DCC wiring problem (reverse loop)

bkrenderman

Hi

I am attaching here the schematic of my model railway (2 X 4 feet). it was working fine until I have installed 2 turnouts (T8 and T9) as shown in diagram in green color. after installing them I now have got a reverse loop scenario (which is why I installed them for reversing train). I know that I can use digitrax AR1 for auto reverse loop DCC connections but I am confused of where I can cut the tracks and how to wire the loop as I have other turnouts in between the loop (T1,T2,T3 and T4).

any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2 curves.jpg
    2 curves.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 378
  • 2 curves3d.jpg
    2 curves3d.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 259
You will be best using the section of track from T8 (including T8) over the bridge to T3. As long as you only have one train on this section you will be fine.

You will need to use insulated joiners on both rails approaching T3 (not just the frog rail) and the outer rails of T8 rather than the frog rails. The section can be fed by an auto reverser such as the AR1.

As an alternative the reversing section could be fed by a double pole switch that works in conjunction with T8 (perhaps a switch built in to the point motor) but T8 will need to be set to diverging while a train traverses from the bridge section to T3 or vice versa.

You will be best using the section of track from T8 (including T8) over the bridge to T3. As long as you only have one train on this section you will be fine.

You will need to use insulated joiners on both rails approaching T3 (not just the frog rail) and the outer rails of T8 rather than the frog rails. The section can be fed by an auto reverser such as the AR1.

As an alternative the reversing section could be fed by a double pole switch that works in conjunction with T8 (perhaps a switch built in to the point motor) but T8 will need to be set to diverging while a train traverses from the bridge section to T3 or vice versa.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that section and will post result.

Back