Coffee Shop XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all!!

Not sure if you've seen the news, we had a 6.3 mag earthquake last Tuesday, only around 1km deep and a few kms from the CBD, looks like around 1/3 of the buildings will have be demo'd.

My family and home are all good, the east side of town was hardest hit.

So just thought I'd say Hi.

Cheers, Ken
Hi Ken. Glad to hear at least one bit of good news from Christchurch. Take care and all the best.

I got a Bucket-O-Crap and you left your car outside!;) At least if I'm inside you can keep a careful eye on me! If not.... your car could... let's say, get a very Crappy wax job!:D:p;)
I don't think anybody around my apartment could tell the difference...:rolleyes: Now, if it was slammed to the ground, had 24" chrome wheels, and a $10,000 paint job, the neighbors might glance at it...

I don't think anybody around my apartment could tell the difference...:rolleyes: Now, if it was slammed to the ground, had 24" chrome wheels, and a $10,000 paint job, the neighbors might glance at it...

Terry, I can picture you going, GHETTO!:D:p

u'D bEE pIMp'iN!! Just make sure you hang on to your Food stamp card and don't sell it 25 cents to the dollar!;):p:rolleyes:

Terry, I can picture you going, GHETTO!:D:p

u'D bEE pIMp'iN!! Just make sure you hang on to your Food stamp card and don't sell it 25 cents to the dollar!;):p:rolleyes:
I think they call them snap cards now... 3 weeks and counting until we move elsewhere...

Hope to stay back

For some reason I forgot about this forum and the valuable discussions that take place here. :confused: Anyway, I hope to stay back and maybe even contribute once in awhile. ;)

Ken, we've been getting regular updates on the events in Christchurch. Glad to see that you and your fanily are ok.

Roy

I see most are doing well. I'm looking forward to getting started on the scenery for my layout. Thanks to the contributions of others I have ballast, turf of all kinds, trees, scenic details, some very classy looking billboards with the road names and logos of the members who contributed them. Now as to something I want to get done is to find a pair of pruning clippers and heavily prune the limbs of one of my mother's pear trees. They stick out into her old driveway. I'm the only one who uses that driveway now and those limbs are doing a job on the side of my van. I just wonder what would be better. A straight cut or an angled cut? I've never been much on gardening. The closest I ever got to that was a lawn care service I ran in the 80's.

I see most are doing well. I'm looking forward to getting started on the scenery for my layout. Thanks to the contributions of others I have ballast, turf of all kinds, trees, scenic details, some very classy looking billboards with the road names and logos of the members who contributed them. Now as to something I want to get done is to find a pair of pruning clippers and heavily prune the limbs of one of my mother's pear trees. They stick out into her old driveway. I'm the only one who uses that driveway now and those limbs are doing a job on the side of my van. I just wonder what would be better. A straight cut or an angled cut? I've never been much on gardening. The closest I ever got to that was a lawn care service I ran in the 80's.

I prefer the dead straight cut of a chain saw myself,,,,,but thats just me!:D
poulan-pro-chain-saw-46cc-20in-model-pp4620avx.jpg

Got me one of these a few years back, its a little monster!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rex. It looks like we will be in your area sometime in the after June 19th. The family reunion will be in Selma June 25th and 26th. If any particular day/days work best for you let me know. Glendia is not thrilled about this part of the trip, she keeps asking me what am I going to do and I tell enjoy the ride and the camaraderie of some good people. She looks at me strangely, nothing unusual there, and rolls her eyes. Is there any shopping malls or something I can have for her to do?
Larry: I'm sure we can find a good day that will be best for both of us and maybe get Grandman (Eric) and Cjcrescent (Carey) over as well. Depending on the day set, my wife may be off work (or can get off) and could entertain/shop/tour with Glendia.

HI KEN! Steve had reported that you and yours made out ok. That had to be a terrifying experience. Unlike other parts of the world, I know NZ will quickly pickup the pieces and be even better than before. Still a shame that so much old was destroyed and never be the same.

Sounds like fun. :cool:

We now have someone famous in our midst!!!:D

All bow down to Eric the First!!!!
:D:rolleyes:

This morning,(Sat) on NPR's Weekend Edition! He gave a brief synopsis on the history of iron mining in and around Birmingham. He showed the reporter some of his "haunts" on Red Mountain here.

Good Job there Eric!

So your going gypsy now? No Moss grows under your feet huh?

We were gypsies... had to live in our travel trailer for 18 months. Then a couple of apartments, now into a house... With any luck, maybe we'll be able to buy this one.
My wife is currently sitting in her car, leaning on the horn, and on the phone with the apartment management. Somebody parked a car directly behind hers so she can't get out of her parking space. She's a nurse, and has to be at work, NOW, with no excuses. This is one more reason we're moving.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were gypsies... had to live in our travel trailer for 18 months. Then a couple of apartments, now into a house... With any luck, maybe we'll be able to buy this one.
My wife is currently sitting in her car, leaning on the horn, and on the phone with the apartment management. Somebody parked a car directly behind hers so she can't get out of her parking space. She's a nurse, and has to be at work, NOW, with no excuses. This is one more reason we're moving.

Had that happen to me once at my old apartment. The apartment manager simply said "what do you want me to do about it?"
I told her, "fine, I'll handle it"!
I went over the curbing with my 4wd truck, kicked the truck a little sideways and did a 4 wheel burnout across the front lawn. :eek: The commotion brought the "offender" out of the woodwork! Funny thing, it was one of the complex maintainance guys, who was just too lazy to carry a box of lightbulbs and a 6 ft aluminum step ladder an extra 50 ft. He swore he was gonna report me, til I told him that I could do the same.:eek: Never heard another word about it!

I had one of those guys who decided he would park his Jeep Wrangler wherever it would cause me the most heartburn. After three weeks of his abuse I got together a bunch of big guys I knew. I don't know how they did it but they loaded up his Jeep, took it a couple of miles down the road and stood it vertical on it's front bumper between two pine trees. He came to see me about it and I assured him that I hadn't laid a finger on it but if he continued to block me in it would disappear forever. I never had another problem with that A-hole.

Just think if'n that u still had your HD2500!:D Your wife could just move the @$$ car fer him! Remember my Apartment!:rolleyes: With the Russian Landlord:eek:! LOL's I gave that guy hell for the year I lived there! Them were the days........:p

Just think if'n that u still had your HD2500!:D Your wife could just move the @$$ car fer him! Remember my Apartment!:rolleyes: With the Russian Landlord:eek:! LOL's I gave that guy hell for the year I lived there! Them were the days........:p

I do still own it, but I left my log chain at work. Also, remember we are the only ones of our ethnic persuasion left in our building. I really don't want to have my truck and car covered with graffiti...
And yes, I remember "Gorby":D Glavunovic, or however you spell it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back