Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That really is what can only be described as Non-Existing trackage, if it weren't for the Hopper car sitting there no-one would even have a clue that there were tracks there! Thanks for the photo.

I wonder if something like that couldn't be done too in modeling?

I think you could, but to make it usable you'd have to clear the flangeways some, and that might diminish the effect. Maybe with low profile flanges and some weeds that kind of move out of the way when brushed by the wheels, then you could hide the flangeways a little maybe. Might be an interesting project.

Good Mornin !!!!The rain has finally stopped for a day .THis is the wettest summer we have had in quite a few years . Have to go meet my son's girlfriends parents today . All I can think of is Meet The Faulkers movie . Which is bad on my part . Should have a real good time. Well have some coffee to get so hope you all have a nice day !!!!! Philip just wondering how fast they take those rails ? Ray mre fun photos and glad to know my tax dollars are being ptu to good use for a change !

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon, everyone.

Steve, that really sucks about your friend getting caught up in this mess. We've had a few similar scandals here. It's obviously a lot cheaper to dump a dead animal than really cremate it and just substitute some fireplace ashes. I hope the police get him good for such shoddy behavior but that won't help your friend get back his investment. Too bad there are people of such low morals all over the world, it seems. :(

Chris, better that they close those bridges and fix them rather than having them collapse like the one in Minnesota. Looks like that low in the Gulf is really cranking up so you should get some good rains. I've already been to Punta Gorda. Nice for diving and fishing but the girls wouldn't get much out of it compared to the giant outlet mall in Destin. :)

Jeffrey, I hope they get your tanker watertight again soon. It's tough to be in a rural fire district with no tanker.

Phillip, glad you made it though another semester of school. Those are some pretty bad looking sidings. I can't even see the tracks the hopper is apparently sitting on.

David, how is the fire that was burning near the entrance to Yosemite? The trouble with those summer thunderstorms in the foothills is that they are usually dry but the lightning starts a whole new round of fires. I like #21 on your list. Probably describes most of us. :)

Howdy, Old 97.

Phillip, have a good attitude about the future in-laws. Some of them can turn out to be OK. :D

While all of you up north are swimming in rain, we are still sitting here and roasting. It's 97 with a dewpoint of 71. Perfect conditions for thunderstorms but they are all down south today. It looks highly doubtful anything will make it this far north...again. :( Oh, well, we are about to enter the best times for tropical storms so maybe we'll get something out of one of those. Sure doesn't see like we're going to get rain any other way.

Jeffrey, I feel your pain. When I was on a VFD, we had one truck which had a 1,000 gal tank, we'd top off before a call, then when we got where we were going, we'd be down to 4 or 5 hundred. Generally I drove the tender, and I'd always have to follow that one and drop a bag next to it right off the bat. They finally fixed it when the fitting completely blew, what a royal pain. :( People don't appreciate that there generally isn't a fire hydrant in rural districts, we spent a lot of time snorkeling the river and one time they snorkeled the guys cistern. Every fire isn't just with battling the blaze, but trying to keep water where it was most needed. My hat's off to you Jeffrey.

Phillip,
I was trying think of something, like corn meal?, that would be easisly pushed aside by the wheel flanges and hopefully flow back against the rails, almost semi liquid without any moisture in it. Of course depending on where you live and the humidity or even out west if you use a swamp cooler it adds a fair amount of moisture to the air that the material could eventually absorbe and possible short out between the rails?

I have used, on my old layout, some very soft synthetic matterial for bushes in between the and close to the rails that looked great and operated Ok and that is probably the best way to go about it as it was soft enough to flex as the engine and cars passed yet would somewhat sprinmg back into shape..

Rex Flo's got a nice big steak ready for ya

did a bit more concrete paving today, got about 90% done with just some odd bits to do.

Anyone for tortilla and hot salsa

I have used, on my old layout, some very soft synthetic matterial for bushes in between the and close to the rails that looked great and operated Ok and that is probably the best way to go about it as it was soft enough to flex as the engine and cars passed yet would somewhat sprinmg back into shape..

I was thinking kind of along the same lines. That something like this might have enough variation and keep the eye busy enough that the flangeways would virtually disappear. You could then have the flangeways lightly scribed in and by cutting up the matt and laying it on the insides and outsides of the rail it might disguise it all. Of course, you'd have to see that none of the grass tufts derail the cars, but other then that, it might work.......ya think?

Howdy from Florida!

WEATHER
WET,WET,WET and WET!:D
My local RADAR: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/Weather/Radar?pageId=9.5
I live west of brooksville so it looks like more rain may be!:D

LOCAL NEWS
Sinkhole closes Tampa intersection
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Fish kill spreads beyond causeway
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE
Just stoped raining just before I got home at 4pm! Gave me time to put sharp blades on the mower and get all the equipment ready for tomarrows mowings. It's been raining around noonish, so I gots to get 4 yards mowed before the rain hits!!! should be fun;)

Steve you get the fixin's also Some Carona's and I'll make taco's with Refried beans and mexican rice on the side!:D My boss at the park is mexican and he gave tons of mexican dish rescipes!

Jim I don't know when you were down here last but you can't turn a corner down here with out running into a mall! Spring Hill is turning into one big mall! This state is geared for shoping!:mad:

New Dinner Menu!
roadkillmenu.png

Uh....thanks Chris :eek: , but I believe that I will take Steve's offer on the steak...USDA or UKDA..., of course.:D
Hmmmm! Maybe the awesome possum wouldn't be too bad.

