep three different locomotive types separated reasonably because all you'll be doing is toggling between each of them and adjusting speed.
The general rule I use is that there has to be one throttle per train. I hate toggling because that is just almost as bad as toggling with DC switches. For the most part I have forgotten how to use the "recall" function. With one throttle per train I've easily kept 3 or 4 moving on a fairly short layout at the train shows all weekend long.

Back