Retired NS Signal Construction Gang Signalman
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Saturday, July 20, 2013

anim_coffee.png

POUR_CO.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning to everybody that just clicks the first link on the portal page.
It's clear and 75, heading for somewhere North of 95. Storms very possible. I'm heading to my LHS today to pick up my new BLI J (r/n611). This will join my original J, #600. I'll be able to do a more or less side by side comparison of them over the next few days. The 600 was a non-sound model when I got it, and I added a Tsunami to it, and the 611 has the BLI factory sound.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore!

The temperature hit 100° yesterday. Right now, 0838, it's 81°, but only going to 94° today, as the heat/humidity is supposed to break. The past 8 days have been dry the longest dry spell since the end of April. The rain probability for today, has dropped from 60% to 30%, and my lawn needs water. Typical July in Jersey.

Terry: Good Luck with your new Class J. It should be cool to see two of them running. We installed a decoder in my Atlas Classic CNJ RSD4 yesterday. Due to a wiring error, we exploded the OEM LED:eek:. We has to mill the weights to get the car body to fit over the replacement LEDs and heat shrink tube. Runs very quietly, and looks good.

Have a great weekend.

Joe

Good morning. It's 73° with 91% humidity. The high will be 92° but will feel like 102°.
condmc-1.jpg
cond50.jpg

Looks like it could be another wet one today. I have no plans for today have no intention of doing much of anything other than maybe cleaning the computer case a bit.

P1011105.jpg

DSCN4363.jpg

Good Morning

Well, we did get rained on last night...and lightning all around us for hours as well. Today will be clearing up and drying out a tad...high of 78F feeling like 84F...so...a bit of a change from the ridiculous stuff ...;)

Today is a day for BBQ'ing later on..and in a good way too!!:D

Have a good day!!;)

Morning all!

Hot again today (like I expected something else?) with afternoon thunderboomers possible. Yesterday was hot & sunny, got the yard cut, then around 6 I water to 2 new trees cuz they were dry. Just as I got done, the sky darkened, the wind blew, lightning flashed and thunder trolled, and my car got 10 drops of water on it. Then the sky cleared and the sun returned. Weird!

Flea market this morning,,,picked up a few nice oak kitchen cabinets (4 for 20) for the garage. Soon as SWMBO makes some deviled eggs and makes fruit salad, were off to the in-laws to float in the pool with the kids. No trains today but I will stop by the LHS (very close to the in-laws house) but just to pick up some stuff I ordered last week.

l8ter ~!

Bykbkchooch;

Just as I got done, the sky darkened, the wind blew, lightning flashed and thunder trolled, and my car got 10 drops of water on it. Then the sky cleared and the sun returned.

When we lived in Arizona we called that a 10 inch rain..................a rain drop every 10 inches!

We've had our longest dry spell of the summer, getting close to three weeks or so. It's been hot and humid for the last week and a cold front is supposed to come through later this evening and bring a chance of storms tonight. Then it will only be highs of 85 or so. The water in our pool is getting to be just right. As hot as it is, I'll take this weather over -10 and wind driven snow making driving hazardous. You also don't have to chop a hole in the ice to go fishing.

Welcome cooler temps today presently 70* with rolling thunder and rain showers. Found a stunning set of three soo line consecutive numbered clerestory steel baggage/express cars for $60. Made by Wheels of Time.....thought they would make a nice display. Then I thought........"do I really do displays?":confused: And soo line isn't even one of my railroads. But they are sooo nice! :eek:

We had a steady rain for about an hour this morning and we needed it. No drought but it hadn't rained in a week. Rain, on and off, is in the forecast for the next few days and the temps have dropped out of the 90s (highs) for the first time inthe last 4-5 days. It looks like it won't get anywhere near the predicted 88 for today. Present temp is 77 (Local Time is 4:56 PM)

By railfan;

And soo line isn't even one of my railroads. But they are sooo nice!

