CSX Modelers

IronBeltKen

Lazy Daydreamer
CSX modelers, UNITE! :D

I didn't find a thread on here [yet] for CSX-related info, so I figured I'd start one. I know there are some talented modelers out there - I'm hoping you'll find this thread and start sharing your CSX stuff [models and/or prototype] on it.

I'll post some photos of my model collection when I have more time later, but for now, here is a link to Dean Heacock's excellent collection of CSX motive power photos - enjoy!

LGM and I don't model the CSX but we're huge CSX railfans. The Bham - Nashville mainline is close by. :D

CSX Units........

Hey Ken,
Welcome aboard!!
My fictitious New York & Western Railroad has a number of CSX units roaming the system and I'm just a stones throw from the CSX main line.
Also, two of CSX's railyards are 15 minutes driving distance from my house.
I'll have to start posting pics of models and prototype units.

Also, thanks for the link that you posted!
It's great!

:D :D

Here's a recent proto shot for my fellow CSX fans. ;)

Southbound mixed approaching Hayden Tunnel.
110837151.gif

uspscsx said:
A CSX thread? Am I dreaming? Good idea, Ken.
Thanx Matt, but I can't take ALL the credit for the idea. "csxguy" on the old forum started the same type of thing, his title was just a tad long. I'm hoping this shorter one will be easier to do searches against. :)

BTW I hope csxguy finds his way over here...

K-KK-KKKK-K-Ken? Is that a su-slu-suh-slug I see?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I FOUND SOMEONE WHO HAS KITBASHED A SLUG!

SO for you CSX guys, I'm gonna buy 2 CSX units for run though power for my layout, CSX doesn't own SD70M's right!?

Wow, I guess they do... I was wandering a few other sites and wasn't finding any... Maybe I'll have to get one SD40-2, One SD70MAC & One SD70M

Old 97 said:
Hey Ken,
Welcome aboard!!
My fictitious New York & Western Railroad has a number of CSX units roaming the system and I'm just a stones throw from the CSX main line.
Also, two of CSX's railyards are 15 minutes driving distance from my house.
Thanx for the welcome, '97! What region are you in, is it somewhere in NY state? I'm lucky enough to live within a mile of the original B&O Old Main Line (Baltimore to Point-Of-Rocks, MD), and I often hear the horns blowing at the Woodstock grade crossing. [That's where 90% of the images in my little prototype collection came from BTW]

uspscsx said:
K-KK-KKKK-K-Ken? Is that a su-slu-suh-slug I see?
...I FOUND SOMEONE WHO HAS KITBASHED A SLUG!
Ah, that's old news, it was near the beginning of CSXGUY's thread on the Kalmbach forum. I guess you came aboard many pages later...well, now you know! :D

(Guess I better photo-document my upcoming conversion of a P2K GP30...)

CSX_road_slug said:
(Guess I better photo-document my upcoming conversion of a P2K GP30...)
You mean into a slug, I hope. The ex-GP30/GP30M slugs are my favorite of the two. I love GP30's/'30M's anyway.

uspscsx said:
You mean into a slug, I hope. The ex-GP30/GP30M slugs are my favorite of the two...
You betcha! When I'm finished with her, the sides of that long hood will be smoother than a baby's bottom...

Well then, you NEED to post a "step-by-step" on that. (Like I'm doing on my Railbox.) I need some tips on how to do them, as I want to make a few myself. (I betcha know where one of them will go..:D)

Well then, you NEED to post a "step-by-step" on that. (Like I'm doing on my Railbox.) I need some tips on how to do them, as I want to make a few myself. (I betcha know where one of mine will go..:D)

Hey, thanks Ken for emailing me this link! I think I will be here alot more than the other forum! I have to get an engine ready for the contest!!!! GP 30 slugs are the coolest engine CSX owns!!

ATTACH]

Last edited by a moderator:
csxmu said:
Hey, thanks Ken for emailing me this link! I think I will be here alot more than the other forum! I have to get an engine ready for the contest!!!! GP 30 slugs are the coolest engine CSX owns!!

Hi Josh, glad you found your way over here - this is definitely my personal preference [thanx to Grande Man for telling me about it], even though I still drop by once a day in the [Kalmbach] Coffee Shop (still have quite a few friends there).

I'll be waiting for some model photos from you! :cool:

The main reason I model CSX at all is because I normally foam down in Central Ohio on the B&O between Fostoria and Greenwich. Which means lots of CSX. Which means I buy a few modern CSX locos, plus the Leasers I see when I'm out there!

Kennedy

Back