Coffee Shop XXXIII 06/21/12

Hello All! Just dropped in to say hi. Getting ready to make some of my famous chilli dogs to feed the Broake & Howe RR gang. I might be asking for trouble, but I'm also handing out some Evan Williams Fireballs that I like to make. All you need is 1.5 oz. Evan Williams Green Lable, 1 ice cube and heavy as you dare chayenne pepper sauce. You can also dump it in 8 oz. of Dr. Pepper.

Ummm, remind me please not to get downwind from ya'all! :eek::eek::eek:

Then there's the genuine Southern Sweet Tea I saw being made...
In a 16 ounce glass, combine:
15 ounces pure cane sugar
1 ounce fresh-brewed tea
Sweeten to taste.:eek:

Time for me to call it a night. Don't know what happened earlier today. I felt extremely weak for some reason or other and had to lay down for a while. I feel better now but I sure wouldn't want a repeat of it. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011335.jpg

Good morning. It's partly cloudy and 73.
I did a rain dance Saturday. It hasn't rained since Memorial Day weekend. I was rewarded with .05 of rain.
Encouraged by this, I performed another one Sunday. We got .01 inch. Maybe I performed the dances too close together.

Good morning folks.

After a break from the humidity it's back to nasty summer weather. I've found a way to make it rain though, plan a few days at the lake! The forecast is for sun and thunderstorms. I suppose they are just saying it's ripe for nasty storms with all of the heat and humidity.

The sale of my store is going through on Aug. 15th so I need to use up my accumulated vacation days. I have a year and a half's worth saved in anticipation of having a baby. Well, that didn't work out as planned so I'm going to play hooky for the last two weeks before the sale.

I've finished rebuilding my Mantua Pacific. It's taking a while to break in but is smoothing out with every lap. It makes me smile just to see it go.

Time to go buy a new stereo for my Mother's boat. We want to be able to use our iPhone/Ipads to listen to our digital libraries. I'm calling it her birthday present but it's really something I want. Kind of like buying her a new bowling ball!

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning. It's 75 with 98% humidity. The high will be 92 but will feel like 104.
cond094.gif

I'm somewhat lightheaded and dizzy this morning. My vision is a bit fuzzy as well so no detail type work today. Blood sugar level was 105 before taking meds this morning. BP is 106/66 (normal). At least I don't have a headache. Right now I'm just watching my three GP9 Frankenlocos pulling a string of seventeen cars around the layout. Today may be a good sleeping day.

DSCN0194.jpg

Afternoon guys,

I need a stiff drink later, spent the night on a barge fire, we won, we put the fire out AND didn't sink the barge ;)

Rex Glad things are settling down, I take it your now an honorary medallion man ;)

Gotta go feed the baby birds, LOL baby parakeet handfeeding is fun but messy work :D

Well I feel better than I did this morning. Head still feels a little strange and the vision is still fuzzy but there's no more dizziness. Still can't read without the glasses. Usually I can read the forum postings without them. Nothing much happening here. There are clouds moving through but no sign of rain.

I'm calling it a night early tonight. My eyesight is terrible and I'm notr feeling well. I don't know yet if I'll be on tomorrow or not.

P1010065.jpg

Good morning. It's 79° with 89% humidity. The high will be 92° but will feel like 107°.
cond20-1.jpg

Feeling better today. Eyesight has cleared a little but still on the fritz. No layout work planned for today.

P1010012.jpg

Good morning. It's 79° with 89% humidity. The high will be 92° but will feel like 107°.
cond20-1.jpg

Feeling better today. Eyesight has cleared a little but still on the fritz. No layout work planned for today.
Hi Jeffrey, Nice looking war bonnet there. I remember you decided to stop using the disc brake caliper lube for locomotive gears. Have you ever tried clear silicone plumbers grease? It's safe for plastic and has no petroleum in it. I used a plastic syringe to inject a small amount of it into the gears in the trucks on my N scale FT units. I get the GUNK brand at lowes for about $3.25. I also have it on my list to get some of the non-petroleum white grease with PTFE teflon additive.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't tried it. I'll have to see if I can find it here. The warbonnet F unit is a Mantua F7 shell on a Life-Like FA1 frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well today I brought out a well car I weathered some time back. It's the first time it's been on the layout for more than a test. Originally it was quite allergic to 18" radius curves and #4 turnouts but with a little filing on the coupler pockets and removing a couple of small pieces from the frame it now tracks very well. At about eighty scale feet coupler face to coupler face it's the longest freight car I have.

P1011347.jpg

P1011344.jpg

It's time for me to call it a night. Worked on a couple of freight cars today. I'm in the process of setting up a load for a depressed center flat, an excavator and a couple of dozers. Watched a couple of Errol Flynn movies today. 'The Sea Hawk' and the first movie he starred in 'Captain Blood'. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011334.jpg

Good morning. It's 75° with 99% humidity. There's a small chance of rain. The high will be 95° but will feel like 110°.
cond20-1.jpg

Nothing on the schedule today.

P1010759.jpg

Back