CV values

the reboot cv's arent even the same always from manufacturer to manufacturer. each decoder has a default boot setting, from there, you tweak to fine tune your way. Older decoders have your basic NMRA settings, but like the QSI titan, you have a huge hefty bulkload of CV's to interpret. The basic NMRA CV's are still there, but there are the enhanced CV's to do more thngs. With so many model variations, its why the decoders have adjustable CV's to match to the individual situation, they will be set to default basics for get the get going operation, then its up to you to tweak in.

I do have one, but it's the only one. I immediately enter my Master Volume CV on my sound decoders and halve the maximum value that it can have...which is what the default usually is...full bore. Once I get rid of that instant headache, at which virtually every locomotive I own actually sounds decent, I do the address change and alter the CV3 and CV4. From there I tweak the individual sounds. For CV3, Inertia, I like my trains to accelerate reasonably realistically, but not to have to keep adding a speed step every couple of seconds. So, if CV3 has a max value of 255, my new locomotives get about 60 to start, and the same in CV4, Momentum, so they don't stop as if they'd hit a wall. This way, when I want to start a train, I dial up 50 mph quickly, and let the decoder do everything else except blow crossings.

Back