CoffeeShop XXXVII-5/1/2013

Good Morning:

It's 52° and Foggy at the Jersey Shore this morning. Supposed to be quite rainy for the next several days. This will give me more time to get on track and get my stuff up to standard. I was surprised at the number of items I've bought over the years, that I had forgotten about, as well as the nagging thought that "something" is still missing.

Have a pleasant day

Joe

Good morning. Wet and dismal here in central MD.

Come on now, Ken. It's always "pleasant" in central, MD (Especially Harford Co:D).

I got the last of my road diesels decodered yesterday - my E8, which will power the only passenger train to ever grace the rails on my layout, a short one with three non-matching coaches. [1970 was long past the glory days of rail passenger service.] I have a Walthers SW1 still sitting on the workbench, but that is very low priority. The effort level required for me to convert it would far outweigh its usefulness for op sessions.
Good progress. I suppose I'm one of the last to run E8s in real life (2008), on a main line, and I have a special place in my heart for them.

I have a couple of B&O P2K E8s, that came with X2F (NMRA) couplers. I might try a body swap, and see if the shell fits on a later Walthers E7 frame. If that works, I'll strip the "as delivered" paint and re- do them as either Capitol Dome scheme or "sunburst" scheme. I have a few unmatched B&O coaches that will work on a '60s consist.

My SW1 sounds like a cement mixer. I agree with your effort level assessment;).

Next project: Find the resistors I need to wire-up the ISS dwarf signals that arrived for me yesterday.

Cool!

Jeff, your dad didn't wast much time, did he!:D
Nope! But being that he's 78 he probably figures he doesn't have time to lolly gag around.

Good morning. It's 64° with 78% humidity. It'll be cloudy with a high of 85°.
pcloudy-1.jpg

I'm going to drive myself insane yet. This morning I'm thinking about installing coupler cut levers on my newest rebuilt GP40. Why? What's so special about it? It was just a piece of junk that somebody sold off AS junk. Why should it be worthy of special attention? Why not the old Spectrum Bachmann GP40? I wasn't even even considering it. My eyes went right to the newest one. Maybe I should give this more thought. Or maybe I should try finding some cheap source of cut levers. I don't know. I'm gonna drive myself buggy yet.

DSCN3741.jpg

Good morning, America! The weather is back to dry and sunny for a few days with temps in the mid to high 70's. Then it's back to a couple of days of rain. Last year at this time the farmers had over 85% of their corn planted, this year it's 8%. Then there was a prolonged dry spell that lasted until this spring. Now, it's water, water everywhere! Rivers are starting to go down somewhat after record floods in many areas. Then it starts raining again and the cycle starts all over.

Got a Digitrax decoder put in a Kato NW2 yesterday, waiting on another one to come in for my other NW2. Have an older Atlas SD9 that I want to put a decoder in sometime. Going to use a TCS CN-GP for that one, as it is not made for a drop in. Put one in a Life-Like GP20 and it was easier than I expected. Hope this one goes the same way.

Got a call from the Union hall yesterday, going to work the night shift for a short outage at a coal burner 20 miles from home. Going to be 12 hrs a day for about 10 days. Have to go in for 8 hrs for safety orientation and drug testing, etc. Friday morning, then start the night shift Saturday evening. At least I will get to be at home and get to see the wife and dogs.

Just found this......................I thought it was different but funny.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I03UmJbK0lA&feature=player_detailpage[/YOUTUBE]

Guess I don't watch enough TV. My wife informed me that this was or is a commercial that has been on TV for a while.:eek: Oh well, I guess that is not a bad thing.

Next project: Find the resistors I need to wire-up the ISS dwarf signals that arrived for me yesterday.

Yikes! You mean I'm gonna have to pay attention to signals Ken!! :eek:

Oh well, I'm glad your installs have been caught up. Wanna come up and help me now?? :eek:,,,I was just handed 3 sound installs that get painted, 1 sound install + remotoring, 1 just sound install, and 2 more complete sound/remotor/paint jobs coming!! Literally, when it rains, it pours!!!:eek:
Plus I have to finish building a frame & driveline for a C415, Paint 2 more MMID GP38's, plus a few other projects that are languishing for one reason or another!

At this rate, I'll never get the layout built!:(;):p:cool:

Most of my day was spent watching TV and working on the newest GP40. Mostly painting and adding some detail parts. It's somewhat hard to see but if you look you can see the coupler cut lever on the pilot and see also that it has a shelf coupler.

DSCN3831.jpg

DSCN3829.jpg

Gentlemen, gentlemen and I'm sure quite a few ladies. A momentous event has taken place I believe, something I have been endeavouring to achieve with jibes and hints without success but Jeffrey has managed to bring about simply by speaking in tongues.

Possibly this has happened before not to my notice but I do believe this is the first time that a certain Bill Tidler Jr has posted a remark not associated with a morning cup of coffee.

Was there something stronger added to that cup this morning perchance??

Gentlemen, gentlemen and I'm sure quite a few ladies. A momentous event has taken place I believe, something I have been endeavouring to achieve with jibes and hints without success but Jeffrey has managed to bring about simply by speaking in tongues.

Possibly this has happened before not to my notice but I do believe this is the first time that a certain Bill Tidler Jr has posted a remark not associated with a morning cup of coffee.

Was there something stronger added to that cup this morning perchance??
What bill posted is a line from the movie 'The day The Earth Stood Still'. It was a message that Klaatu (the alien) needed delivered to his robot so it wouldn't destroy the world. That line is part of my avatar on my own forum.

My message is in Cherokee. You can translate it with a suitable translator if you like. It simply says 'Farewell now'.

Back