Consists for the Southerner EMD E6

gseritt

Hey guys, I am about to show my ignorance.

I am currently looking for HO scale Pullman passenger cars for the Southerner EMD E6:

qty.1 of the baggage dormitory 22 chair car
qty. 1 of the 52 seat chair car
qty. 3 of the 56 seat chair car
qty. 1 of the 48 seat dining car
qty. 1 of the tavern lounge observation car

On the prototype - Pullman delivered these in 1941 and I've read that the Pennsylvania Railroad owned (3) of the 56 seat chair cars. I think that I have gathered that these are lightweight unpainted with corrugated sides.

My question is what am I looking for? What length, who makes it and so on? I've noticed in my Walthers book that they have some cars (with other road names) that somewhat fit these descriptions but I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at and I'm not finding anything for southern. Does anyone make undecorated? If these aren't made, are the parts available for me to build them? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
IHC did corrugated-side streamlined passenger cars that are passable models of the actual Southerner and Tennesseean cars. They painted them for Southern and PRR as well. They're no longer in production, so you'll need to be on the lookout at swap meets and eBay.

Here is one that I've been working on:
SOU 702 (640x428).jpg

IHC did corrugated-side streamlined passenger cars that are passable models of the actual Southerner and Tennesseean cars. They painted them for Southern and PRR as well. They're no longer in production, so you'll need to be on the lookout at swap meets and eBay.

Here is one that I've been working on:
View attachment 43014

Hey, Thank you so much for that! I'll definitely keep my eyes open. That looks Nice!

Back