Coffee Shop XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys & Gals,
Glad to know that Rex, whom I talked to earlier and Carey from posting here are Ok, as well as Gator Dave but he, I guess wasn't real close fortunately. I also hope Eric/GrandeMan is alright to along with Jim if he is anywhere near? These natural disasters sure cause a lot of anxiety and uncertainty.

It's also makes a strong case for everyone having the Cellphone#'s of each other to hopefully ensure a possible way to maintain contact in times like these.

Now, I'm not trying to pour Salt into an open wound but if there might be any truth to the prediction of wide spread damage happening when allegedly all the planets line up, toward the end of this year and all hell breaking loose we all should attempt to have as easy of contact as possible, I believe. There is nothing definite as Rex pointed out but I talked with him for an hour or more from Central Calif. so it somewhat possibly depends on the Carrier and their towers and signal strength I guess? I'm with Pure-Talk [Telrite Wireless] that uses AT&T as their base and they are pretty reasonable on their fee and located in Georgia.

It's a real shame that these things have to happen as they do and the loss of life and property is what's really devastating. God Rest their Souls, all that perished and have mercy on the loved ones.

Glenn, Bill is out of town but his place is also on the opposite side of the river from the path. The tornado stayed on the southern side all the way to the B'ham area. I believe you are talking about the older fellow named David. I was thinking that was Forestdale (heck, I don't know those parts very well). That is unreal about your friend finding the paper. They said debris from Tuscaloosa was falling on Red Mountain there in B'ham.

Jim wasn't affected by a tornado as he lives south of all them, not far from Montgomery.

I talked with Eric yesterday and he was alright.

Latest totals for T-town: 39 dead, 990 injured, 468 missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to here you guys are all ok, seems to be lots of natural disasters lately, what's mother nature up to?

Ken

Ken, mate, we've all had our fair share haven't we. Across the Tasman we have been by our bros side-by-side with Christchurch. We've gone through horrific floods in Queensland, Cyclone Yasi. Two years ago we had Black Saturday bushfires here in Victoria where we got to 47C (116F). Not too many cities can (fortunately) boast that temperature. The good and gentle people of Japan have been devastated in a triple hit, and in '04 the massive Indonesian Tsunami.

Natural disasters occurring all the time, but all out of our hands and just the way of the natural world as it continually evolves and reforms, like it has been for 4.5 billion years.

Having said that, I think you'd agree that we live a beautiful part of the world.

04/30/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
Diner.png

:confused:

Happy to here you guys are all ok, seems to be lots of natural disasters lately, what's mother nature up to?

Ken
My nephew's theory is that it is a prelude to the world ending in 2012.
I don't agree with his hypothesis, and even if he happens to be right, there's nothing we could do about it. I think it's a combination of climate change (also known as global warming) for weather-related phenomena like the tornadoes, and a geological redistribution of mass in relation to the earthquakes. They are not related, and things will settle down again soon. Of course, "soon" on a global scale could be decades.:(

Good morning. It's 63° and cloudy. The high will be 80° with a 50% chance of 'spotty' thunderstorms this afternoon tapering off to 20% this evening.

Looks like I'll be mowing grass today. It's up high enough now and if we get rain it'll get out of hand. Nothing else on the schedule for now.

Good morning folks.

It's raining and cool outside. I'm starting to sound like I'm repeating myself huh? The sun was out yesterday for two to three hours, Oh joy!:( At least we don't have tornadoes. (that's what we're all saying to each other when we complain about the weather.) I suppose that's a good approach.

The prom tuxedos went out the door without incident. At least, so far. Once we're completely sure there are no problems I'm heading home from work. It's my birthday tomorrow so I think my buddy, Mich Golden, and I are going to hang out.:D

To celebrate my birthday I ordered two boxes of soy beans from scenic express. :cool: Holy crap, I thought corn was expensive. This section of field is quite small so two boxes should be enough.

I'm off to work, have a great day folks.

My nephew's theory is that it is a prelude to the world ending in 2012.
I don't agree with his hypothesis, and even if he happens to be right, there's nothing we could do about it. I think it's a combination of climate change (also known as global warming) for weather-related phenomena like the tornadoes, and a geological redistribution of mass in relation to the earthquakes. They are not related, and things will settle down again soon. Of course, "soon" on a global scale could be decades.:(
I personally believe this is nothing more than part of a natural cycle. I have already heard the "Soothsayers" claim it is a result to global warming and is only a prelude of that still coming. Hmmm! Then how do they explain the "Super" tornado outbreak in 1974. Even though we didn't know it, I guess we had GW then :rolleyes:. Interesting!

