Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillip Along with all of the MOW equipment they are going to redo most of the grade crossings. At 38th St, just west of Business 9, in Anderson they are doing that one now and have cut at all of the crossing to the prison complex. I do not know how much farther south they are going to redo but most of them are in need repair.

Good morning. If you're wondering why I haven't been around much it's because I've been busy (and still am) burning DVD's. It seems I have this big collection of Star Trek Enterprise DVD's that I would love to watch. Problem is they're all recorded in the PAL (a color TV standard with a picture frequency of 50 fields per second (625 line, 50 hertz), and sporting a better color picture than NTSC.) encoding standard which is incompatible with my NTSC (525 lines per frame at 30 frames per second) equipment. So what I'm having to do is translate the PAL format into NTSC and make a usable copy, for my private use of course. How this is done is quite technical in nature and would be a sure cure for insomnia should I explain it. Suffice it to say that I have a bunch of useless masters that I'm making into usable duplicates. This will add greatly to my growing Star Trek video collection. I have all the movies and the complete original series. I also some of the DS9 and Voyager series. I don't care much for the Next Generation series.

Afternoon all,,, The New loco Tornado is limited to 90mph for now, thats after several thousand miles intensive running in trials, how exciting thats going to be, maybe in a year it'll be passed for 100mph.

Good Evening All
Top me up please

Afternoon all
Fergie not moved as yet,,, don't ask why,,,,,, women, BUT we have just got accepted and the wifes now got her license to work in NZ which is something ,,, but we have to sell the house and thats the pain in the backside you could say,

Steve: Nuff said! It's a big thing you are doing especially as you are leaving family behind. Canada is screaming for nurses. (they tried to recruit me when Dad was sick so things must be desperate:D) Anyway watched your links on the new Loco. Dad would have loved them! Very impressive thanks for sharing.

Getty: could be worse... Could be snow~!:cool: Weather has been in the 70s the last few days. And I hate to say it but it feels like September:( West Nile reports have been very few here. We however got invaded by about 8 Blue Jays tonight. Love them Jays!!!

Ken and Ray: I'm buy'n as I musta hurt Rays feel'ns the other day as he hasn't said a word to me since.

Later All
Fergie

Good Evening All
Top me up please

Ken and Ray: I'm buy'n as I musta hurt Rays feel'ns the other day as he hasn't said a word to me since.

Later All
Fergie

Heeeeeey Fergie! You're bill is already taken care of sir! I gave Flo strict orders...... So how's the MESS coming? How about some pics? Bet your lawn and garden are lookin' good right about now. Mine needs mowing..... But what else is new. I am being inundated with Zucchini from the vegetable garden. Hey Flo, how about making some zucchini bread for breakfast?

I have been trying to get the scenery on part of the SLO&W finished for the Scenery AP Certificate judging. I keep thinking of stuff that needs to be done before I have the layout judged. Right now the list has 8 major "to dos" on it and is growing faster than I can complete them. Oh well, at least that part of the layout is starting to look good to me.

08-08-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

Good morning.

It's 80 and clear. The high should be around 90 an d there's a good chance of thunderstorms later.

I'm still tied up burning DVD's. I have one more season to go. That's fourteen duplicates. Wonder if I can get them all done today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/8/2008

Heat Index: 88°F
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 74°F

So Far Today
High: 82°F
Low: 80°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph WSW

Today High: 92 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Northwest winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. East winds around 5 mph in the evening shifting to the southwest after midnight.

Good morning folks

It was a bright and pleasant 66 F as I headed in this morning. Our high today will be 83 F.

Last night my son got his football pads and tonight they start hitting. This is usually when they have a lot of kids quit. My son has been actually wanting to get his pads all week. It should be interesting. One thing that has been interesting is his team joined another league. This league is stricter than their old league. There have been some coaching changes already since a couple of coaches would not follow some of the new rules. We are hoping that the new rules stop some of the roster moving that a couple of coaches used to do where certain boys were moved from team to team. One great new rule is the no smoking at games or practices. While I am not a radical anti-smoker, I just do not think it is appropriate around kids and especially at youth sporting events.

No modeling last night.

We have to do the grocery shopping this weekend. We have the 50th birthday party that I thought was last week on Saturday.

I am hoping to run some trains over the weekend. I would also like to figure out what project or projects I am going to start next.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good Morning ! Bill , Jeffrey & Tom from rain soaked Buffalo . More rain today just what we need . Oh well don't have to cut the grass at least . More time to work on trains . Have to go get my coffee so hope you all have a nice day !!!!!! Oh Yes . Seems like I have a skunk that has set up shop bebind my garage . Does anynoe know a good permanent way to get rid of skunks ?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' everyone!

Flo I have some Dark Roast coffee and a couple slices of that fresh baked zucchini bread if Fergie didn't eat it all.

A very cool morning for August here in the Finger Lakes. Currently 64°F and the high won't even reach 70°. Rain showers this morning with a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. I may go up to Canandaigua to the Hysterical Society this afternoon to see if I can find any information on an old grain elevator I plan on scratchbuilding. Harold Russell is drawing the building for me and needs some early photos if they exist. The rest of the day I plan to hide in the basement and work on the layout.

Paul I would contact animal control and let them take care of it. The smell goes away after a few years.................:rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Good Morning to all from Coarsegold, Ca.,
It's a comfortable 62* here in the foothills and the high today is supposed to be 94*.

Say Ray & Paul and you guys sure are getting the rain in NY alright and it seems no let-up in sight either, that's actually my birthplace [LI] and have a cousin in Queens.

Say Ray ever try Zucchini mixed in with eggs and some cheese, yummy!

