DC Layout Walk Around Throttles

PMac

As a preface to my question let me state that I have a DC layout and am not, repeat not interested in converting to DCC. With that said I was wondering if anyone knows of a resource for a walk around throttle system that has two throttles for a Cab A and a Cab B. Recently saw a Trak Power 2 system, just hoping for input for other possible systems and where one might be able to obtain them. Thank you in advance.

Aristo Craft makes a DC walk around throttle. One controller can be switched between two receivers. You can also send them (hand set with receiver) in to Aristo Craft to have them set to other frequencies in the event you want to run more than just two of them. Your layout has to be set up with power blocks and manually operated block selectors.
Way back, before DCC, I had the D&J Railroad setup to operate with 4 Aristo Craft Throttles. It worked quite well and also included a sound system that could be operated from the handheld throttle.

You didn't say whether you're after simple tethered throttles, or ones with memory (so they can be unplugged, and plugged in elsewhere while the train is running). Ken Stapleton has both types:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/kstapleton3/Index.html

I have one of the memory throttles and it works well.

If you don't need the memory aspect then you can still use plugs and sockets on the non-memory type, so that you can move it around from one location to another while the train is stopped.

Regards,
Ron

I use 2 MRC CM20's. They are Tethered w/telephone plugs all over my layout.
The train will stay running while you move from one plug to the other. IT has Momentum & fast Braking. There are other walkarounds as quoted above that are not tethered. I have a large layout & the MRC's work fine.:D

Go with the Aristocraft Wireless Throttles. I belonged to a club that used them prior to DCC, and they worked great.

Back