Through the last few years, I have about given up on we Americans still caring for one-another, but I have just been proved wrong. Armies of power and utility company workers from all over the USA have been arriving, rescue and fire departments from many cities and states sending equipment and personnel, volunteers from everywhere pouring in to lend a hand, donations from all over the world given to the Red Cross and other agencies....and even the POTUS shows up instead of playing basketball or taking another vacation. YUP! America, there is still hope for us all;):).

Ya'll take care and please think about us...your prayers certainly wouldn't hurt.:)

No mowing today. The shower that the weather guesser said would come this afternoon came this morning and it's been drizzling almost constantly since then. Oh well. It's a good day to get the laundry done.

I don't worry too much about that sort of thing, and I live less than a mile from the San Andreas Fault. I doubt things would ever be swallowed up in fissures, but they can certainly get shaken apart. We survived the Loma Prieta Quake in 1989, and sufferd $75K damage to our house. You fix it and move on. Fortunately, all we have to deal with is the shaking. The tsunamis are the real killers from earthquakes.

Simple. Shoot them on sight. (Too bad we can't.)

That's how I feel every hurricane season, Fix it if you can and move on. The price you pay for just living....:rolleyes:

As fer looters....Who says you Can't shoot them?:confused: You just get in trouble IF you do and get caught!;) Shoot and hid the proof!:D LOL's:p

Got something in the mail today that gave me a chuckle. Well a laugh really. It's a card from 'National Vehicle Protection Services' telling me that my vehicles factory warranty will expire soon. Guess nobody told them that my vehicle is thirty years old and the factory warranty probably expired in 1983.

Jeffery you send the info card envelope back to them and tell them you are interested and tell them your van is over thirty years old LOL LOL LOL LOL specially if it is postage free.

Jeffery you send the info card envelope back to them and tell them you are interested and tell them your van is over thirty years old LOL LOL LOL LOL specially if it is postage free.
Even better! It's an 800 number!

We got some rain this morning, just a shower, followed by some drizzle. Got the laundry done. Drizzle stopped so I went to get the mowing done. Tie rod on the tractor broke. Murphy is alive and well.

Even better! It's an 800 number!
I have done that before, and gotten the person on the other end of the phone really excited about making a "sale". I lead them through all the preliminaries, then I drop the bomb on them when they ask for the vehicle info. They seem to get pissed about me wasting their time, until I remind them they contacted me telling me my warranty was about to expire. usually they'll admit at that point it's a mass mailing.
Tie rod on the tractor broke. Murphy is alive and well.
Usually, when something like that breaks on me, I'll be in the middle of the road, on a blind curve, just over the crest of a hill. And then it will start to rain...:rolleyes:

Any of you that get email from me on a regular basis may get some spam that says it's from me. It isn't, obviously. Looks like yahoo got hacked, and my address book was compromised. About all I can do is change my password for the umpteenth time, and possibly delete my contact list from yahoo, and, of course, respond to a hundred emails wanting to know WTF I'm doing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's 76° and cloudy. The high will be 86 (yeah, right) and it will be mostly cloudy with a 20% chance of showers this morning and a 20% chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

Today I'll go down and look at the tractor to determine what parts I'll need to fix it. Hopefully just the right tie rod end. If the weather permits I'll use the little Yardman rider mower to mow the yard.

Good morning folks.

Cloudy and cool today. Surprise, surprise! At least it's not raining.

I'm having a nice, relaxing start to my Birthday. I'm 33 years old today! Nothing special planned, I just refuse to do anything I don't feel like doing.:D We're going out for prime rib tonight and that's about it for festivities.

I took a break from crops today to flock some trees. There was an area by the large mill that I was going to add another building. Now I think I'll add trees instead. I've decided that what I don't like about my Mankato area is the lack of greenery so far. Granted, this area is industrial by nature, but it runs right along the Minnesota river. As you look around Mankato, one thing that will dominate your view is trees, no matter where you are. Of course, now I'll need to buy another box of trees!:eek: My wife is going to love that!:D

It's time to plant trees.
Have a good day folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back