Converting Bachmann Spectrum Heavyweights to LED lights

RJasonB

ITS_MFRR est. 2010
Anyone have experience doing this? I have a set of Bachmann Spectrum Heavyweight passenger cars (7 total). My layout is DCC-powered and I operate using NCE Power Cab... 2 amp maximum. I want to convert the passenger car lights from incandescent to LED. Rather than reinvent the proverbial wheel, I'm hoping someone in the forum has already traveled this road and would be gracious enough to share how you did it. Did you use a kit? Did you swap the incandescent bulb with and LED and add a resistor? If so, do you have the specs? While I have the cars disassembled, I also plan to paint the interiors and add passengers.

Thanks and happy modeling! Jason in Colorado.

Another option for you, is Rapido's Easy Peezy lights for passenger cars. Really easy to install, and you can turn them on/off with a magnetic rod they provide. I have them and they work great.

Thanks for the suggestions, fellas. I've considered the Easy Peezy's, but I'm not so sure I want to be physically handling (disassembling) my coaches every time I need a battery replacement. Could be the best option in the end, though. I suppose it would be a fairly simple mod to mash up a battery compartment on the underside somewhere. Hmmmm.

Back