Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic

Morning Has Broken ! Yes it has finally stopped raining for the moment ! haven't been around for a few days . Been too busy working on my "ARK" . We've had enough rain to last a year in the past few days . Well seriously I have been busy and it has been raining . We picked up our "Brandy's Ashes" at the Vets. My wife's girlfriend's dog got sick with an auto-immune illness so wife has been staying with her and we adopted a new little friend for the daughter and I think me also if she lets me at him . It was too quiet around here so we have adopted a 1 year old beagle and his name is Buddy . My daughter renamed him that and he is a pistol . Well have to get going and get the place puppy proof so hope you all have a nice day !!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
YEA! It's raining here also...all morning. The pups have been outside wrestling and chasing each other the whole time. We take them to the Vet for their checkups later this afternoon; I better get them dried before the wife gets home or I will be in big trouble.

Paul: :) I LOVE BEAGLES! They are great little dogs that make good lovable pals. Keep in mind that they are diggers and sometimes "H" to keep in a fence if they want to investigate a new scent. I used to have some as rabbit dogs when I was a boy in Kentucky. They would actually climb over the 4 foot fence and after fixing that, they started digging under it.:D I'm happy for you:) !

Somehow, I have that joke about "someone said to get along little doggy, so I got a Dachshund" in my head!:p

I hope you guys with new buddies are looking forward to getting new furniture as well!

I finished painting my bench work today! Well, almost, I need to cut, paint, and fasten my backdrop supports. That will be done some time this week.

Have a nice day!

evening everyone.

WEATHER
It be raining here too, Started around oneish and just let up some! From the radar looks like we might get a little more( http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/Weather/Radar?pageId=9.5 ) We're under the "R" in the word Brooksville.

LOCAL NEWS
Boat in the road in Clearwater
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=5&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

TECO plans rate hike:mad: :mad: :mad: Freakin Great!:mad:
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

When it rains, snakes slither
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE

Started to rain here now, My once clean truck now looks messy:( One day I will invest in mud flaps, those 305/70/17's do kick up the road muck! and looks to be more rain comming:) Just another day at the park, mowed base ball fields at the other park today got finished just as the rain was arriving! "GOOD I didn't want to mow any more any ways!"

Jess, I live in Florida and the wild life here is every where. Some of it will KILL and EAT YOU! Which help's keep the STUPID people population down some;) :rolleyes: I like the people who must stop in traffic to help a turtle cross the street and get bit or craped on or hit by on comming traffic them selves along with the animal they were trying to save for their efforts!LOL

"LEAVE WILD LIFE ALONE! They can help them selves, if left a lone!" That's my PBA for today:D

Paul, Dig proof the fence! Love that dog, looks like a real live wire!:D

Jeff,
IT BE RAINING HERE TOO!
LOL's Hope you get all your rain quotas met!:)

With all the wild life talk I'm getting hungry, let's get the dinner menu up!

RoadkillMenuIII.png

RoadkillMenuIIIB.png

Hi gang,

Greetings from rainy Pell City, AL. (See that, 'Bama boys - I promised I'd bring some of that Maryland-style rain down with me!;) ) Mapquest predicted that the total drive time would be 12 hours. But with 4 females in the car [including my 87yr-old MIL], the rest stops were numerous and lengthy. We left at 6:30am and arrived at 11:30pm EDT. Slept until 10:30 this morning.

Today we took the kids to the McWane Center in Birmingham. Tried to find the Wrecking Crew's layout, but it must have been dismantled - all I saw was 6x4 N scale table layout and a G scale setup, oh well. Wednesday I'll spend the whole day railfanning around the B'ham area with the Grande Man and LGM; visiting Rex on Thursday, and Jim on Friday. It's great to actually have a chance to meet [in person] some of the fine folks I've met on this forum!

Paul, glad you got the new pup. Beagles are a great breed!

Gotta run, supper's on the table...

Ken.........Welcome to the great state of Alabama. I hope you enjoy your visit here.

Rex, are you ready for some Alabama football? I know I am. ROLL TIDE.

Stan.

Well, I promised some folks that I'd get my pics of the Indiana Fair Train up. I shot them yesterday, but I was beat so I didn't get them up (that, and I lost my internet connection). I got some great exterior shots of NKP Business car No. 1, including the underframe area! Anyways, here they are! Rather then posting a bunch of pics, I'll just give you all the link to the online album.

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Prototype Train Photos/Fair Train 2008/

Ken.........Welcome to the great state of Alabama. I hope you enjoy your visit here.

Rex, are you ready for some Alabama football? I know I am. ROLL TIDE.

Stan.

Stan I have been ready since January:D :D . The game with Clemson should be a dandy.

Got the pups to the Vet and back. They did real good after getting used to the people and other cats and dogs. Of course, they were the stars of it all...everyone loves a puppy...of any kind;) :) . Ray, a young man brought his cat in and it had to be the prettiest cat I've seen. It was like a Persian, big, long light gray/white fur, and had bluish looking eyes. He named it Gentleman Jones because all of the women ou and ah about it so much. (a cat like that would be handy to have around...uh...if you're young and interested in that sort of thing :D )

10:10 PM and it is Still Raining! We have had 1.82" in a slow steady rain. GREAT!

