Common DCC CV's and what they do

Hey guys,

For the sanity of those of you on the forum that are DCC Experts, we should have a thread that is a sticky of Common DCC CV's and what they do. I know that I would be coming back and referencing it a lot, and I'm sure there are others that would appreciate having such a reference...

Just a nudge to hopefully get the ball rolling since I am a newcomer to DCC myelf...

Ok, heres a list of CVs that I can think of off the top of my head which are common CVs that people would adjust. Not all of these are in all brands of decoders, so always refer to your decoder manual to double check as to whether your decoder supports the CV you are trying to edit as well as the intended function as there may be variances in which CV controls which function between different manufacturers.

CV 1 - can be 1-127 - Short address
CV 2 - Start Voltage: Set this CV to adjust the start voltage so that the engine starts moving at speed step 1.
CV 3 - Acceleration rate (momentum)
CV 4 - Deceleration rate (momentum)
CV 5 - Maximum Motor voltage: adjust top speed

CV 8 - Set to 8 to reset, only some brands use CV 8 for reset, Digitrax, Lenz, Bachmann, and BLI Blueline Sound-only decoders are the ones that I know of. Soundtraxx decoders may reset this way too (I am not 100% sure)

CV 125 - Set to 1 to reset MRC decoders.

Back