Custom Decals

TMLW

Thunder Mt. Loco Works
Once again I find myself looking for someone that can make custom decals. Can anyone suggest a good custom decal maker that is reasonable? The person I used in the past has too much on his plate at the moment.

I have mine made in the Philippines by a friend that owns his own decal company & he's real busy & I don't know if you want to pay the high postage & the long time for delivery, but I'll ask if your interested. I know there's plenty of other people that do it here in the US & you should contact them first.

Anyone is worth looking into. Depends how much the shipping etc would be to see if its worth it.

Google; Custom Model RR decals, which I just did & there's a bunch of people that make'm.

Microscale does custom decals and if you email or call Highball Graphics, I'm sure they'll do it for you too. Highball will probably charge a more reasonable rate compared to Microscale.

Pete Mcfadyen, who is the owner of Sparetime Hobbies in Winnipeg, Manitoba can usually make pretty much any kind of decal you want at very resonable prices.Email him at pete@sparetimehobbies.com. He will ship anywhere in the world.

Only down side to Rail Graphics is they want a 25 sheet minimum order. I only need maybe one sheet.

I recently had 2 sheets made here. A one time set up charge and they will print as much as will reasonably fit on an 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet. I had them do 2 sheets and including set up and shipping it totalled $90, from a hand drawn sample and a couple of NH New Haven block heralds I included.

http://www.solidesign.bizland.com/

Has anyone tried the route of using an old ALPS printer to make them, themselves? Seen some decent ALPS printers for under 100 dollars. But I dont know which perticular printer is best for decals.

Back