Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a big Federal investigation, along with congressional inquiries for misappropriation of funds. If I have to hire a lawyer I won't be able to afford any new trains!

Well now Larry,
What seems to be the problem? As I understand it Flo and Francine are rather upset at having to move after the old place was remodeled and they were familiar with their surroundings!

Are we not spending enough here at the Coffee Shop or is money being funneled away in other directions?

Well anyway, glad you found a new home for the CS where we can share experiences and chase the waitresses.

Take care.

Actually the short term lease is a better option. Minimum output of funds,, minimum resposibility in case of monkey poo fights, (remember Chris?) but same great coffee and pie!:D

Are we not spending enough here at the Coffee Shop or is money being funneled away in other directions?
Well the moderators have to be compensated in some way, Don't they? :D

Cheers
Willis

Good afternoon/ evening guys,
Last night, well actually the night before, I got started on actually laying the the timbers on my Atlas TT to that will form the basis of my my H frame Gallows type truss structure.

Here is the, Walt & Howard model, I am basing mine on but will be adding various metal plates with Nut and bolt castings as well as added support for the cross beams. I'm not sure exactly how I going to handle the truss line situation but think I wind up using cables with turn-buckles which was probably the norm anyway?

90123[/ATTACH]"]
AnHframeGallowsTrussTurntableJPGbyWaltHoward2.jpg

Attachments

• AnHframeGallowsTrussTurntableJPGbyWaltHoward2.jpg
    AnHframeGallowsTrussTurntableJPGbyWaltHoward2.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 137
Time for me to call it a night. Didn't do much today. Ran some trains, watched some documentaries about Pearl Harbor, ran some trains, watched a couple of videos about Titanic, ran some trains, backed up some files, ran some trains, did a little work on the layout, ran some trains and took a few photos. And once in a while I'd eat a sandwich or some rice. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010720.jpg

Morning...

Got the old rain be raining on our'n heads today...foggy and drizzly for much of the day..high be going up to 70F...tonight clearing off...then the winds come in for tomorrow...

Have some shopping to do today and a bunch of other HD things as well

What's all this talk 'bout missing monkeys? Where is Chris anyhow?:eek:

Have a good day!

Good morning. It's sunny and 58.
i am loading up my new tractor and taking it in for repair today. The automatic transmission started making noises lik a dog with tin cans tied to its tail.

Good morning. It's 73° and partly cloudy. The high will be 85° and there's there's a 20% chance of rain this afternoon.

Well today I need to get over to my parents place, get the tractor fired up and mow their yard. We have a 50% chance of rain tonight followed by two days with better than 40% rain chance. So if I don't get it done today it'll probably be a lot harder later. As for the rest of the day I have no idea what I'll be doing later. Probably wishing I'd stayed in bed. Time to get at it.

P1010742.jpg

Good morning from SoCal. 54 heading for a sunny 70. The first day of a week long warming trend. I have visions of getting a lot done outside over the next several days. For today a friend of the family will stopping by so I can do her taxes. Other than that I have some work to do with the computer and I'm hoping for some time to do more work on the apartment building.

Good morning. It's sunny and 58.
i am loading up my new tractor and taking it in for repair today. The automatic transmission started making noises lik a dog with tin cans tied to its tail.

I'm about to give up on lawn mowers.
JD40 wonderful tractor, runs great, does anything I ask, but too damn big. Was a good idea when I was mowing 3 acres a week and plowing a 225 ft long driveway. But now its a half acre and a 75 ft drive. Besides, it takes up 1 whole bay in the garage, too big for the shed. :(
JD R72 Rear engined 30 inch rider, looks like something Forest Gump would drive. But, it turns on a dime, and can fit anywhere, but because of its size, takes 2 hours to cut the lawn.
then there's the Cub, aka the Cub Crapette. If ever there was a such thing as a yellow turd, this is it. Goes though parts like my teenage son goes though Pizza!:eek: Its been to 2 dealers, and many hours of my own, and I can cut the yard better with a Scythe. Its ONLY saving grace, the hydrostatic trans that the wife and son can handle!:rolleyes:

Seriously, whats cheaper, a fence and some goats? Or a lawn service?;)

Got the parents yard cut. Had only one problem and it was very minor. At one point I had to stop the blades before crossing over a gravel driveway. When I got to the other side I went to re-engage the blades and all I got was smoke from the belt. Something was keeping the blades from turning. Turned out to be a pine cone wedged between the chute opening and the end of a blade. Removed it and all was fine again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl my Kubota is till running great and cuts grass perfectly as long as I keep it out of 4 WD. In 4WD the front tires have a tendency to cut thru the grass and leave ruts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back