Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you by chance know what color scheme the B&O had for these Docksides?
I have a B&W picture of the real loco but I can't determine if the window were a different color or not?
If you come across anything on color schemes, let me know, ok?

David,
As best I can tell, they were all black with Dulux Gold lettering. I believe the red window frame you see on some docksiders was more a marketing thing, just to make it "prettier".
97%20at%20shop.JPG

Good morning. It's cloudy and 66.

Most of you know I own a travel trailer. I also have a single Honda generator to carry along if I end up camping where there is no power. The single generator will power everything in the trailer except the air conditioner. At the end of this month, we are taking a trip that will include a week with no electricity. The end of May will likely be very warm, to the point we will need the air conditioner. So, I went yesterday and bought a second Honda generator, with the parallel attachment, so I can MU the two of them together and run the air conditioner. This was a success, though I found out it does make a large difference in fuel consumption if the generators are broken in. I ran the two of them, MUed together, for 2.5 hours. The older generator used a quart of gas, the new one used a half gallon.
I'll keep an eye on consumption to see if gas use drops, or remains the same.

Gotta share this with you, it's not often we get a steam special with TWO steam helpers at the back, there are a couple of shots of 6201 on it's own, the last shot is climbing the grade which is around 2.6%
Enjoy it loud :D
[YOUTUBE]7nCakwix6pQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

While im on one, here's USA S160 class + 9F hauling loaded gondolas with EMD S1001 on the rear
[YOUTUBE]pUPZZLB1di8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

OK thats me done,
Enjoy the weekend guys

Nice old shot Bill, I'd date it at around the 1880's, on a guess, due to the early box cars and the young guys with bicycles wearing riding caps.

Thanks for posting.

It's from around 1915-Hamilton Ohio PRR station grounds.

Say, your sure either up late, like I often am, burning the early morning hours...

Yep. I was watching the super moon with a spotting scope (Telescope wasn't zeroed). Had some pizza, pop and then sipped some Evan Williams Cherry Reserve. All was grand till they didn't start laying right. Went for a walk, found the north star, read some of my new/used book, came here to read and post, wound up tired and shuffled off to Oz. Big Saturday nite. :p

Good morning. It's 76° and cloudy. The high will be 88° and it'll be partly cloudy.

Nothing planned for today. Don't feel like doing anything.

P1010898.jpg

Great videos Steve B. Loved all the "Chuffs". :)

:):):) Good videos these....thanks!

------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon

Sunny and 66F right now...had to spend some time mowing...no...make that CUT...our hay today..dang nitrogen enriched rainwater....:eek::mad::mad:

An explanation of the subject I used for this mornings photo. I know it looks like an Athearn mechanism. It isn't. You have to look closer. The weight on it is for an Athearn F7 but had to be filed to fit the frame it's on. The flywheels, shafts and worms are the newer Athearn 'hex' drive type. The motor is Proto Power West from A-Line. The trucks are Proto 1000 AAR and the frame (are you ready for this?) is a modified Stewart/Kato frame. The loco is DCC. There's a Bachmann decoder mounted under the far end of the weight just above the rear truck. The body shell for it is a Proto 2000 F3B shell. This is truly a 'junk box special'.

It's from around 1915-Hamilton Ohio PRR station grounds.

Hi Bill,
Thanks for clarifying the date. I was originally had guessed the date at about the 1920's but then thought it was probably taken at an earlier time? Guess my first estimation was more correct.

Thanks for posting the great old pictures! We all enjoy them I'm sure!

Yep. I was watching the super moon with a spotting scope (Telescope wasn't zeroed). Had some pizza, pop and then sipped some Evan Williams Cherry Reserve. All was grand till they didn't start laying right. Went for a walk, found the north star, read some of my new/used book, came here to read and post, wound up tired and shuffled off to Oz. Big Saturday nite. :p

I also had a lot of fun posting on here as well as taking some shots of the C&S West equipment. Common interests are great, glad we touched bases.

Talk with you again.
Btw, I like the slogan you have for the B&H and will have to come up with something similar for the C&S West. ;)

Jeffrey It's a mix and match special, if it works why not ;)

BTW we got a job today, smoke issuing from a shop but it turned out to be a smoke cloak machine that goes off if the burglar alarm goes off, it basically pumps loads of thick disco smoke out to stop thieves seeing anything, trouble is they didn't think about ventilation (lack of it) when installing it. The place had windows but they had bars on the outside so couldn't be opened more than 1/2" which raised other concerns regarding escape from a fire on a first floor.

By Trussrod:

I think they deserve a raise!

Well now Bob,
While I'll have to agree the little guys do probably deserve a raise the C&S West SL is in about the same condition financially as the Broake & Howe in that it's also a shoe-string operation and that restoration brought company profits almost down to zilch! From what I understand, even the Owner/President is concerned he won't see any profits now?:confused:?

By Trussrod:

From what I understand, even the Owner/President is concerned he won't see any profits now? ?

Well give them a couple of attaboys to take to the bank. I've heard that most of them have the paperboy cash their paychecks!:eek:

Okay, I would like to add one of those Genesis SP cabeese to my fleet.

Hi Bnsf,

Your response is appreciated but unfortunately my supplier doesn't handle the Athearn line.

If there is anything else I might be able to get for you just let me know.

Thanks,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back