Coffee Shoppe XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
It is taking us longer and longer to move but that is a good thing I think. Flo told me it is less costly and that way we can keep them low prices youse folks has come to expect specially since Chris is buyin. Come on in a have a seat and shoot the breeze and enjoy one of our cool refreshing brews.

Guess ill move my post here then.

By Rex-
Duh-duh-dang, Flo! I thought I had better come in and keep you from closing this joint. I heard Chris was buying supper so give me a rib-eye, medium rare, tator, salad. Bring on the lemon pie just as soon as the steak disappears.

Sounds good! Sorry Chris, but i just got home from football so this might hurt :D, a 12oz. NY Strip for me with a side of king crab legs, mashed potatoes and peas please. Large Coke and some clam chowder for an appetizer. But lemon pie? How about a warm slice of dutch apple pie with some vanilla ice cream. A couple sugar cookies sound good too. Stupid sweet tooth :rolleyes:

By Rex-
When did Jimmy boy say he was coming back...this weekend????

Thought he said last friday? :confused:

Today i went to class and then directly to work. Work was a pretty good and i got paid for this and last week. By the time i got home i only had about an hour before football. I got to demonstrate plays with Varsity for the rest of it the team. It might sound simple but, its a nice honor for a sophmore like me to demonstrate with varsity because it shows the coach recognizes me as having some talent.

Hope everyone has a good one evening.

I smell new paint. Flo must have fixed this joint up! I sure hope she accepts Jim's credit card. He left it on the counter of the old place.:D

Eat up guy's, I got a new credit card to use! I found it out side in the parking lot, in a wallet with the name of.......... Now let's see who burst into flame!lol

Well no word on the Old Lady she's still MIA. All I know is what my son tells me, and all he said, "to pick him up from the in-laws sat. morning when he gets back from summer camp!"

As for myself, no luck yet on that 3rd shift job, ain't nothing out there at all. My little lawn service with 32 customers has me going 6 days a week......Thank GOD I have that at least!

Well i got to go, prep the equipment and load up 8am comes soon!

Good morning. It's 74 and sunny. The high will be 94 and it will be partly cloudy.

It's nice to see the sun out today. It's almost as if the weather is saying 'Sorry I kicked you in the teeth the last two days with enough rain to wash away Noah, here's some sunshine to dry you off before I soak you again'. The power was so flaky yesterday I wasn't sure if I'd be online this morning. I certainly don't need any more weather like that. No particular plans for today. I may work on a station some. I pulled the base off it earlier this morning. The plan is to paint the inside black preparatory to adding interior lighting. I'm trying out some Radio Shack #194 bulbs. They're 14v 270mA. On 12v they should last a while. If they're too bright I'll slip in a small resistor and see what that does. Attaching wires is easy enough. The bulbs have a wedge base. I just pry up the loop of wire on each side of the base, feed a thin wire through the loop, add a little solder and voila, the wire is soldered in place. With the low amp draw these have my old computer power supply shouldn't have a problem with a bunch of them.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1010944.jpg

Hey! If we just have to keep moving this thread, let's not do it until the start of the next day CST. Keeps from trashing a post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_88BGtp1zE

If that song doesnt remind you of Fall and how great Football really is, you must not have ever experienced the greatest season god ever invented.

Not much going on tonight, practice and then working on some summer work. Have a good one folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the word today that my EMD 567 prime mover should be here tomorrow. Also got word that my order of two GP7's have shipped and are on their way. I've been busy today clearing clutter off the layout extension. That's been a long drawn out process of sorting tools and useful bits out of what will go in the trash. Eventually I got to the point that I could see the tracks going to the south engine house. I also put gravels roofs on three structures. I also squeezed in some work on a station building that I obtained in a trade some time back.

Good evening---

Well, it is if you don't have unexpected bills to pay---the power window motor in the Audi went poof this morning--$300 later:eek:----finally get a new one put in:mad::mad:

Oh well.:(

I'm going to sit at the corner booth and mope---:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good evening---

Well, it is if you don't have unexpected bills to pay---the power window motor in the Audi went poof this morning--$300 later:eek:----finally get a new one put in:mad::mad:

Oh well.:(

I'm going to sit at the corner booth and mope---:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Awwwwww! Don't mope! I spent more than that last week getting the AC fixed in the wife's car ($450.) Look on the bright side. At least the window works now!
C'mon outta that corner, have a cold brew. Remember, Chis is buying!!

I'll be hanging out for about another hour. Waiting for the sun to go down before I try to get about 24 plastic tubs full of MRR stuff out of the top of the garage and get it staged for moving. It's official now, we do our final walk through next Monday evening, and settlement is next Friday at 3!!! Moving actually starts the next day for the train and kitchen stuff, furnature to follow the following weekend. (When my 5 sons will be able to help!)
We go with the bedroom suite, whenever it goes. Might be a few days of microwave TV dinners somewhere in there, but it will all work out!

