Cool pics from Augusta, Ga

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Thought I'd post a few of today's pics...;)

Hum, a cut of covered hoppers at a feed mill. Something caught my eye about that center car...:)
160951061.gif

Ah ha! I knew there was something special about that car...:D
160951070.gif

NS blazing thru the crossing at Tobacco Road.
160951049.gif

SD50 in a consist pulling a ballast train, leaves the yard in town.
160951036.gif

A couple of shots of the ballast train by the old Confederate Powder Works. Pics were taken from the bridge walkway over the Augusta canal (1845).
160951019.gif

160951013.gif

Interesting flatbed load. Some poor old SD is missing a few parts.
160950987.gif

Traction motors on the same car.
160950977.gif

Hawkeye251 said:
That confederate powder works structure would make quite a model. What's it used for these days?

An adjacent portion of the Powder Works is used by a textile company. It's a COOL building. Augusta was one of the Confederacy's main arsenals.

A few after supper pics. ;)

SD40-2. I believe this was the original CSX paint, right?
161072047.gif

Dynamic Duo.
161072036.gif

OK, ya'll educate me on #7377. Red "class lights" and "EOT lookin thingy", pusher?:confused: :confused: :confused:
161072044.gif

grande man said:
SD40-2. I believe this was the original CSX paint, right?
If you look close, you'll see its STILL in Former Family Lines (correct?) paint, look at the grey areas where the Logo's used to be on the long hood, that the 1st Gen CSX paint...

grande man said:
OK, ya'll educate me on #7377. Red "class lights" and "EOT lookin thingy", pusher?:confused: :confused: :confused:
The class lights indicate this is an Ex-Conrail unit...

The FRED just simply says one of three things, it was pushing, it was a light engine move, or they just stuck it there after leaving a train somewhere...

A few final pics from our trip. On the way to the airport this morning, we caught NS on the interchange delivering a cut to the CSX yard.

162130940.gif

Light move back to home rails.
162132508.gif

Cool more pics... I wish I had a working camera, I saw a "light" engine move friday, with 22 units!!!

grande man said:
Wow! :cool: I wonder what the story behind that was. :confused:
BNSF's odd like that, they make alot of moves of Units & Baretables between Barstow & Needles, and farther east.

Back