Coffee Shop XXXIII 06/21/12

Happy belated Birthday Jeffrey!

Sounds like it was good enough. :p Hello to everyone else!
Went to a graduation party yesterday. Lots of "Characters" running around.
Still had a good time though. The food was good, drinks were cold. :)

:( Sadly, Ernest Borgnine passed away today, he was 95.:(

Shacks gonna chase that Bo no mo!

5479339440_078c387d3e.jpg

R.I.P.

R.I.P Ernest Borgnine. You will be missed. I loved his portrayal of a sadistic bully of a railroad conductor in 'Emperor of the north" (originally titled "Emperor of the north pole"). He was the guy you loved to hate.

Time for me to call it a night. No layout work today but I did run a train for a while. First with the three GP9 Frankenlocos then with the F7A-F3B-F3B Frankenlocos. Weather here was on the verge of rain. Very humid and sticky. Went to see my sister today. Just the walk from my van up the hill to her porch was enough to get me soaked what with the high humidity. That's it for today. See y'all tomorrow.

P6040422.jpg

Have a good nite Jeffrey! I'm outa here too. Count me in with those who'll miss Ernest Borgnine. What a man.

By kbkchooch:

:( Sadly, Ernest Borgnine passed away today, he was 95.:(

Shacks gonna chase that Bo no mo!

Ernest Borgnine and Lee Marvin were a couple of the Great Ones. Not any of the new actors even come close. A Number 1 and Shack are together again.

"Kemosabe, Tonto decide me ride in front now.....since you always stopping at taco bell for breakfast burrito...........(!):mad:"

Finally, temps in the low 70s this morning, but its raining too in King George, VA. Got some more track laid last night. I'm running out of code 83 flex track so I will have to finish up with code 100. Got about 400 feet of that.

Good morning. It's 73° and cloudy. The high will be 90° with a heat index of 100°. There's a 60% chance of showers and thunderstorms with locally heavy rain possible.
cond60-1.jpg

Maybe today I can do the cleanup work on the layout that I didn't do yesterday. I don't have anything planned for today.

DSCN1030.jpg

Either the wars have started at Ft Polk or there's a very noisy thunderstorm headed my way. The weather radar agrees with the thunderstorm assessment. See y'all later.

Today's been one storm after another with a peppering of power outages in between. Had lunch at my parents place today. Pork chops, home fries, green beans. Then I went to a Parish Police Jury meeting with my father to hear about what they'll be doing with taxes and he could speak his piece about them and also lodge a complaint about why the road out here hasn't been improved when the others around us have. There weren't many area residents there so his words didn't carry the weight he had hoped they would. It was more like a whisper on the wind. We came back home, gathered the family and enjoyed a watermelon. This is the first chance I've had to get back online today for more than a few minutes. The power was acting crazy much of the day.

Time for me to call it a night. Had barbeque chicken for dinner tonight with my own buffalo style sauce. Mmmm, mmmm great! If I wasn't such a good cook I might be able to lose some weight. Ainsi va la vie. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN0988.jpg

About ten months ago in september 2011.....I went on a two week semi-fast diet not eating much for two weeks. I had one non-fat yogurt and coffee in the morning......and in the evening a handful of raisins, or a banana with coffee. Drank plenty of water as always. Nothing else for two weeks. Did a little exercize, stretching and walking most days. The hunger went away after two days and my stomach shrank. After a week of this I was completely pain free after having major back pain for eight years. I felt euphoric. After two weeks of the diet I lost at least 15 pounds and felt the best in many years. Then I gradually (pretty quickly) slipped back to normal eating. I have wanted to get back on the diet....but it's not easy. Pain returned somewhat after resuming normal diet......though after some years my back has healed a bit too.....and is better now.

Good morning. It's 72° with 100% humidity. The high will be 88° but will likely feel like 99°. There's a very good chance of showers and thunderstorms.
cond70-1.jpg

Nothing much going on today. Looks like I'll be ducking more thunderstorms. I have to do some work on one of my GP9 Frankenlocos today. Nothing major. I used super glue to hold the motor in place when I built it. It's broken loose twice. Super glue can't stand much shear force apparently. So today I'll secure it in place with hot glue. Other than that just do some more cleanup on the layout.

P4230206.jpg

Hi everyone!
Well, my Mother passed away Sunday night in her sleep. Fortunately, she didn't have any suffering during her last days. At 96 years old, she had a full and very good life and was a full time mother to the end. When you think of 96 being very old, look at it from being born in 1915 and all the events that have happened since; now, that was a ways back.

Again, I thank all of you for the warm and sincere support you have given me. You are a very special group of guys.;)

Hi everyone!
Well, my Mother passed away Sunday night in her sleep. Fortunately, she didn't have any suffering during her last days. At 96 years old, she had a full and very good life and was a full time mother to the end. When you think of 96 being very old, look at it from being born in 1915 and all the events that have happened since; now, that was a ways back.

Again, I thank all of you for the warm and sincere support you have given me. You are a very special group of guys.;)
Rex, you have our condolences.

Your mother saw a lot of history since she was born.
In 1915:
The United States had not yet entered WWI
The Titanic had sunk only 3 years previously
Many people had not even seen an automobile
Most homes did not have running water or electricity
A skyscraper was 5 stories, the elevator was out of the question.

Back