Have a good day!

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10405&stc=1&d=1218208663

Good Morning to all from Coarsegold, Ca.,

Say Ray ever try Zucchini mixed in with eggs and some cheese, yummy!

Have a good day!

I'll see if Flo will put it on the menu...... I have a great recipe for a zucchini/cheese bake.

Hey guys I have a few recipes for Zuccini . By the time summer is over I'm Zuccinied out !!!!!!!!!!!

Jeffrey we would gladly send some of our rain your way if we could. The average rainfall here for the month of August is 3.22". In the first week of August we have already had 2.31". I bet we will get more than an inch today........... The rain seems to be forming over Lake Ontario and heading South East right over the Finger Lakes today. So to speak "Lake Effect" rain.

Morning, everyone.

Back from Destin, a little redder and a a little poorer. :) We had a good time although it was really hot and humid. The tropical storm stirred up the rip currents for the first two days and then we got the attack of the jellyfish so didn't get in any snorkeling. :( I did get to teach my daughter how to snorkel in the pool. They had so offshore snorkel trips but neither she nor the wife are ready for that yet.

We went to a water park the first day. Stayed about four hours and managed to ride down all the giant pipes. Daughter didn't where any sunscreen because she "always tans and never burns". She is now my Alabama lobster. Went to several overpriced tourist trap restaurants and a few good ones. The girls just about got heat exhaustion spending eight hours at the outdoor outlet mall. I went to Eglin AFB to see the Air Force Armaments Museum. It was really much more than that. with a terrific aircraft exhibit and just about every weapon ever mounted on an an Air Force plane. Very well done and it was free, which was the only thing free in Florida. :D Took a sunset cruise on the Gulf the next day and saw a few dolphins and a LOT of condominiums. When that place takes a hit from a big hurricane, it's going to be really bad.

Went to the Gulf Aquarium yesterday before the drive home. It's more a performing animal type place than an aquarium but the girls liked the cute dolphins and such. Had thunderstorms on the way home, which was a welcome relief from the heat.

Stopped in Georgianna, Alabama on our way back. This is the boyhood home of Hank Williams, who was a friend of my wife's late father. Too late to see the museum but I did spy some railroad tracks and black engines I'd never seen before. It's the Three Notch Railroad, one of the Gulf and Ohio shortlines. I have no idea where they came up with that name. It's part of the old Alabama and Florida that ran from the L&N in Georgianna to Port St. Joe in Florida. The CSX (ex L&N) still runs through town and the Three Notch RR interchanges there and then covers 34 miles southeast to Andalusia. The property is in bad shape. There are two GP-38's (ex-SOU) that were repainted into the standard M&O black but they are really in bad shape. There's so much diesel fuel leak from the tanks that they have big absorbent pads underneath the engines. There was another patched out GP-38 that obviously hasn't moved for a long time since the Kudzu has started growing up around it. There were also three UP SD-40's on the property that I guess are being held for rebuilding but are slowly deteriorating. I'll post some pictures in the Prototype section. Looks like Southern shortline railroading at its poverty-stricken worse.

Way too many posts to keep up with but it sounds like things are going reasonably well for everyone. Jeffrey, I have no idea how you can remaster all those DVD's. You must really like Star Trek. :D I guess you guys up north are still getting soaked. We had .35 inches of rain yesterday from a passing storm, which is the first rain we've had this month. Looks like TS Eduardo behaved itself and went off into Texas and gave them some much needed rain. Nothing else happening in our side of the tropics so the drought continues. But, we had a nice vacation, so no complaints. I hope you all have a good day.

Paul High velocity lead works quite well on vermin, at least you can keep out of the skunks firing line that way, Amazingly a skunk was on the loose just up the road from me last week,,, yes a skunk in England,,, anyway turns out it had it's smelly gland removed as a baby so could only pretend to spray, it turned up in a shed safe and well much to the owners relief.

Some local boy scouts were in a bad crash in canada, lucky no one died as there coach hit a truck in Ontario.

Life is TOUGH at times,,, tomorrow we have got Four steam hauled specials passing through,,, two of which are scheduled to pass in opposite directions right near our house :) :) :) which will be quite good,,, bloody fantastic more like, and also two diesel hauled specials with heritage power up front. Sunday see's just one steam special but with four different locos called with the train tour name of "Four guinney special" this is a re run of the very last ever steam hauled train in 1968,,, and get this, THREE of the locos are the same as in 68 :eek: :D

evening everyone!

WEATHER

Hot, Humid, and Moist! Yes, I said MOIST! We got some rain here and there, just enought to turn outside in to a steam bath!

LOCAL NEWS

Jim,you ought to like this one!;) :D
Deputy shot; saved by business cards
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=7&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE

It was a hot one at the park today! We had a daycare on site letting the kids run a muck! For fun I turned on the irrigation in senior field for the kids to play in! the well water is 200+' in the ground so it's real cold when it comes out!:D After they left the sky opened up and rain poured down for a hour, just enought to get it humid! Got one yard to mow tomarrow morning, and if it ain't raining I'll take the boy to The river to go swimming!:D

Jim or should i call ya, "Lobster Boy!" Glad to see ya back safe and sound! I feel for ya on the jelly attack(More than likely Moon Jellys)! I like to watch them from a safe distance of a couple of feet away! they are real cool animals to watch, but not get stung by!:p We're going to our local water park after work tomarrow if it don't rain! Next time you go on vacation try our area, your family would love it! Hopefully Weeki Wachee is still open next year, your girls would love the mermaid show and you will too;) :D :rolleyes: :p hint hint!

Steve Your living the good life, keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back