Con cor hopper kits

Gluing Plastruct (ABS) to Evergreen (styrene) -- is the general consensus that CA / super glue is the way to go?

Regards,
Tom Stockton
Been a few years since I started this thread. I didn't even post my solution. I actually just use testors glue applied with the point end of a nail. I chose a foam nail for this. Apply a thin layer of glue to the seams of the coupler box. Install my couplers and cover in fairly quick time so the glue doesn't dry too much and hold in place so the glue sets enough to hold the cover on. Wait about 24 hours and check the coupler movement to ensure it will still move left and right as needed. Once that's verified and all is well run trains. The glue is thin enough that if a coupler should break you can still pry the cover off and make repairs. It has worked nicely for me these past few years.

I use CA to hold coupler covers in place especially with some older Atlas U Boats snd use it sparingly so if I want to open the coupler pocket I can do so.

I'll be afraid of using any type of liquid plastic of ABS glue since the capillary action will carry the clue far beyond the installation point.

Greg

Back