Crossover question

cncproadwarrior

North of the 49th
I want to wire my crossover using 2 Tortoise switches to control the diagonally opposite point rails at the same time. Has anyone come up with a linkage to do this?

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 156
I want to wire my crossover using 2 Tortoise switches to control the diagonally opposite point rails at the same time. Has anyone come up with a linkage to do this?

Simple. Piano wire cranks and a strip of circuit board material.
turnoutmotors.jpg

This picture isn't using a Tortoise brand drive but the concept is the same. This pictures is also exactly the situation requested in your picture. It is one side of a double crossover for which two stall motors were used. One on each end. Later I realized I could have used the 1 motor for all 4 turnouts. Since it was already installed and working I decided not to change it.
turnoutcrankssmall.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with the Circuitron linkage. That's what I installed on my layout and it works great. It'll do what you need.

Ya but I want to control the diagonally opposite turnouts with the same switch.
If this was a response to my post. The diagonally opposite turnouts would be the hand drawn diagram rather than the photo. My point was you can do either two tortoise one on each side, diagonals, or all 4, since with a double crossover there are really only two possible routes through it at any one given time. Straight or crossed.

Back