CoffeeShop XXXVII-5/1/2013

Good morning, America! In Fulton County, Il there is a possibility of strong thunderstorms today. There are rumbles of thunder on an infrequent basis at the moment with the promise of more to come. Rain is the last thing anyone needs here for the next week or two. The farmers are starting to get a little nervous.

Happy Birthday, William, you pup!

By bnsf971;

I can hardly wait for the rest of my day...
Keep in mind the sage words of advice from those films we watched in school from the late 50's and early 60's..................DUCK AND COVER!

Hope things start to go better!

Got the grass mowed without incident. Check on my fathers dogs as he's out of the area today. Now back home and I think I'll just do a whole of nothing the rest of the day.

Alihelisdi.

The fun continues...
One of the manufacturers sent a truckload of RV air conditioners to us this morning. There are only two problems with that. First, we only ordered one, not one hundred. Second, the one we ordered is not what was sent.
Oh, and The IT guy thinks he knows what happened to my computer. We are having new security lighting installed, and he says one of the network cables has 120 volts in it.
Sigh...
It's days like this that let me understand why so many in my profession are alcoholics.:rolleyes:

Sometimes I wonder if drinking alcoholic beverages would be better if you feel like crap right away......then feel great the next day!

I mounted one of the Athearn diesel horns on one of the FP7's just to see what it would look like. I like the way it looks. Now I'm thinking about getting more so I can mount them on my other FP7's.

DSCN3869.jpg

DSCN3880.jpg

Sometimes I wonder if drinking alcoholic beverages would be better if you feel like crap right away......then feel great the next day!
Hmmm... "Instant gratification". So, if you drink more now, and feel worse now, does that mean you'll feel even better later? Or will it just seem that way?

Hmmm... "Instant gratification". So, if you drink more now, and feel worse now, does that mean you'll feel even better later? Or will it just seem that way?
Don't you believe it! I spent several years looking at the bottom of a Jack Daniels bottle and I can tell you for a fact there's nothing there but a promise that you'll feel terrible later.

Went down and fed the dogs and raided my fathers pantry for a snack. Good thing I mowed the grass today. It's raining outside and there are ominous rumblings to the west. Looked at the radar and there's a big ugly line of storms coming across east Texas headed straight for us. No further model railroading activity today.

Good morning, America, from the heart of America! Yesterday was around the mid sixties with periods of rain, sometimes heavy, with little thunder and lightning. Today is supposed to be cloudy but drier with temps in the low sixties. Got to go to work today, well, go for safety orientation, drug testing (oh no, I didn't study!), and fill out payroll info. Should only take a few hours, then I'll have the rest of the day off and start the outage Saturday evening, working 12 hours a day until it's done, about eight days give or take. I may need one of those coffee machines like Bill has in his post..................now that's for some serious drinking!

Good morning. Happy birthday William - even though I'm a day late!

Spent yesterday evening swapping-out the factory decoders in my Bachmann GP9s with NCE D13SRP's. Definitely smoother motor control. But one of them is defective - the front and rear headlights are both always on, and do not respond to any throttle commands. Guess I need to pick up another one of those from my LHS today after work.

Hope everybody has a decent day!

Ken Have you tried that decoder on DecoderPro yet??? Maybe it just needs re-educating!

Ummmm, Bill T. your Bunns are showing!!!!:D

Good Morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!

Ha! When I was still working, we called it Freaky Friday, because we had more problems/issues develop on Friday, than any other day. Never got away early.:rolleyes:

In any event, it's warm for a change here 70°, and sunny - it's predicted to stay sunny and climb into the low 80s:D:D:D. I'm tired of being cold!

Ken: I agree with Karl, it may be a programing issue. FWIW: I use Digitrax DN135s in my Bachmann GP7s, 9s and RS3s, and use the NCE replacement boards in my Baldwin Sharks. Major performance improvement.

In any event, I finally finished upgrading my two Reading GP7s to DCC, using TCS LL8 replacement boards. Best speed matched pair I've encountered without a lot of tweaking.:). My idea to uuse an LL8 in the Proto S-1 didn't work out. No matter what, the decoder is just too big.

Have a great weekend y'all.

Joe

No matter what, the decoder is just too big.

Have a great weekend y'all.

Joe
If it's just motor control, speed, direction and lighting you're looking for you might try the Digitrax DZ125. It's a Z Scale decoder and can fit into almost any tight space. It's my decoder of choice.

Good morning. It's 67° with 93% humidity. It'll be cloudy with a good chance of rain. The high will be 80°.
cond70.jpg

It's very wet here this morning. A larger line of thunder storms moved through last night and this morning dumping what sounded to be a massive amount of rain. The sound of it on my roof was a constant roar for nearly two hours. The power never even flickered but the cable internet was out for a while this morning that I'm aware of. If I was to sum up my thoughts on the storms in my native language, for polite conversation of course, some of my chosen words would be 'asdaya', 'ulosásdi', 'gadulida', 'anagalisgá', 'ayádakualosgá'. I hope we don't have another storm like that anytime soon. We're under a flash flood watch until 6pm Saturday. Right now the radar shows clear here but there's more ugly stuff making it's way across east Texas.

I may work on getting part of the layout cleaned up today. On the other hand I may sit around and watch some movies. It just depends on what I feel like doing at the time. Good thing I got the grass mowed yesterday.

DSCN3371.jpg

Back