?? dcc system N scale with Ho scale ??

First I want to say I am new to the hobby, but have been interested for many years. I am looking at building a layout to go around my complete living area of my house (living, den, dinning, foyer and part of the kitchen) along the ceiling with two tracks. one in N sale and the other HO scale. This will be approximately 300' to 500' circle each track. the question is?
1. is there a dcc system controller that can operate both N scale and HO scale at the same time independently?
2. is the system able to connect to a future room layout not directly track connected, but can be wire connected?

Let's start with the second question first, yes.
To answer your first question, maybe, with compromises, it really depends on how you do it. If you are going to use just one command station, then the max voltage applied to the tracks, will be whatever the max voltage is that N scale takes. However, if you have one command station, and add a booster then you could have both N and HO, trains running at their respective voltages.

First I want to say I am new to the hobby, but have been interested for many years. I am looking at building a layout to go around my complete living area of my house (living, den, dinning, foyer and part of the kitchen) along the ceiling with two tracks. one in N sale and the other HO scale. This will be approximately 300' to 500' circle each track. the question is?
1. is there a dcc system controller that can operate both N scale and HO scale at the same time independently?
2. is the system able to connect to a future room layout not directly track connected, but can be wire connected?
Depending upon your comfort and expertise, it might be worth looking at DCC++, it has a bunch of features for working with complex layouts. I can't tell if it will allow you to properly control them both at the same time, but it should allow you to switch back and forth relatively easily and it is programmable, so it could possibly be expanded to do this if it's not already possible.

Back