Coffee Shop Part VIII

Good morning folks

It was 29 this morning. I did not have to deal with frozen doors on the van today. There was a coating of ice on the trashcan lids, however. Our high today is supposed to be 42 F.

No modeling last night. I did play around with some things on the layout, however. We spent most of the evening taking the balls off the Christmas tree. We still have the lights to go. I don’t anticipate modeling tonight since it is flute lesson and Cub Scout Den Meeting night.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good Morning Bill & Tom from sunny Buffalo although its only 25 at least the weather has it half right . Quick cup of coffee and off to do the grocery shopping . It sure is tuogh being a housewife . You all have a nice day !!!

Morning fellas!! Hoping everyone is having a good one. I need to just sit down and set a side some time to start working on my layout again. Maybe this time I can make some progress on some scenery. The thing that I wish the most is that I had someone with some experience really close by to give me some pointers on the whole scenery thing. Well gotta go busy work day ahead of me.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Tom!

Mornin' Paul!

Mornin' Nick!

It's 27°F and partly Cloudy here in the Finger Lakes this morning. I have a long list of "to do" today that has to get done. So I best get at them.

Morning all!

I've been fighting fires this morning! No, not literally. AT&T in Indianapolis dropped all data service for the whole city. Talk about busy at my desk! Got most of it fixed now, but what a way to start a day! I got out of the shower to find 10,000 people hitting my cell phone. Gotta love a day that starts like that!

Have to go to court tomorrow. Hope all goes well there. We're trying to get Social Security to give my wife her disability benefits. She's clinically disabled, all her docs agree, but for some reason SS won't give her back the money that they took out of her paycheck for just this purpose all those years she worked. She just wants whats hers, nothing else. We're going to court to see about getting it. I don't see how she could lose, but it's a crazy world out there! Prayers would be awesome if you're the praying kind.

Still pretty chilly out there, but warmer then yesterday. Not by a ton though. This weekend they're talking about wind chills of -20 though. That doesn't sound too nice!

So thats whats up with me. What's your world look like this morning?

Good Morning folks, 30F here in Central Nova. It's been snowing since Monday night but my good neighbor has plowed the driveway for us, although it's filling in again.
A morning cuppa
pubimage.gif
would be great with a
muffin.png
to go with it.
Philip, best of luck and best wishes for your day in court and may your wife get what is rightfully hers. Up here it's the DVA, seems they don't want to pay for the funerals of WW II veterans for some reason the minions in the ivory towers seem to think vets don't qualify as veterans. Sheesh! what a world
So y'all have a great day and keep em on the tracks
NSSF-2.png

Cheers Willis

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/16/2008

Wind Chill: 40°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 44°F

So Far Today
High: 46°F
Low: 46°F
Rain: 0.61"
Rain Rate: 0.04"/h
Gust: 23mph ESE

Today High: 52 Rain in the morning...then chance of rain in the afternoon. Cooler. Highs in the lower 50s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 38 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. North winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

P1010007-10.jpg

Afternoon, everyone.

Way too many things happening for my feeble brain to remember plus it hasn't been the best of days here. My daugther got her car crunched in the HS parking lot, the wife's computer monitor decided to quit working, the weather radio quit working, the "Check Engine" light is on in the Suzuki for no apparent reason, and all but two of the fish in my aquarium died overnight, also for no apparent reason. I haven't been downstrairs to the layout yet - I'm almost afraid to touch anythng now. :) It's also 38 degrees with a wind chill of 28 and rain so Dixieland is definitely in winter now.

Rex, glad to hear the Cahntix is apparently working. The one side effect we talked about earlier seems to show up about a month into the medication so we'll see how everything works a month from now.

Phillip, I'll be praying for you getting the SS. It almost takes an act of God to win now, even when you are clearly entitled to benefits. It's bad enough taking care of soemone who's really ill without all this added stress. I went through this with my late wife and almost had to go to court before they finally granted her disability and she had a 100% fatal disease. Grrr....

George, take that retirement now. You'll be able to live fine with the amount of money you get and have some time on earth that you don't have to answer to anyone but you. None of us know how long we have so putting it off is like rolling the dice and hoping they don't come up snake eyes.

Jeffrey, glad to hear the foot is doing OK.

Sorry, guys, I know I missed a lot of you but I hope everyoe is doing as well as they can. I'm off to get a new monitor, weather radio, and have my aquarium water tested to see what kind of crud got in the tank.

Jim, I know exactly what you mean! My wife can't hold a pencil or pen, and she can't walk (She might be able to for a few years after all of these surgeries though!). She has a degenerative form of muscular dystrophy that is incurable. I'm not sure what the qualifications are for "disabled", but I'm pretty sure she fits the description!

Oh well, it's in the Almighty's hands now!

ATT280282.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Phillip your wife is definately in my prauers. I have battled SS in the past and know what it is like . Sometimes I think some of them worked for a more infamous SS. God's peace and love be with yours !!!

Man, all this talk about Social Security and I have to be there at 11 tomorrow..... Hopefully my stuff will go through with no problems. I have every conceivable document they could want. My birth certificate, my late wife's birth certificate, our marriage license, her death certificate, last years taxes, my drivers license, letters from when my youngest son got two months worth of surviver SS before he turned 18, vehicle registration, ...... OK so I always have my driver's license and vehicle registration on me. But I got 'em anyway. Sure hope it goes smoother than what you have been through, Philip! The lady at the local office I talked to a month ago said I should have no problem and as far as she could see I definately qualify based on the questions she asked me over the phone.

Yeah Ray, you shouldn't have a problem for what you are signing up for. The other night on the national news, they were talking about the problems of people getting on disability. They have a backlog of several million people in appeal of their SS disability benefits. Also, this was taking up to 3 years for a hearing.

This is unbelievable and shameful. What is it about our d__n Congress that they can't seem to understand the needs of the people anymore. They allow these little political czars to run their empires without restraints or boundaries and with total impunity for wrongdoings. Oops! Better stop, sorry:eek: .

Wow! Sorry for the rant, but as an old fart I am tired of seeing my country get run down and the possiblities of next years political scene scares the mess out of me.

Good morning folks

It was 31 F as I headed out on this cloudy morning. We are expecting a high of 40 F with a winter slop falling from the skies this afternoon. It should make for a fun ride home.

No modeling last night as we had Cub Scouts.

Ray we will keep your wife and your family in our prayers.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! It was -5 when I left the house this morning with a WC factor of -13. Denver is supposed to warm up to a balmy 28 today. Oh boy. I hope y'all are doing well and are staying warm. Have a terrific Thursday!

Sandy

Morning everyone!! Not quite as cold here as it is in Denver, man that just makes me shiver thinking of it. Anyways only thing new mrr wise for me is that I need to finish up detailing the mine kit that I put together a couple weeks ago. Too many hobbies and not enough time, I recently got in my latest hobby toy a nitro RC truck and have been spending some time with it breaking in the engine properly. Now that it's cold and I can't run it I think I'll spend some time on my layout Saturday. Hope everyone has a good day!!

Nick

Mornin' everyone,

Just about enough time to pop in and say hi before I have to get to the SS office.

Tom you don't need to pray for my wife...... She died 20 years ago. That's why I can get SS at 61.;) I think I have all the documentation they need and it should be a smooth process as it should be very cut and dried. Hopefully it will get me enough to do some needed stuff around here.

Have a great day!

Back