Coming soon

rlundy90

Armchair Engineer
Well I've finally collected pretty much everything to build the first part of my Greater Winnipeg Water District Railway. The yard is the first part that will be done. This contains the station and engine house.This part of the layout is 14' x 6'.It will eventually be a point to point railway 45' long with several peninsulas in between.At opposit end is indian bay yard.That will be the next part. Then the sections in between last.I'm looking for sugestions on later making it into a loop for continuous operation so I can have the trains operate on thier own instead of having to swith direction and go back.There are connections to both Cp and CNR from this railway.Will post the track plan for the yard plus some prototype pics in the near future. I hope to start the benchwork in about a month.I have to finish up that side of the basement first.Ron

I will as soon as I figure out how to do it. Are there any threads on that.All I have is a scanned drawing of the yard on graph paper but not sure what has to be done to post it. any help would be great. Thanks, Ron

If you have it saved on your computer, just "Go Advanced" under the text box when adding a post. Click "Manage Attachment" and browse and upload the image...If its too big (and it will let you know) take it to a resizer site like www.photosize.com and do it by 50% then rename (so you know which one it is) and save it, then attach again. Good Luck!

Gwwd Trackplan

Well lets try it again.I think i have it now. This is an actual drawing of the trackplan in a book I have. My plan for the yard shold be pretty close to prototype . I used the car capacities to figure out the lenth of the track using 40 ft. per car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back