Evenin' All,

It is flippin' hot here. It got to 104 here today with humidity at around 10%. It is like stepping into a blast furnace when I go outside. The swamp cooler is working like crazy...and we went to town for Mexican food...go figure. Actually I had fajitas and they weren't hot, but pretty tasty.

Steve, that is a terrible thing that happened to your friend and his clients. Why would the crematorium do that?? Isn't it just as expedient to actually cremate the remains and return them? I am not really sure why folks have thier pets cremated, though. However, I did once. I had my first hedgehog cremated. They asked me what I wanted done with him after he died and I had no idea...so I told them to cremate him. $80 to cremate a hedgie that weighed less than 1 pound. And now I have no idea what to do with him. Set him on the mantle....? He is in a box in the closet. Oh well...

David, Loved the list. My favorite..."23. Light travels faster than sound.. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Jim, the South seems to have the BEST outlet malls. We have a few here, but they are not as wonderful as those I have come across in the South.

It looks like I will be spending the next 2 weekends in the mountains. Going to Pikes Peak next weekend for a picnic and a hike and then to Glenwood Springs/Aspen the next weekend to visit friends. Should be fun and most importantly...should be cooler!

Hope you all have a terrific weekend! :D

Sandy

Phillip, that grass matt stuff looks interesting. I'll bet it would work really well for modeling overgrown sidings.

Chris, I sort of figured Punta Gerda had changed too. Drove down to Key West about 5 years ago and there seemed to be a mall at every wide spot in the causeway all the way down. How much junk do tourists buy? A lot, I guess. Looks like things should start drying up a bit by Monday as that offshore low begins to dissipate. BTW, I think there's a restaurant about a mile down the road from me that serves a similar menu but calls it barbecue. :eek:

Rex, I assume you stayed dry up there too. It only went up to 98 though, so I guess I shouldn't complain...but it sure would be nice to get some rain.

Sandy, it's supposed to be 104 in Denver in August! :) At least it's a dry heat. Imagine 98 degrees with 61% humidity. These crooks just take the animals and throw them into the brush or a dumpster and use fireplace or barbecue ashes to fill the urn. Way cheaper than actually cremating each animal and keeping records. We had the same kind of thing happen in California where they were cremating four or five bodies at once to save money and then mixing the ashes and giving them back to the family. Big-time felony and they went to jail for a lot of years over that, not to mention the multi-million dollar lawsuits. I don't know about the South having the best malls but the girls already downloaded the map and have planned their day. If we get there at nine, they figure it will take them until 8 pm to go to all the stores with an hour for lunch. I'd rather poke my eyes out with a fork than go on that shopping expedition. :D Are you going to ride the cog railway to the top of Pike's Peak? We did that and it was way easier to hike down than hike up, especially at that altitude.

Clear and still 78 degrees with no rain in sight. Looks like we are also heading into another heat wave for next week. Good time to go to the beach. The good news for the trip is that the tropics are quiet and there's nothing brewing in the Gulf so, except for the sunburn and the damage to my wallet, it should be a good trip.

Sandy found out some more, they did it to save on gas for the furnace, the customer had two options, No 1, cremation with delivery or collection of the deceased pets ashes from the crematorium, or No 2, cremation with the company spreading the ashes outback, but they just took the pet and dumped it in the outback as no pet owners came with them. My mate and several other franchise owners are basically out of work and are set to lose $40 to $60 thousand dollars because of this crematoriums actions so they are suing them for loss of income and business and a few other things.

Jeffery One on Chris's menu for you, the Awesome Possum Mmmm

Good Morning From FLORIDA!

WEATHER
8 AM 78 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Partly cloudy with some scattered coastal showers.
2 PM 87 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Scattered storms, some strong; moving inland.
10 PM 80 °F Partly Cloudy Partly to mostly cloudy.
40% Chance of rain.
Radar: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/Weather/Radar?pageId=9.5

LOCAL NEWS
Florida officially in recession
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE
"Flo, I want a Potato and Egg Scramble with Coffee and Florida OJ!"

Looks like my son and I are going to race the storms today!:eek: Got 3 yards plus mine if theres time! The equipment is ready and loaded, just got to wait till 8am to start!

Jim, I never been to the Keys or Miami! Everyone thats been there tells me it nice, But the Life style down there isn't for the young!:eek: :eek: The Tourist? What tourist? Locals and newbee Floridians are who support these malls! The Spong Docks in Tarpon Springs is a very famous Tourist trap.

Steve and Ray I'll get you lunch today;) Hmmmmmmmm, Thumper-on-the-Bumper sounds good!

Jeffery One on Chris's menu for you, the Awesome Possum Mmmm
I sometimes prefer flat cat. It can be served as a single or as a stack.

Good morning.

It's 78 and partly cloudy. The high is expected to hit the century mark today with mostly cloudy conditions.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/2/2008

Heat Index: 84°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 74°F

So Far Today
High: 78°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

Today High: 100 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 100. Southwest winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. Southwest winds around 5 mph.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/forum-1/P1010047-1.jpg

Good Morning ALL ! Another day of hit and miss shwoers in the neck of the USA . have a lakeside party to to to so yep it's gonna rain at sometime. Steve hope my dog doesn't end up in somebodies field . My famliy is waiting for her ashes.Jeffrey hope you get sometime off from firefighting.Summertime can be a bad time for fires .Jim hope your trip si a good time and the weather stays nice for you . Well gotta get going so hope everyone has a nice Saturday . Oh yes had a real nice time at my picnic last night except I had way too much good food !!

Had to stop mowing until the rain stops! got one more yard plus mine to do! One annoying cell just taking it's sweet time!LOL's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back