Coffee Shop XLI-2/23/2014

Happy St. Patty's day to all ye lads & lassies!!

Toot, why pfffft?

5 inches of snow this morning, work on a 3 hour delay, so I get a little break :rolleyes:
Saturday was my 6th 11 hour day in a row, 13th out of the last 14 days, and I spent Sunday chipping up branches from the ice storm a few weeks back. Still have the back yard to do, but at least the front and sides are done. Can't wait to go back to a normal schedule,,,,maybe in 2 weeks.

While we were cleaning up I notices a leak under the truck...brake fluid!:eek: I was going to send it for a new tranny a few weeks back, but then the ignition system failed. I've got the parts now, but need time.....now the steel brake line in the back has rusted out...gotta fix that now..:( what a pain!!!

While we were cleaning up I notices a leak under the truck...brake fluid!:eek: I was going to send it for a new tranny a few weeks back, but then the ignition system failed. I've got the parts now, but need time.....
now the steel brake line in the back has rusted out...gotta fix that now..:( what a pain!!!

A former neighbor of mine, a Yankee transplant from Boston, had the same problem his second year here. He had driven his old Dodge truck all the way down here, salt rot and all. Once our high humidity got hold of it the thing started falling all to pieces.

Good afternoon. I'm back, albeit temporarily. I am leaving later in the week to go help my sister in law move from one house to another, then off to officiate at the second memorial service for my friend. His widow is safely home, and is dealing with the main funeral. He lived a far piece from here, and the people around here would like to have a life celebration in his honor. So, moving day, funeral, memorial service, all in different states... Oh, did I mention it is sleeting and snowing here? I'm glad I live in the South, where this kind of stuff doesn't ever happen...

Hello guys it's been ages since iv been in here. Hope your all happy and well. Been a roller coaster year for me, i have left the wife (complicated) and moved in with my new partner, iv lost all my space for modelling but im happier now than i have been in ages. My new partner fancies the idea of a garden RR to which is a bonus, my ex hated the hobby.

Keep on modeling guys and gal's

Steve

Hello guys it's been ages since iv been in here. Hope your all happy and well. Been a roller coaster year for me, i have left the wife (complicated) and moved in with my new partner, iv lost all my space for modelling but im happier now than i have been in ages. My new partner fancies the idea of a garden RR to which is a bonus, my ex hated the hobby.

Keep on modeling guys and gal's

Steve

The message to all contemplating marriage should be, Always take your prospective partner along to shows or meetings to gauge their level of interest or disapproval (most important that one) beforehand. (write it into the vows)

Karl, referring back to the pffft, that was me being jealous and wishing I had the computer experience and expertise.

I got a box in the mail today. It came from Colfax North Carolina. It had two rolls of an adhesive backed material in it. White on the facing side, gray on the adhesive side. I took it outside and applied half of it to the most badly damaged area and on a suspicious area of the bottom of the window that looks like it might have a split seam. I still have one roll left. I'll look for a place to apply it out there on a warmer day. Today there was a frigid 20mph wind coming off the lake and I was freezing my butt off out there.

Played a game of Starfleet1 on the //e this evening. I lost at the last moment. I needed 25 enemy ships, I had 24. I was lining up #25 for a torpedo shot when a cloaked ship showed up and they both hit me right then and blew my shields away and destroyed my ship! Boy, that sucked rotten eggs!

The low tonight will be 40 and it'll be mostly clear. The wind will shift from north to south after midnight.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010533.jpg

DSCN3463.jpg

Havin a heat wave!! 39° today, 60 by the weekend! Woo Hoo!:rolleyes: Of course with that comes rain, so I's still going to be stuck inside:( At least its now sn*w.

caeb345313ef60478a3e149fec6fd3d8.jpg
:rolleyes:

Good morning. It's 39° with 98% humidity. The high will be 68° with bright sunshine.
condsunny-1.jpg

I don't see a single cloud this morning. I do see that bright yellow disk that's making my video screen hard to see. The blinds are closed (as they always are) but the sunlight comes in through the gaps between the blinds.

I have nothing planned for today. I may do some light work outside later.

P1010536.jpg

Havin a heat wave!! 39° today, 60 by the weekend! Woo Hoo!:rolleyes: Of course with that comes rain, so I's still going to be stuck inside:( At least its now sn*w.

:rolleyes:

Ha! Going to 43° today - so they say. Of course, it almost never gets to be as warm or cold as they forecast, for some reason. In any event, I'll take mild any time.

As long as it's wet outside, I will have no problem working on the layout inside.

Joe

Good afternoon. Made it to work through the latest ice storm. Cars and trucks spun out in the ditch, or the guard rails, everywhere.

Pork steak and mash potatoes later ;-) followed by a Hob Gobblin Beer, warm to the only way to drink real ale

Pork steak and mash potatoes later ;-) followed by a Hob Gobblin Beer, warm to the only way to drink real ale

I have heard the English have learned to prefer warm beer ever since Lucas began building refrigerators.

Back