DCC uncoupler!

I think this is a TT Trains DCC uncoupler system from Australia. I think it's very similar to the one the MTH is building so I expect a giant patent lawsuit soon. :mad: It's hard to see this being useful except for a locomotive that already has a DCC decoder. Adding this to every frieght car would cost more than the national debt. :)

I agree Jim...I was thinking the same thing. on the locos but the rolling stock could bankrupt us!

I think this is a TT Trains DCC uncoupler system from Australia. I think it's very similar to the one the MTH is building so I expect a giant patent lawsuit soon. :mad: It's hard to see this being useful except for a locomotive that already has a DCC decoder. Adding this to every frieght car would cost more than the national debt. :)
It would be nice for yard switching on a locomotive however, no need for uncoupling in specific places w/ magnets... :rolleyes:

Nice. Something like this just might convince me to switch to HO, if they can't implement this with N that is which I seriously hope they do.

Well this was posted in 2007....not much has advanced since then....

I always thought it would be cool to have on locos and then a designated car or caboose for switching that had the ability to release couplers like that...🤔

already done .. uses HO DCC free functions [1 per uncoupler], no extra transistors , done a couple of years back, cost was around two bucks each .. more info on model train forum

Back