Day outing on The Heart of Dixie RAilroad Museum

L&N Castle

Evening all. On Saturday,I rode down to Calera Ala.,to the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum. While there,I took a cab ride up the old Alabama mineral line that the museum operates over. The locomotive in the following photos,is a restored US ARMY SW-8,numbered 2022.It's lettered Calera&Shelby. If you want to know about the Heart of Dixie Museum,here is their website. WWW.HeartofDixieRRMuseum.org. The museum is located in central Alabama,and is open most week-ends,and some during the holidays.Now,let see,if I can post some photos. Guys,I got to tell ya,the museum down there,is a pretty neat place to check out some trains. Because,not only do you have museum pieces,but an active CSX mainline,as well as an occasional Norfolk Southern Train or two. So,if ya'll are ever in 'Bama,go by and check 'em out. You never know what you might see.Enjoy.William.:cool: .

How about some more photos. Most of these were taken while going up,and then back down the line.The first photo,is of a short passing siding,that the museum trains use. This siding is located next to a golf course. The second and third photos are of the siding,and a slight grade we went up as we went along.The last photo is where the loco,is uncoupled,and ran around the train,for the return trip.The whole trip,takes about an hour,and the scenery,is really nice. :cool: .William.

Back