Just checking in quick. Glad to see you made it down OK, Ken, and looking forward to meeting you Friday, although you're going to be in for a letdown after seeing Rex's layout. :)

Paul, cute beagle. Having two kittens right now is about as much as I can take.

It's 2:10 am here and it's still raining. Looks like it's already cleared T-Town but we may get a few more hours yet. We've had 1.90 inches since yesterday noon and it's the most rain in that period of time since I've been here. It;s a really strange storm, just a nice steady rain, like Rex said. This is what we usually get in the winter. Summer storms are usu0ually isolated thunderstorms with no rain for those outside the scattered cells. I think almost everyone in the state got some rain today. I'll take it any way we can get at this point. We should have over 2 inches by daylight and that's more than we've had for all of July and August so far.

Good morning.

The temp is 75 and it's mostly cloudy. The high today is expected to be around 90 and it will still be mostly cloudy.

Yesterday was great! We good quite a bit of rain. One inch in the morning follow by another half an inch in the evening. My parents grass is going to go absolutely nuts! Which is a good thing, because I get $20 every time I cut it. It's not much but when your total monthly income is under $700, you take what you can get.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/13/2008

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 71°F

So Far Today
High: 79°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NE

Today High: 92 Mostly cloudy early in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 90s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. East winds around 5 mph in the evening becoming south after midnight.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/railfan007/rf9-24-07/P9220008.jpg

Good morning folks

It was 71 F and you can feel the humidity increasing slightly this morning. High today will be 86 F

I did not have a chance to post yesterday. It was one of those days. I got to work late thanks to a couple of yahoos who weren’t paying attention and rear ended a couple of cars causing a huge traffic mess. Once I got in I had to go to a meeting. I had to leave that meeting early to go on field view to take a look at a critical bridge project. Replacing the bridge superstructure is easy except we can’t detour the road. Despite having 64 feet of road we still may not have enough room to do the bridge in half-widths. Constructability issues can a big thorn in a designer side at times.

No modeling last night. The other night my son may have came up with a solution to the layout of the power plant and the yard. He suggested placing the building in a different location than I was planning to do. Since my way did not seem to be working out I had avoided working on this part of the layout. Now I have some renewed interest.

Today will be a short day as I have to leave early because I have to take the kids to the pediatricians.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin' Jim!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Philip!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Tom!

Went to Calling Hours for the Father of a close friend and colleague last night. Died after a long battle with cancer. His son is an instrumental music teacher here in Geneva (our rooms were next to each other). I last saw his Dad at the Middle School Band concert last Spring. He was doing fairly well at the time. A MR buddy (another former music teacher) and I went out after paying our respects and held an Irish Wake for him......... Didn't really amount to much as both of us had to drive home and didn't fancy a chat with the local law enforcement...... Just a glass of Killian's Red. While we were at the bar, I ran into about 15 teachers from the Middle School that I know and taught with way back when who were having a send off party for an English teacher that has been doing the Middle School Play for the last few years. He is leaving Geneva to move to Florida (to teach I presume). Anyway, I slept in this morning to recover from a busy day yesterday.........

Glad to see you Southern Boys are finally getting a good soaking rain down there. It is 72°F here in the Finger Lakes with a predicted high of 75°. Isolated Thunderstorms possible this afternoon. Other than that it is partly.....

I have to finish getting everything ready and together for a presentation on soldering I am doing at the local hobby store here in Geneva this Saturday.

Have a great day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon, everyone.

Phillip, nice shots of that fair train, especially the NKP1. She's a beauty and on my list of future projects. That MOW picture brings up a question - are those telegraph/signal line poles still in use? Some of them look like they are on their last legs.

Ray, sorry to hear about another passing but it sounds like you were able to get together with some old friends. Seems like the only time we see folks like that is at funerals now. :(

Tom, you should have seen all the wrecks down here. It's been so long since it rained I think everyone forgot how to drive in the stuff. It took us about 2 hours to get home from a doctor's appointment in Montgomery, a distance of about 25 miles.

Jeffrey, I hope that grass keeps growing.

Rex and Stan, I keep hearing predictions of 11-2 for the the Tide this year. I don't think they're that good yet but it should be a good season. My oldest is going to Troy this year and they are scheduled to play Ohio State this year! I can't imagine how that match up was arranged but the slaughter should be pretty gruesome.

Steve, if you just sell that R/C tank, you'll have enough for a plane ticket over here. :)

Rain lasted here until about 4 am and we got 2.22 inches total. The plants look like they're in shock from actually being wet. :) Nice storm for us in August - no tornados, severe storms, or hail, just a nice steady rain. Looks like all the rain is now down in the Florida Panhandle, which can use it as much as we can. I need to get down to the layout and clean up so Ken won't think I'm a total slob. I was just going through all the stuff I bought from e-bay last year and found an NKP SW8 and GP-7 that I had forgotten all about. Two more locomotives that will need DCC but at least it's two more locomotives I don't have to buy. :)

Phillip, .......That MOW picture brings up a question - are those telegraph/signal line poles still in use? Some of them look like they are on their last legs.

No, they don't use them. Honestly, with the price of copper these days and the collector value of those glass insulators, I'm surprised they're still there! They could make killer money by salvaging that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back