Comparing small GG1's?

Skip

Is the K-Line GG1 about the same size as the RMT version?
{The RMT version is 3/16th's S scale, but using 3-rail O gauge track, I believe?}
If I buy a K-Line GG1, would it match up in size with my current RMT one?

Sorry, I do not know anything about the K-Line GG1 or anything about RMT. We don't have a lot of 3 rail folks here.

The K Line GG-1 as I recall is similar to the Lionel GG-1 that's 'semi-scale,' designed for tighter curves (like 027), from what I understand. They are not a full O scale (1:48) model. I just recently got a set of K Line F3s and they are very nice. Everybody I've asked has said that K Line produced some very nice O models prior to their closure/take over by Lionel.

I'm not familiar with K-Line's GG1, but I do have one K-Line Coca-Cola diesel set with TOFC and it runs great. Detail is comparable to Lionel's MPC era and the scale of the locomotive is equivalent to Lionel's traditional scale. (O27).
1544783632260.png

The trailers are a tiny big bigger than Lionel's trailers.
1544783475609.png

Below is the TOFC that came with my set. The trailer itself is the same size as the one pictured above.
1544783547857.png

I do have a couple of Lionel's traditional scale GG1s (equivalent to O27 and Williams by Bachmann semi-scale). I don't know exactly the what scale the Lionel traditional scale GG1 is, but I can tell you it is a little bit more than half the size of my Lionel Scale O (true scale) GG1.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but maybe there is something in my post you are familiar with and can use in comparison.

That is the challenge of O gauge, no standards and many variances, but I love it! :)

Back