Coffee Shop Part VIII

Wow, talk about a load of crap...

I recently joined railroad-line.com

they have some non-commercial rules, which is fine by me (I actually didn't read it, but), well they now tell me my personal site, rr.blockchoice.com is considered commercial, and not allowed, and my watermarking of my custom paint projects is not allowed. Depressing...

Wow, talk about a load of crap...

I recently joined railroad-line.com

they have some non-commercial rules, which is fine by me (I actually didn't read it, but), well they now tell me my personal site, rr.blockchoice.com is considered commercial, and not allowed, and my watermarking of my custom paint projects is not allowed. Depressing...

Na, na, na, na.....Na, na, na, na,......Hey, hey, hey, goooodbye!

Hi, can anyone point me out an HO engine shope for a single line, I need a small engien shop or shed, or whatever its called ( where they service or repair engines ) but the smallest possible and also single rail. I tried to look for one but without success.

can anyone help pls!?

MerryChristmas.png

Merry Christmas every one.
Our sons wife had there baby Thursday. Unfortunately it was 10 weeks early. she was having problems and they had to take the baby early. So far the little one is doing all right. She is in Cook Childrens hospital in Ft, Worth in NICU. She's 3 lbs. I guess it's going to be a month or more before she will be able to go home.
I'd better go and give Mary Ann getting ready for the grand daughteers coming in from New Mexico.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Just a quick note on this glorious night:
All went very well with our family gathering, but it didn't go without an unfortunate event. My State Trooper nephew was on duty and on his way over to our house when a man in his 70's ran a stop sign, and went across the highway in front of him. He hit the side of the man's car so hard it flipped over and also totaled the Trooper car. Fortunately, my nephew was only bruised up and same for the old man. The man wasn't drinking, but was towing another car and not paying attention. Shish!

Oh, man, Rex, it was things like that that worried me far more than having to confront an armed suspect. Sounds like both cars must have had some good air bag protection and the old guy must have been wearing his seat belt, which is a rarity down here with our ridiculous $10 SEAT BELT FINE. I'm glad your nephew and the other fellow survived pretty much intact.

Jeffrey, if you keep stealing our rain, it's at least two lumps of caol. :D

Paul, congratulations on becoming a grandpa. I'm sure it's a little worrying right now but my niece was a 24 weeker and only weighed 2 pounds, 3 ounces. It was touch and go for a while but she just turned fine and is as happy and normal as any other five year old.

Josh, got to read the fine print, man. It's their site and they set the rules.

Maxi, there are several single stall engine houses available. There is a very nice built-up wood model at http://cgi.ebay.com/HO-SCALE-ENGINE...yZ117370QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. Just search on single stall engine house and you'll find some more. Rico and AHM both made similar models. This is also a good scratchbuilding project if you want to build one to fit just the space you have available.

Yeah Jim, the air bag worked in the nephew's car...he has one heck of a strawberry on the side of his face. You almost have to feel sorry for the old fellow: He got out of his car on his own and was saying over and over, "Oh God, what have I done now." I guess it was one of those split-second moments that gets us all in trouble...not thinking about what we are doing.

TexasPaul, sorry I missed to say "Congrats Grandpa!";) :)

Josh, got to read the fine print, man. It's their site and they set the rules.
Yes I understand that, but what I don't understand is how my personal site constitutes a commercial advertisement?

EDIT Seems, that because its a subdomain of a commercial site, it constitutes advertising for the commercial site? Does that not defeat the purpose? Would that not eliminate links to anyone who does not own a domain for their personal trains?

Last edited by a moderator:
First, I've just gotten back from Midnight Mass and wanted to be the first one to wish everyone a very happy and joyous Christmas Day.

Rex, I was involved in one crash during a pursuit doing 90 mph when a nitwit who apparently couldn't see my lights or hear my siren drove out from a side street and I t-boned him in the intersection. Ended up flipping both cars. We had just gotten new Crown Vic's with the side air bags and that, along with the three point belts we wore for pursuit driving, probably saved my life. I had a fractured left leg but was OK otherwise. The other driver, who was drunk, wasn't as lucky and died on the scene. :( I still relive that scene in my mind today and that was almost 10 years ago. That's actually the closest I came to getting killed in 25 years of law enforcement.

Josh, dunno, sounds like a pretty convoluted rule to me but, as I wrote, they own the site and can make the rules, even if they are dumb. Write the webmaster with your points and see what you get back. If they stick by the rule, just forget it and move on.

Thanks Jim, it seems I was looking with the wrong keywords that's why I was not finding any.

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone

Actually I checked again and found some but mostly they are double not single. I will seew hat I can do, since my space on the layout is limited.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

It's a beautiful morning to celebrate the birth of our blessed Savior!

jesus_manger_1.png

Christmas In The Air

Listen to the sleigh bells ring
Their tinkling sounds delight.
Both, young and old gather 'round
The Christmas square tonight.

Sing of joy and peace on earth
Good will to all mankind.
Voices echo through the hills
Of precious love divine,

And as the stars in heav'n above
Cast down their brilliant glow,
Angels sing along with man,
While gazing down below.

Christmas time is in the air
And with it comes the hope,
Of a Savior born in 'Bethlehem
So many years ago.

Let peace now reign, in your heart
And joyful praise proclaim,
What wondrous gift the Father gave,
Emmanuel, His name!

Good Morning All,and MERRY CHRISTMAS,from the castle. Just thought I'd stick my head in,and wish to all here,that I hope all you guys and girls,have a wonderful day,and that all will be safe and sound.I hope Santa brought you everything you asked for,and maybe something you weren't expecting,but hoped you get.:D. So folks,all y'all out there,y'all have a good day,and again,MERRY CHRISTMAS to all,and to all a good day.:) .Peace.William.

Back