Coffee Shop XXXIII 06/21/12

Good morning. It's 81° with 84% humidity. There's a fair chance of showers and thunderstorms. The high will be 92° but will probably feel like 104°.
cond50-1.jpg

I feel better today than I did yesterday. However the nerve problems are still present so I won't be doing any layout or model work today. My sister and I will be going to town for lunch. I'm really looking forward to that.

P4140087.jpg

At 11:15 this morning my sister, my niece and I went into town for lunch at Wagon Master Steak House. I was in no shape to drive so I didn't even attempt it. It was a disaster for me. I definitely wasn't feeling like myself. I ate about a third of an eight ounce sirloin, just three or four slices of fried pickles, not even a smal handful of peanuts, a quarter of a small salad, and a third of a bowl of steamed veggies and a glass of unsweet tea. I never drink unsweet tea but today I did for some reason. I still don't know why. Usually I have Dr Pepper. As for the pitiful amount I ate normally that would have all been gone along with a half rack of pork ribs. My niece said that if she hadn't seen it with her own eyes she never would have believed it. She would have called the person telling her a liar and taken out papers to have them committed! After we left there we went over to Lowe's to get a heavy duty extension cord. I didn't even try getting out of the car. I never fely less like moving in my entire life. Upon getting home I didn't even bother turning the computer or the layout on. I just went back to the bedroom and passed out across the bed. I woke up two and a half hours later feeling somewhat better and came up hyere and turned on both the computer and the layout and have a train running as I type this. I'm not really paying attention to it, just listening the click-clack of the wheels on the rail joints. The doc will be back tomorrow so in the morning I'll go to his office an plant myself right in fron t of the sign in window and get my precripsions renewed, every one of them! If I can't drive I'll get somebody to take me.

Bachmann GP40 body on 1978 Atlas GP40 drive.
DSCN0853.jpg

Time for me to call it a night. I feel much better now so hopefully I'll be up to driving tomorrow morning. The doc will be in tomorrow so I'm going to park myself right in front of the sign in window so I can get all my prescriptions renewed then take to the pharmacy and get them filled. That will likely be the extent of my activities tomorrow.

I hear thunder in the distance so it's time to get out of here. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN0842.jpg

Good morning. It's 74°. Humidity is 100%. There's a fair chance of showers and thunderstorms. The high will be 92° but it will feel like 107°
cond094.gif

I'll be off to tyhe docs office in a little while. I feel much better than I did yesterday. Woke up with a low grade fever this morning so that probably explains my severe lack of appetite yesterday. I feel up to driving today so getting to the docs office won't be a problem. Be back later.

DSCN0796-1.jpg

jeffery i love the rio grande paint , you couldnt run the loco in that scheme without patching it ;)
Nope. Everything that belongs to the L&A wears the L&A logo, somewhat like Lionel products.

Well I got my prescriptions renewed, went to the pharmacy to get them filled. Got everything but the nexium for my gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Seems the insurance company requires a physicians approval for it to be dispensed . Geezz! The doc just wrote the dang prescription not fifteen minutes earlier! I'll have to pick it up the next time I'm in town. Last month it was Avodart they needed a physicians approval on and in May it was something else. What do the bean counters do? Sit back and throw a dart and whatever it hits is what they require an approval on? Dang bureaucrats! Can't live with them, can't kill them! Well, at least since I've taken my meds I feel a bit more normal now and don't want to rip the head off of the next person who calls or knocks on the door.

Got a thunderstorm moving in so I'll be backing out of here. See y'all later.

Last edited by a moderator:
well it seems in fla between 2 & 4 the sky to the east blackens with big thunderheads o'well it looks like that time has arrived :eek:

Hey, what about that new company that produces mini traction motors that mount right in the trucks of your HO locomotive....and drives it like the prototypes? You have to buy the special trucks made for it too. Well, it doesn't come with a mini diesel power plant.....yet....so I'm not gonna break any speed limits to be the first to try that. I have N scale anyway. It's made by something rail something or other. That's not the exact name, LOL. :p.

If you used those...I guess you'd then have room for big DCC speakers or lead weights, or whatever....in the space vacated by removing the original motor.

