convertrc to track power? or RC transmitter

Don Trinko

I have a Big hauler "starter" set with track power. I also have an old Bighauler that is rc controlled. It came without the transmitter.
I am considering converting it to track power. Any suggestions? I realize that the plastic wheels will limit it's lifetime.
Can I get a transmitter anywhere? If so I would probably leave it as is for my grand children to play with. It is the 27mhz model. (90-0100)
Thanks; Don

I'm not familiar with the model, but you'd need metal wheels or wipers to convert it to track power. Maybe try Fleabay for the controller? There are all kinds of hobby and less-than-hobby grade electrical systems out there, so if you can't find a controller, maybe get a $20 Walmart R/C car and swap the circuit board over?

The other controllers are unlikely to work; they probably use different frequencies or coding of signals. My suggestion was to gut the stock electricals and use the transmitter and receiver from something else.

I started to convert it to track power. I tested the motor and it worked so I removed the crk board and I now have 2 wires direct from the motor coming out near the front.
I now need to make some sort of track pickup. The engine is not well made so I do not expect much from it but it should be a fun project.
I converted the couplers on the other cars that came with the set to be compatible with my other "G" scale train. That was my main reason to buy the RC set.
Thanks again; Don

Back