Crazy idea ?

Rabοliot

Old Bandit
Hello Happy Members !
This afternoon, I played with Anyrail and I drew this (crazy ?) track plan. All your comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

310W.jpg

It is my go-to track plan, twice now. It’s called a ‘folded loop’. In my cases, where it crosses over there is a height differential requiring a bridge or a tunnel. Also, mine goes around all four walls, not L-shaped. I heartily endorse your plan, but I do agree that you’ll miss operations unless you have a trailing point spur and one facing point for variety switching at industries of some kind. Sugar beets, molasses, lime, lumber, car parts...you pick ‘em .

When i saw this i thought of MRs Virginian 4x8 project layout. A couple of years back a professional layout designer took MRs The Virginian 4x8 project layout and made it into a folded oval type plan. You could probably find it on the internet.

OK folks. You're damn right. It's just a very basic and simple folded figure 8 design. Nothing crazy about it. So I dropped it in the trash bin. See you soon and stay safe.

Last edited:

Back