Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Wednesday, May 1, 2013

anim_coffee.png

TIPTONDEPOT-1.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

Good Morning:

It's 46°, and Sunny this beautiful morning in New Jersey. Hope it's equally nice where you are:D.

I'm off to an early start today, because my Arthritis did not think I should sleep in, so it made me uncomfortable:(. So I'm up early.

Highlight of the day, yesterday, was getting a frozen drive on a P2K GP7 to release:). Now it runs nicely, with fantastic slow speed performance.

Take care.

Joe

Good morning, America! Back home again! Got home yesterday around 1:30 PM. My wife was happy to see me and the dogs were REALLY happy! Go figure.

Now I need to clean the camper thoroughly, a month of living in it while working 11 hours a day takes a toll. It only leaves time for light cleaning while working, barely keep up. Hoping to catch a short job at a coal burner 20 miles from my house, even better would be a job finishing a second unit for a natural gas unit but it's about 150 miles from home. Would be a nice hit for about eight months, or so.

Might get some time to do a little modeling.:)

Good morning folks.

It's my 35th birthday today and I'm about to put myself into debt for 30 years!:D I get to sign my name 20 or so times and then head to the house to disassemble the pool table and rip out the basement carpet. If the spirit moves me, I'll start to paint the basment ceiling as well.

The forecast is for snow today!:eek: I keep telling people that I've had snow on my birthday a few times in my life and they look at me like I'm crazy. I'm definitely a little crazy, but not crazy enough to hallucinate!:D

Time to get going.
Have a good day everyone.

The forecast is for snow today!:eek: I keep telling people that I've had snow on my birthday a few times in my life and they look at me like I'm crazy. I'm definitely a little crazy, but not crazy enough to hallucinate!:D

If it makes you feel any better Corey we did wake up to snow on the ground this morning. Then it is supposed to be in the 70's by the weekend.

That was a good hockey game last night - too bad the Wild came up short.

Happy Birthday, Corey and congratulations on the house! One of the guys I was working with last month (there goes another one!) in northern Illinois said, "This sure is a mild winter we're having this spring!"

Good morning. It's 65° with 99% humidity. It'll be cloudy with showers likely. The high will be 82°.
cond006.gif
cond70.jpg

Shopping will be the prime activity today. I need to do the first half of the grocery shopping as the cupboards are somewhat bare. I also need to get more gauze pads and tape for my foot. I may work on the layout later today.

DSCN3723.jpg

Happy Birthday Corey, ya young whippersnapper! :D

Make sure you use a nice , smooth pen, your wrist will thank you later!:rolleyes::D

Got a Bachmann GP40 in the mail today. Looks like old Spectrum/Bachmann Plus. It sounds like a threshing machine crossed with an electric cheese grater. I'm going to rebuild it - MY WAY. Looked around on flea-bay. Parts are on the way.

I also received several kits. Roundhouse undec rotary snow plow and tender kit (unpowered). Atlas signal tower kit, a metal mine building kit. Many sharp edges. Looks like Black Bart maybe. No instructions. Gonna have to look around and see if I can find that. A Tyco log dump car set. Looks to have never been used. May make a nice display model. A mustard yellow caboose. No roadname or number. No manufacturer mark. Five windows on toolbox side, three windows on the other side. Body mount couplers. Offset cupola.

That caboose sounds like one of those old AHM jobs that everybody and their brother has sold at one time or another.

Went to the loan place I do business with and refinanced my loan for a lower monthly payment. Got it lowered a bit and I'm happy with it. Don't owe a payment until next month and didn't need to pay anything this month so I put the money to some use. I don't get this chance often. Got some stuff from Wal-Mart that I've been needing. Also did some digging around on the net and found two new Bachmann locos, a GP40 and a GP38-2, both PC and DCC. Picked them up at a good price. Also have two DZ125 decoders on the way. There's three packs of Athearn geep diesel horns coming and some specially selected diesel rebuild parts. In two or three weeks I should be able to get started on rebuilding the Bachmann Spectrum/Plus GP40 I have. Also got first half of the grocery shopping done. Second half happens on the third.

DSCN3782.jpg

Good morning, America, from balmy Fulton county, Illinois. Figured I might as well help Bill wake up the chickens this morning.:p Still having a bit of trouble getting my sleep pattern changed from a night shift to a day shift pattern.

My wife and I went to see my boy and DIL yesterday and went to Costco where we became new members at the new store. We later had one of his legendary steaks and grilled chicken. He sure can cook! And the best part is we don't have to go to Texas to see them.

Good morning. It's 63° with 100% humidity. It'll be cloudy with a fair chance of rain. The high will be 75°.
pcloudy-1.jpg
cond50.jpg

I have no particular plans for today though the work area on the layout needs some tidying up. I haven't yet sorted out all the stuff that I received yesterday. One of the boxes I looked in contains a rotary snow plow kit. Looking at it I wondered if maniacal laughter was echoing off the walls as it was added to the box. I'm in west Louisiana and the scenery on my layout is set in the same type area. What am I going to do with a snow plow? Could be some oddity for the local redneck brain trust to look at and ask 'What the heck is that thar thing?'. Maybe it could be labelled as a giant mobile steam powered snow cone maker. Though I'd hate to see the block of ice you'd need for that baby! And not to mention the catch cup! Step right up folks! One good spin of the blades with a suitable block of ice serves 2,500! I wonder how many I caught sipping their coffee right at that moment.

Time to get on with my day.

DSCN3788.jpg

Greetings from Howell, NJ!

It's currently 52°, and Sunny, going up to 67°, and remaining sunny, (we hope):cool:.

There are exactly 25 days until Memorial Day, and the locals are in a panic, as until they get the boardwalk rebuilt, they can't put up the parking meters:rolleyes:.

Corey, a belated Happy Birthday!

Have some unexpected business to take care of this morning, before I can do anything else.

Have a great day, y'all.

Joe

I have no particular plans for today though the work area on the layout needs some tidying up. I haven't yet sorted out all the stuff that I received yesterday. One of the boxes I looked in contains a rotary snow plow kit. Looking at it I wondered if maniacal laughter was echoing off the walls as it was added to the box. I'm in west Louisiana and the scenery on my layout is set in the same type area. What am I going to do with a snow plow? Could be some oddity for the local redneck brain trust to look at and ask 'What the heck is that thar thing?']
Weed eater for a very little used branch?
Zombie pureeing machine?
Grade crossing clearing unit?

Jeffery- get that plow blade wound up on a warm day as a house fan!you could blow a house off the foundartion. lol

Back