Crossing bell

trailrider

Does anybody know of a grade crossing bell setup that can be actuated by IR detectors (preferably interrupted by the passing train)? Azatrax used to have a module, but no longer makes it, and it required an electro-mechanical bell rather than an electronically-generated sound. I've got three others that work fine, but that company went out of business, and the IR set was only capable of a space between the emitter and the receiver of 7-1/2" and I need to have it around 9" to detect across multiple tracks.
Stay well and safe out there!

Here is the one that I'm using, the GL300 if you scroll down the page until you see Grade crossing bell then click on the speaker icon it will let you hear the sound.

Here is the one that I'm using, the GL300 if you scroll down the page until you see Grade crossing bell then click on the speaker icon it will let you hear the sound.
Thanks! I'll check into this as well as the Rail Logic Technologies Grade Crossing Pro to activate the GL300.

I already had an electronic bell crossing setup as described above, but was having trouble getting it to work right. Turned out one of the connectors to the module had broken off. I solved that problem by just sticking bare wires into the sockets. In addition, I hadn't tried to run some rolling stock on a yard track adjacent to the IR emitter. Found I had the emitter too close to the track (on a curve) so that the boxcars were catching on the back side! Decided to move both the emitter and the detector to where it wouldn't interfere with rolling stock going by. Was able to get everything working. Good thing, as to get some of the electronics available on-line that would work over more than one track would cost over $100! Thanks for the suggestions, however!
Stay well and safe!

Back