Really, the fun part will be getting the 2 riding mowers and the big Deere over there. I'm seriously considering just letting the boys drive em there. It's about 5 miles of secondary roadway connecting the 2 houses. Why rent a trailer or try to lift them into a moving truck??:D

AC in the car fixed? Really? Haven't you heard of 240 Car AC? I've been rolling around down here for over a year with the trucks AC broken, I got two windows down and Hauling butt down the road, Now thats AC and.......You don't here me crying!:p:) Don't get me started on power windows.......:rolleyes:

You guys keep on melting this poor lil Credit card I swiped from someone here in the coffee shop.....Won't bother me no how:D Hell I got a 24 case of bud light on it today.......I'm feelin no pain right now!:eek:;) Weeeeeeeeeee I'm floating on a sea of beer.......:eek:

AC in the car fixed? Really? Haven't you heard of 240 Car AC? I've been rolling around down here for over a year with the trucks AC broken, I got two windows down and Hauling butt down the road, Now thats AC and.......You don't here me crying!:p:) Don't get me started on power windows.......:rolleyes:

You guys keep on melting this poor lil Credit card I swiped from someone here in the coffee shop.....Won't bother me no how:D Hell I got a 24 case of bud light on it today.......I'm feelin no pain right now!:eek:;) Weeeeeeeeeee I'm floating on a sea of beer.......:eek:

Someone wanna explain the one beer one bottle of water theory or do we let him suffer in the morning :D

Vodka and gatorade Chris, dehydrate and rehydrate. :)

Some of y'all may remember I had a former employer in California that did nothing but bring me grief, and I finally left the state to make it more difficult for him to keep dragging me into small claims court.

I was surfing the 'net today, and found a video that could describe how I feel about that individual. It also could possibly describe what's going through Chris's mind right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atBg9zLI2bA

Get the cars AC fixed? Why? It's only been broke for 8 years. Besides, that's money I can use for other things, like the two GP7's I bought. Total on that was $188.

To all you non believers in AC, remember the happily married man's motto.

If she ain't happy, noooooooobodys happy!!!

She wants her AC fixed, she gets her AC fixed.:D
She is on a pretty healthy dose of Tomaxafin (sp?) as part of her breast cancer therapy (she is a survivor) which makes her prone to some pretty heavy duty hot flashes, even in 100 degree afternoons. :eek:
So she gets her AC fixed. :D
She has had some bad ones even on days when the ac is not needed and weve been riding in my car, she reaches over and turns the ac on high for a few minutes, all the time sweating. I don't react to this behavior at all. I like the car cool enough to hang meat myself!:D
I only use the heat in the winter to keep the glass clear!

AC in the car fixed? Really? Haven't you heard of 240 Car AC?

Chris, do you even have a grasp on what 240 car AC does to a woman who spends 20 minutes on her hair, heads off to work in a dress and heels, then comes home in 240car a/c?

That 8 a.m. professional woman you saw when you left for work looks like a 3 a.m. hooker when she gets home from work!!!:eek::mad::rolleyes:

Good morning. It's 75 and sunny. The high will be 93. There's a 10% chance of rain this morning going up to a 50% chance of thunderstorms by 4 pm.

Well according to the postal info I'm seeing the EMD 567 I was expecting today won't come until tomorrow. My two GP7's departed Dallas yesterday. Speaking of yesterday, it was a productive day for me. Four structures have gravel roofs, the lighting in one structure was redone, a new structure (with lighting) was set in place and the layout extension got a general cleaning. The party started when I could actually see the tracks going to the south engine house. Amazing how quickly clutter can accumulate. Potential projects for today include preparations for a plaster pour where the extension meets the main part of the layout, placing an oil tank behind the fire dept and weathering a tank car.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1010953.jpg

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1010954.jpg

Hi Flo! Where's everyone? Guess you need to hire some pole dancers for this new location...Karl, make sure to change the batteries in your pacemaker before entering the coffee shop:p:D!

Should receive my order from Walthers Saturday. This is the ore bridge crane that I don't really need, but following Ken's advice..."get it while they still have it."

Bought a foam cutter yesterday and thought I would try a few small coal hills, etc., with foam. They will be small, so I shouldn't make too much of a mess. If this works, then I will make some small hills around tight areas that plaster would be too much of a mess

Did I tell you that the use of modeling clay worked great for the shape on my iron ore stockpile, but it had cracks like Big Bertha after a couple of days drying. No problem though, I filled the cracks with sealing caulk. Turned out pretty darn good.

Ya'll have a very good day... where ever you are!:)

Chris: thinking bout'cha and hope you can see some daylight soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back