Coffee Shop XXXIII 06/21/12

Actually, its splash oiled if anything (1967 Koehler engine) leaking out of the crank, hitting the PTO clutch, and flying 360 degrees in all directions, including up,,,,thats where the muffler is. Its been OK in the motor department till now...
I just had a thought,,,,,,I wonder if I could just repower the thing with say,,,a 24 HP Kawasaki engine??:rolleyes:
I had a Cub Cadet like that back when they were new. I liked how they dual purposed the generator to also be the starter. I wore it completely out, bought a Sears Suburban lawn tractor to replace it, then bought a Ford when I wore THAT out. Of the three, the Cub was the best and most reliable. That was back when Imternational owned it. My new, improvd Cib is aa shadow of the old one. The Ford, circa 1977, had the same transmission and foot controls the new Cub has. At least the transmission hasn't fallen out of it yet. I would recommend repairing what is there, there is no way you will find a motor as rugged as that Kohler engine.
If it was Sears it could have been a Roper or a Murray Ohio. My grandparents had an old Sears tractor that was a repackaged Cub Cadet. Mine came from Lowe's. It had a decal (peeled it off long ago) that looked like a spinning seven(?) pointed falling star.

i had a couple pf more modern Sears riding mowers, and if you painted them red, you could park them next to a Murray, and no one would be able to tell which was which. The Craftsman tractor I had to replace was one you would have liked. One pedal for the brake, but hand controls for everything else, including the hydro drive. It had a twin cylinder Briggs engine that ran great, but was pretty thirsty.

Good Evening

Well, we got rained on, we got winded on, even hailed on...we are now drenched...and, our wetland is back.

And....the little Spring has just come up here to grace us with his furry presence...consider yourselves headbunted...as he just headbunted the screen, lol!

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it.

P8120090.jpg

Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Sunday, September 9, 2012

coffee-pouring111.png

NKP765_HERTGT.png

NKP 2-8-4 #765 running with the new NKP Heritage unit outside of Muncie IN-July 2012

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin all!

Its 65, sunny with a light breeze, all the windows are open!
The birds are chirpin,:)
the cats are purrin!:)
(the tractor's still leakin,):(
and SWMBO wants to sand and paint the picnic table today (Read that, have me sand and paint said table):eek:
hey, at least its not hot outside!!!:D

Oh, and I found part numbers online last night for the Cub, and through another forum I found out that NAPA handles a lot of Koehler engine part cheaper than the "tractor parts houses"....tomorrow I'll make a call for a little NAPA know how!!:):):)

Good Wet Morning from SwimmingVille.

We just had another monsoonal shower show up of the 60% type...going to be like this all day as well...high? Would you believe...66F?:eek:

aaaahhhh...but t'is normal around Western Fair week to have the highs go tumbling down and to be cold at night...lows at 46F and such as well....:eek:

Going to be doing some housework here..laundry doing , vacuuming, et cetera....yay...:rolleyes:

We'll see if any traintime comes our way here...:rolleyes:

Good morning. It's 73° and partly cloudy. The high will be 85°.
cond026.gif

I won't be doing much today as I'm light headed and somewhat dizzy and my back and chest are hurting. Throw a bit of confusion into the mix as well. Just some of the possible side effects of the meds I take everyday. Usually they don't bother me but some days, like today they make themselves known. They can cause worse side effects but fortunately they rarely appear. I think this would be a good day to turn off the phone and crawl back into bed. I hope everyone else has a good day.

DSCN1530.jpg

After two weeks on new job at mega-huge candle factory, my 1955 model body/lower back is holding up well and better than expected :). I stand all day 8 hours, (with 3 breaks) mostly in the same spot.....but get to move around doing different tasks sometimes which helps. Got my first paycheck in two years a couple days ago :):)......after surviving on meager unemployment check and retirement money. Content with new situation for the moment......(yet definitely NOT better off than I was four years ago.....as is sometimes said.....by those who sometimes say this :(:rolleyes::mad:).

I do have waaay more train stuff than one year ago....somehow....which is another good thing! :p

Mike

Mornin all!

Oh, and I found part numbers online last night for the Cub, and through another forum I found out that NAPA handles a lot of Koehler engine part cheaper than the "tractor parts houses"....tomorrow I'll make a call for a little NAPA know how!!:):):)

That what I mentioned to Jeff, he should check with NAPA, I forgot to mention their prices were a fair amount less Sears Parts and just as good if not better. I had them get me a new long drive belt for my tractor and it still working just fine. I always push the peddle forward to set the parking brake and releive tension on the drive belt when not in use which is probably fairly standard.

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Sunday, September 9, 2012

coffee-pouring111.png

NKP765_HERTGT.png

NKP 2-8-4 #765 running with the new NKP Heritage unit outside of Muncie IN-July 2012

Say Bill, That's quite interesting to see, two steam loco's operating during the current time!!

Thanks for posting.

That's a very unique store front with interior and lit, who makes that?
The building is by DPM. The 'interior' is nothing more than an image printed on cardstock and lit from behind by a couple of Christmas lights. The image was PM'd to me by another modeler.

DSCN1628.jpg

DSCN1642.jpg

Mike, glad things are looking better for you!

Jeff, I might have to try that trick with a few of my Merchant Row units - awesome!

Karl, I see you decided to 'return' across the street! I mostly lurk over there myself, but once in a while I'll post something to the "Show Me ____" thread.

Gonna be a long week for me. Vicky [MOH] just flew down to Alabama today to visit with her 92yr-old mother who's in the hospital. She's been in and out of hospitals and nursing homes for the past two weeks since she fell face-forward and sustained a serious bruise on her forehead. The poor woman's life is hanging literally by a thread, her body slowly wasting away from the inside out. Vicky thought if she went down there to see her she might cheer up and recover. I didn't have the heart to say to her, there's not likely to be any "recovery" from being 92. But this may be the final chance she has to see her mom, so she made the right decision [going to AL].

In the meantime I'll be playing "mister mom" to my youngest daughters, bringing them to and from school, cooking supper, and doing laundry - in addition to my day job. Leaves very little time for mrr activities. However I am working on updating my carcards since the towns on my new layout all have different names. Printed and folded up 80 new waybills, man was that ever tedious [but necessary if I want to have op sessions].

Ken
Yeah, I wandered back across the street! Youre right, this may be the last time Vicki gets to see her mom,,but it does give me a little chuckle,,,I just had a vision of you with an apron on, trying to fix breakfast and roust some sleepy kids all at the same time!!:eek:

A shave and a haircut - two bits. 25¢ for those not knowing what two bits is. I used to get my hair cut for four bits back in the 70's.

Time for me to call it a night. Pain from this morning faded away as did the dizziness. The light headiness remained. So I didn't get much done today. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011606.jpg

Back