Coffee Shop XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning all from Snowy Coarsegold,
Ya, even at my location of 1875' in elevation we got a little, probably where Alan G. is at he even got a considerable amount more as he's much closer to the higher mountains and considerable higher himself. Nice to meet another modeler and forum member close by.

Fortunately yesterday when it was halfway decent I got up on the roof and did a bit more patching of places that looked bad which was a good thing.

So it's a cold day here and a good day to do some railroading. Actually I have several switches to build, 9 to be precise, and that is probably what I'll start doing to keep the progress going as it's been static too long other than doing some running from the lower section to upper section where I need to apply power to two switches and a short section leading into Horseshoe Medow Depot area. Some of the switches are to continue the upper mainline on toward a second passing siding and then on to the first mine switch of the South part of Amalgamate Hill.

Take care and have a good day.

Thats right on the web page!
But you're right, it's kinda goofy that they didn't include it on the flier. Someone who is not native to the area, or doesn't have access to the web might as well have a blindfold on!:eek:
Karl, my internet has been spotty the last couple of days, to say the least. It was easier to just call the city for the address than reset the modem, reset the router, refresh a web page, reset the modem, reset the router, go to a new web page, etc, etc, and etc... And of course, my iPhone was almost useless for searching. Every time I tried to find something on the city's website, it was presented in Flash, which is not supported on my phone.
I did find the place, after my GPS refused to direct me to the address. So, finding the address was also almost useless. In the tradition of Murphy, I turned left when I got to Reynolds, and drove all the way to the end without finding the place. No addresses on any building on that road, either. Not a one. I did find what looks like the corporate office for RJ Reynolds, though. It's amazing what the sale of a few billion cigarettes will pay for :rolleyes:...
I had to turn around, and found the place where the show was held--at the other end of the road. I did get there, and found a few bargains. Time Warner came by and installed a new modem/wireless router while I was on my quest, and it seems to be working well, so far. We'll see.

Time Warner came by and installed a new modem/wireless router while I was on my quest, and it seems to be working well, so far. We'll see.

I have time warner too, and mine is a joke also. I have my own wireless router instead of theirs and it works a whole lot better. Good luck with yours!!!

I have time warner too, and mine is a joke also. I have my own wireless router instead of theirs and it works a whole lot better. Good luck with yours!!!
I've had my own wireless router from the beginning, and there have always been "issues", with TW blaming the router for all problems. Now, it's all 100% theirs, we'll see what the problem is next time there's a problem. That, and I got tired of buying a new wireless router every 60-75 days.

I've had my own wireless router from the beginning, and there have always been "issues", with TW blaming the router for all problems. Now, it's all 100% theirs, we'll see what the problem is next time there's a problem. That, and I got tired of buying a new wireless router every 60-75 days.

mmmmm--we have had the same router/modem combo for at least 4 years now. No problems here. We're with Rogers:rolleyes::)

The only time we have issues is when some bugger screws up their cable line by digging it up--:mad: and that only happened two times:p

Good morning folks

It was 44 F as I left the house this morning. High today will be 59 F.

Sunday was laid back. My daughter’s Venturing Crew had their first outing; a bowling and pizza afternoon. My son tagged along with them. While the kids were at that my wife and I did a little Christmas shopping. Afterwards we did some leaf raking. We then hit the malls again. This time we went with my daughter as she wanted to do some Christmas shopping (with her own money).

I am still adding programs and stuff back onto the computer. Just when I think I am done I find another one that has to go back on.

Tonight my son has his Boy Scout Troop meeting.

I hope everybody has a good day.

11/22/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

:eek:

Showers this morning then remaining overcast and windy during the afternoon hours. Near record high temperatures. High 69F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 30%. 63 degrees present temperature.

I did some work on my railroad last night. I am still working on exactly how and where my ceramic houses will be, but I will be able to figure it out better once I've gotten it upstairs. I'm glad I made the deck out of 7/16 OSB. That will take some of the weight off of it. I was originally going to use 1/2 in plywood, but I don't need for it to take the weight of my fat butt since it will be a full walkaround once I get done.:D

For those interested, I managed to enhance my grandfatherly image yesterday with lots of "Junior Engineers". I also managed to retain my "dirty old man" status, instead of escalating into a "letcher" category.

There are some darling children with "eye candy" mothers and aunts interested in model trains!
I had a very pleasant time!!:eek:

Y'all have a great Monday!

Todd being married has nutin to do wid it. My wife told me I can look all I want but no touchy feely.

Good Morning form Central Cal,
It was cold this morning at about 36* but at least we have a little Sun. It snowed Sat night but only lightly.

Micky, glad to hear you maintained the good status of D.O.Man, must have been interesting. If you got any spare #'s you know where you can send them, Ok?? Glad to know you helped promote the RR hobby.

Jeffery, How's it going for you, did I read that your redoing your layout?

Be kind to the poor Ho Bo's as they need to keep moving around looking for work!

Jeffery, How's it going for you, did I read that your redoing your layout?
You read right. I cut out a section to make it into a walk-in style as I'm having more and more trouble getting under the layout to get to an access hole. I've relaid the track accordingly. The new plan did away with the inside oval which didn't offer much as it was just an - oval. The length of the run on the main line has been increased by quite a bit. I still have to solder the joints on the new track. There's only one access hole now and it's easy to get to from the walk-in area. Here's a rough plan of the new track plan. A few minor changes have already been made, just the addition of a couple of short dead-end spurs and a longer spur going to an engine house.

trackplan-2-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
mmmmm--we have had the same router/modem combo for at least 4 years now. No problems here. We're with Rogers:rolleyes::)
I think part of it is this apartment we live in. We've had two small electrical fires since we've been here, the wiring throughout the building is aluminum (yikes!), and nearly everything is on surge protectors. Even the imitation fireplace I don't dare use because of the electrical issues.

For those interested, I managed to enhance my grandfatherly image yesterday with lots of "Junior Engineers". I also managed to retain my "dirty old man" status, instead of escalating into a "letcher" category.

There are some darling children with "eye candy" mothers and aunts interested in model trains!
I had a very pleasant time!!:eek:

Y'all have a great Monday!

Your, "Dirty Ol' Man Card" is still yours!;) YOUR THE MAN!:D

I think part of it is this apartment we live in. We've had two small electrical fires since we've been here, the wiring throughout the building is aluminum (yikes!), and nearly everything is on surge protectors. Even the imitation fireplace I don't dare use because of the electrical issues.
:eek::eek: We used to live in an apartment building that had aluminum wiring--that stuff is hazardous!!:eek::eek:

I had to do some last minute shuffling of some clients to a long term care facility last night--so I did not get off until 6am this morning.

Now I am off to sleep---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back