Contacting Ebay Sellers

Brakeman Hal

I recently got an Ebay Account, and have been getting Emails about available O-Scale 2-Rail Steam Locos I've been interested in, and I appreciate that, except I need to get more information from the Seller, because I have a DCC Controller with Sound Functions, and would like to know if the Ebay Locos have DCC/Sound decoders.

I have wanted to contact the Seller, but nothing on the Ebay website tells me how to do this.

There are 2 locos that I would be interested in bidding on or "buying now", except I have to know if they're equipped with a DCC/Sound decoder.

So how can I contact the Seller?

Thanks,
Hal

Last edited:
Just click on an item you are interested in. There should be a blue trimmed box on the right side of the page that clearly says 'Contact Seller'. Click on that, and write the message.

As mention by @McLeod, once you've clicked into an item, on the right side of the screen is the "Contact Seller" option:

EbayHelp.jpg

I have three HO locomotives for sale right now on Ebay. I would say that if it doesn't say that the locomotive is DCC and/or DCC and Sound Equipped, it probably isn't. I have both DCC and DCC and Sound listed right now and make the distinction when I list as I feel this is a marketing stratagy, it also explains why I want more money for the item. Today I feel that most people want DCC; or, DCC and Sound and, simple DC is probably less popularand so they need to know what type, to make a decission.

Last edited:
I have both DCC and DCC and Sound listed right now and make the distinction when I list as I feel this is a marketing stratagy, it also explains why I want more money for the item.

As it should be.

However, there is a LOT of model RR stuff for sale on eBay by sellers that don't know doodly about model RRing. Sometimes the seller admits as much in the description and says, "Look at the pics carefully & ask questions because WYSIWYG.", sometimes not. On more than one occasion I've asked if a loco was DCC or DCC-ready and the seller had no idea what I was asking.

This is what I want, Ash Pit/Stumpy/Sirfoldalot!

I NEED DCC and Sound because that's what I have on my Digitrax Controller. It works great on my Diesel Locos, and I MUST have it on the Steamer I'm looking for!

Thanks,
Brakeman Hal

Brakeman Hal, I think you need O scale, correct?
yep, not only O scale, but two rail, AND DCC sound ... with a specific list of road names ..
basically just some of the MTH steamers ..[out of the box]

Back