Remember to save your hard earned money for items you REALLY want and/or need! Self control, man!!! Like I have much of that!:D

Good Afternoon

Nice and dry out here...relatively speaking of course, lol. Actually we got to 79F feeling like 85..which is waaaay better than 94 feeling like..oh...116 out...

Had one of our buddies come out with the portable sawmill to take down/apart the 2 pine trees...245 bd ft of extra lumber to mess around wit'...heeheehee...

Getting ready to do the BBQ thing as well..

Have a good evenin' all!!

By railfan;

Remember to save your hard earned money for items you REALLY want and/or need! Self control, man!!! Like I have much of that!:D
The description notes these cars are "nicely weighted for the runner". So surely they could be justified in utilitarian terms. :rolleyes:

2575910447_77e6d7f9db.jpg

WOT-253-1624-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we've had a lot of ugly looking and loud weather today but very little rain. Mostly thunder and lightning. I had dinner at my fathers place today. Meat loaf, green beans, purple hull peas, mashed potatoes, biscuits. There was a choice of butter or fig preserves to put on the biscuits. I've never been fond of fig preserves so I opted for the butter. There were also home grown peppers such as the cayenne, jalapeno, birds eye and Serrano. I like the jalapeno and birds eye.

Did more work on the case of Apple IIe #1. A bit of Krud Kutter, a small piece of 220 grit zirconium paper and lots of elbow grease I got most of the discoloration removed. The photos below show the difference. The color change is most apparent in the space between the keyboard and the Apple emblem.

Before:
DSCN4220.jpg

After:
DSCN4380.jpg

Good evening. It's sort of cloudy, 75, with some rain fifty miles or so away.
I'd like to report my new Broadway J runs as good as it looks, and is a great addition to the ES&BM's fleet.

Unfortunately, I can't do that.
It ran very well for about thirty minutes, at which time the decoder went up in smoke. One of the chips near the capacitor was still smoking when I pulled the shell off the tender. I already have one BLI steam engine at their shop waiting for repairs, I really don't want another one. Especially one I've owned less than 8 hours. The LHS is closed tomorrow and Monday, Sometimes the owner is at the store Mondays to take care of ordering and stocking, maybe I'll catch him there. It isn't his fault, we did make sure the thing ran before I left, but having trains go up in flames the day I pay $400 for them is a bit much for anybody to remain calm about.

I'd like to report my new Broadway J runs as good as it looks, and is a great addition to the ES&BM's fleet.

It ran very well for about thirty minutes, at which time the decoder went up in smoke. One of the chips near the capacitor was still smoking when I pulled the shell off the tender. I already have one BLI steam engine at their shop waiting for repairs, I really don't want another one. Especially one I've owned less than 8 hours. The LHS is closed tomorrow and Monday, Sometimes the owner is at the store Mondays to take care of ordering and stocking, maybe I'll catch him there. It isn't his fault, we did make sure the thing ran before I left, but having trains go up in flames the day I pay $400 for them is a bit much for anybody to remain calm about.
Ouch.....not good. That would understandably antagonize even the most serene among us. :(

Aha, and people wonder why I refused to buy another BLI loco after I bought my first one. After it burned up after only ten hours I knew I didn't want or need any more of their stuff.

Well shortly after my previous post we got some rain here. It wasn't much but it was heavy enough I could hear it hitting my steel roof. There was a bit more rumbling but other than that it looks like the storms have moved on. Radar shows it to be clear here now. Looking ahead to tomorrow the forecast says there a 50% chance of more fun and games (rain, thunderstorms) tomorrow and possibly tomorrow night.

I found an all-metal Varney F3A online and I may pick it up if I can scrape enough money together. With a little modification the body will fit on the F unit Frankenstein chassis that's currently sporting a plastic F7A Stewart body.

That's all for now so I'll be calling it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011094.jpg

Did more work on the case of Apple IIe #1. A bit of Krud Kutter, a small piece of 220 grit zirconium paper and lots of elbow grease I got most of the discoloration removed. The photos below show the difference. The color change is most apparent in the space between the keyboard and the Apple emblem.
It definitely made a worthwhile difference.

Ohh, that hurts just thinking about it!

Back