Columbia, Mo. 1963

Great progress!!! I havent seen a update in months (havent been on the forum since Spring) and your progress is looking great. Nice Job!

Not to get off topic, but where is a good place to get sanborn maps?/ Id like to find em for DeSoto Mo ...

Thanks Joe - Your link gave me maps from the last turn of the century. I grew up there and its amazinghow much things changed in 90-100 years

Thanks again!

Work continues on mocking up the Park Ave. underpass. I have the office in the back just taped together for now to get the size and shape right.
IMG_0711.jpg

I made some more progress on this corner. I really like how the gravel road turned out. I'll take some better shots for the weekend.

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

I tried the N scale ground throws but my fingers are like baseball bats. The N scale ones are just too small. The HO ground throws are a compromise I made for the sake of reliability. I would of liked to do tortise machine but just couldn't justify the cost.

A bit more progress. I put this together when Walthers had the modular kits on sale.
IMG_1171.jpg

next on to the teamtrack and tofc ramp....

Joe, those combined picture came out great. I sure wish I had enough room for some grain elevators. :( Yours look really good. Alco, Joe can tell you for sure but I think tha's an early Wabash TOFC trailer.

Alcomotive,
Jim is right, it is a Wabash trailer. The Wabash started TOFC service in July of ’54. The trailer is sitting about where I plan to model the ramp.

Hi Joe,

I'm a new guy to this site and was surfing thru and found your post about Columbia, Mo. and the Walbash. I'm originally from Kirksville, Mo. and the Walbash RR ran right thru the main part of town and headed south, it passed with in 2 blocks of my parents home. I remember lots of times my buddies and me would be walking the tracks to the ballpark or uptown. The RR passed right by the old Shoe factory. I had a lot or relatives and various friends who worked there over the years. There was a really cool depot downtown. I think it was saved. Sure brought back a lot of memories,, The Walbash RR.

Mike

Back