Coffee Shop XXXVIII-7/20/2013

Ohh, that hurts just thinking about it!
OOOCCH!!! that is going to hurt!:eek:

Good Evening..

Our BBQ went really nicely...butterflied leg of lamb with some grilled asparagus with twice baked potatoes with herbed sour cream...mmmm....om num num num...lol! (rofl)

All that pine wood is going towards a few pieces of furniture... :eek:

Going to get showered up and off to bed for the night...

Have a good evening!!

Hi Yall, just got back from a week-long camping vacation totally without the comforts of home (internet, wi-fi, etc.) and been totally isolated.

Terry, that totally sucks about your BLI J crapping out on you. Stories like yours convince me to steer clear of them. As of a conversation I had with my LHS owner last year, he does NOT plan to and never will carry any BLI products.

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Sunday, July 21, 2013

anim_coffee.png

COFFEE_MUG.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good Morning:

Terry: That really sucks, especially after waiting for it, and shelling out the $. I was excited about the BLI releasing the Baldwin Sharks, until I did the math. if I added right, $ 750 + or - MSRP for a PRR A-B + A set. Considering the continuing reports of reliability issues such as your experience, maybe not......

My son and his family are returning to Tennessee today. Going to miss them, especially the Grand daughter.

Yesterday's promised "heavy rain" never materialized. Right now it's 74 with 85% humidity, and my lawn needs rain. Enough on the weather.

Everyone enjoy your Sunday.

joe

Before I possibly return this engine and cancel my order for the MTH passenger cars I was getting to go with it, I snapped a few pictures of 611, and 600. You can see some of the differences between the as-built configuration of 600 and the later, improved 611. Things like multiple bearing crossheads and spoked wheels on the leading truck are immediately obvious:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 175
Good Morning

Here we are sunny with a high near 75 feeling like 90..waaaaaaaaaaay better than that 95 feeling like 115 stuff:cool:

Get to do some clean up work on the Lair Of Doom this fine morning...all the ...ermm..stuff was taken out and all that remains to do is floor work in it...then it will become my recording studio...;)

Got this from a friend of mine..who now is with this band....

[video=youtube;YdTVNbDT_8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdTVNbDT_8M[/video]

Good morning. It's 79° with 85% humidity. The high will be 88° but will feel like 101°.
condmc-1.jpg
cond50.jpg

Looks like more rain and thunderstorms. Radar is showing a lot of activity down south and it's moving this way. No plans for today other than staying dry.

P1010983.jpg

DSCN4365.jpg

Plenty of lightning, thunder and rain today. Vernon Park Rd which is dirt is a muddy mess. It's only saving grace is that there's enough gravel on it to keep vehicles from sinking in or losing traction if the driver isn't acting like an idiot. Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN2336.jpg

Hi y'all, just got back from a camping vacation Friday evening. Spent most of the weekend mowing my overgrown lawn, then struggling to learn how to use JMRI Operations software. I'd really like to avoid using car cards again if at all possible...

Good morning. It's 75° with 100% humidity. The high will be 92° but will feel like 104°.
condmc-1.jpg
cond30.jpg

Looks like the weather is tapering off. Instead of being hot and wet it'll be just hot. No plans for today. Yesterday I worked on two of the Apple IIe's disk drives, a Franklin Ace10 and an Apple Disk II. The original beige paint on the metal shells was badly cracked, scratched and crazed and in places was just falling off. The shells were removed and stripped, sanded and repainted. They're now primer gray with a heavy coat of Clear Flat.

No layout plans as of yet. I don't intend on doing anything on that until I've recovered from the upcoming amputation and can get around on my own. I don't want to start something now and have to abandon it then pick it up later or have to rip it out and change it due to some new limitation.

DSCN2339-1.jpg

DSCN4381.jpg

Back