Mike

Hey, what about that new company that produces mini traction motors that mount right in the trucks of your HO locomotive....and drives it like the prototypes? You have to buy the special trucks made for it too. Well, it doesn't come with a mini diesel power plant.....yet....so I'm not gonna break any speed limits to be the first to try that. I have N scale anyway. It's made by something rail something or other. That's not the exact name, LOL. :p.
Railflyermodel. To use them on DCC they need a special system. Existing decoders will not work.

Hey, what about that new company that produces mini traction motors that mount right in the trucks of your HO locomotive....and drives it like the prototypes? You have to buy the special trucks made for it too....

If you used those...I guess you'd then have room for big DCC speakers or lead weights, or whatever....in the space vacated by removing the original motor.

Mike

For a lot of diesel modelers I'm sure that the new Railflyer motors is something they've dreamed of for years! Imagine the detail/electronics and weight that could be added to the chassis.:D

Now if someone could come up with more room in boilers and tenders for steamers.....

I had a little mishap when I was leaving the docs office today. It could have easily been very serious but I didn't think much of it at the time as I had more important things to do. I went out and opened the drivers door of my van and stepped up onto the step with my right foot as I normally do, grabbed the steering wheel in my right hand and the door armrest with the left and pulled myself up then put my left foot onto the step then lifted my right foot. At this point all my weight was on my left foot. I hadn't noticed it was on the edge of the step as I can feel only bone pain from the knees down and from the elbows down. Well my left foot slipped off the step and headed for the concrete. My right foot got a good purchase on the step but it was too late. Gravity was doing it's work. It's about sixteen inches from the step to the ground, maybe a little higher. My foot slammed down hard on the ground and I pushed myself backward to avoid hitting my knee against the step. It was very close. I felt a jolt of pain shoot through my ankle and I knew the bones had been effected in some way.The pain quickly faded and there was no bruising or popping. I just looked again and still no bruising so it looks like I got away with just a scare.

My good deed for the day. I pulled up at the pharmacy and saw a Buick Century, same color as mine was. The lady it belonged to and her daughter came out of the pharmacy at that time. I told them I had owned one almost identical to it and had sold it when it was sixteen years old due to repairs I couldn't afford to make. Well she said the radio in hers had gone out and she was looking for another one. Told her I'd be right back. I looked behind the passenger seat of my van and there was the factory radio from my Century. It was working fine when I took it out so there was no reason it shouldn't now. It was identical to the one she had. I handed it to her and she handed it back saying there was no way she could pay me for it. I handed it back to her and told her she didn't owe me a cent. It was hers. Well the look in her eyes and the big smile on her face said it all. At that point she was probably the happiest person in town.

I took my meds when I got home around noon and I'm a little dizzy right now. That's more or less normal after I've been off them for a while. Even a week can make a big difference. It'll take me a few days to get used to them again. I can already see a difference in my dexterity. Can't hold a screwdriver steady yet but it only moves a quarter of an inch instead of an inch and a half. I should be back to normal by this time Wednesday.That's all for now. That's enough.

OOoooh yes, could have been real nasty.

What year was your old Buick, last ones I can remember seeing out this way were some pre ww2 ones being used for stock car derby racing.

Time for me to call it a night. Took my night meds and my 100 unit insulin shot and I'm feeling somewhat drowsy. I'll probably drop off while I'm watching 'The spy who loved me'. James Bond wouldn't last forty-eight hours in the real world but in the movies he wins every time. Anybody know how many times the Bond character was married? Technically three times but legally only once. The first on film (and in print) was to Kissy Suzuki. The marriage was a cover and therefore not valid. The second time was to Teresa "Tracy" Draco, and also known as the Contessa Teresa di Vicenzo). The third time was in print in the novel 'Scorpius' (1988) to Harriett Horner. Bond and Horner pretend to marry, only for her to die a couple days later when attempting to flee Scorpius' island.

Well that's it for tonight. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN0824.jpg

I'm Not Dead......Just indisposed

I've escaped so DON'T pay the ransom. Glad to see most of you are still up and kickin'.

Bob

My laptop computer, slowly over the last month or so, lost its ability to connect to my home wireless router. Tried a few thing to fix, then decided to use a network cable for a couple days while thinking about it. It still connects to the college wireless system no problem.

Then today I noticed in the router wireless settings there are several different channels in the band. I switched to a different channel and now it works again. Lightbulb goes on in brain. Turned lightbulb off for now. Come back to brain later with broom to clean out cobwebs. :rolleyes::p

Mike
(primitive wireless anasazi packet inspector)

Back