Coffee Shop Part VIII

...Mark, I have a 50 gallon upright with just community fish like tetras and gouramis. I've never had any luck with angels at all. After consulting with our local fish expert, it seems that our water has a very low Ph to begin with. I did a quarter tank water change and that was apparently enough to drop the Ph enough to kill everything. I've got some Ph adjusting powder and the Ph is back up to 7. I guess I'll have to use it with every water change. That may be why I've never been able to keep angels, they are very sensitive to Ph changes. I suspect that you're just lucky to live in an area where the water balance is just right for fish...

Wow, that is amazing. I can literally put water straight from the tap into the tank, a few degrees out either way, and no issues. I feel for ya bud - it can be so frustrating.

Guys, it's snowin' like a bugger up here right now and it's cold too!! Went for a walk and I'm frikkin frozen! The local ski hills (big industry up here) went from rags to riches with the early snow, then back to rags in the warm snap recently so they'll be liking this.

Mark

Rex, T-Town was right on the north edge of this snow streak. I'm sorry you didn't geta chance to use the sled . :)

CJ, my wife remembers the 1993 blizzard very well - it was bad down here too and they lost power for about three days. Now that I'm here, you can count on another blizzard soon. :D Sure was a strange storm on radar though. You had to be right in the hundred or so mile wide streak of cold air or you got rain. Some areas in the higher reaches of Autuaga County got about 5 inches of snow becuase it truned form rain to snow sooner up there.

Now, all you folks up north like Mark are going to think this is hilarious that we Bama boys are even talking about such a piddly little storm (it's stopped now and everything is starting to melt) but here are some pictures to prove it really does snow in central Alabama.

The front of our house:
OurhouseinsnowMedium.jpg

Rear of the house:
BackyardinsnowMedium.jpg

Looked like a good little blizzard here for about an hour.

Since we're talking weather, I should chime in. It's -9 right now with a low of -19. Now that's cold! Add in the 15 to 20 mph winds, now it'll feel like 35-45 below zero. BBBRRRRRR!

No modeling here, just dreaming and scheming. OH, AND FREEZING TOO!

Were Having a Heat Wave a Tropical Heat Wave !!!! Good Morning ALl. It's 8 outside and gonna get up to 16 . Can't beat that . No snow .About twenty five miles away and off Lake Erie thier getting lake effect snow but here nadda.Spent yesterday working at the bowling alley and today my muscles feel it . Crawling around and trying to search out balls and pins. A young man's work. Today just gonna make some Spaghetti sauce and watch the games. maybe do a little model building . Anything to relax. Hope you all have a peacful day also !!!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Paul! HEY! That's my line.....:mad: ;) ;) :p

Got a couple minutes before I head out to church so I thought I would pop in and say hi! It is 11°F here in the Finger Lakes right now with a wind chill down to -6°F. Well I have to put a couple more logs in the Wood Stove and head out. Have a great day!

Morning guys!!

Just drug my sorry butt outside to plow the driveway - dang it's cold! It sure has been 2 winters in one this year...and it still isn't over!

Gotta type up my resume today as the senior tech in my unit has retired and I gotta apply to get the job (even though I've been doing it for 5 years already). Also I'd like to get the homebrew wireless throttle finished - my power rig is all homebuilt and computer controlled, so the wireless was a good addition.

Mark

Good afternoon folks

It is 23 F right now. High today is supposed to be 25 F.

My daughter had basketball practice this morning and we just finished lunch. I am waiting for the next round of errands or honey-dos to come.

I finished weathering the wheels and trucks for the TOFCs. I need to seal them. I also painted the hubs on the trailers to match the trailers. Next is weathering.

I hope everybody has a good day.

well I almost have all the electrical done in the basement shooting for HVAC / plumbing and insulation next weekend, drywall the next, maybe trains by march, just as the weather breakes and theres no time for indoor activies.....GGGRRRRRR

Ryan

Evening, everyone
Lots of fun here but nothing to do with trains. Had to clear a downspout that was plugged with ice and causing water to get into the garage. Not the usual thing here in Alabama but the high was only 38 after a low of 20. You guys from up north can have this cold weather back anytime now. Well, I gues in comparson to belowzero, it's still not bad but I think my blood has gotten thin living down here.

Ryan, at least you're making some progress. I still haven't gotten the Chrismas stuff back up in the attic. :)

Tom, I hope you don't have any more meetings with people holding pitchforks this week.

Mark, you're lucky to have the right water out of the tap. My tank has been set up for about a year and half and it's still not stable. Now that I know the Ph is a problem, at least I'll be able to keep a better eye on things. Good luck with the promotion.

It should get up into the high 40's tomorrow so the remaining snow and ice should melt. No sign of any more wintry weather on the horizon.

Good Morning Bill !! Looks like another beautiful day here on the Niagara Frontier 9 outside right now and going all the way up to 19 . can't beat that. Another hot cup of coffee and the start of the day . Hope all have a good one !

Mornin' everyone!

Yup! Another beautiful day here in the Finger Lakes. Still a bit crisp, but that's the way we like here. I have to get down to Church to get ready for the Martin Luther King Service. Always a great day here. This community has been celebrating the life of the Rev Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. for 39 years this way. Our featured speaker this morning will be Dr. Harold A. Middlebrook who worked with and was standing near Martin when he was assassinated. The service is followed by a Feast with all kinds of Gooooood Southern things like fried chicken, ham, blackeyed peas , and collard greens!

You all have a great day!

Morning Everyone and another cold 26 deg here in Dixie. I'm on my way over to a local MR's to help figure out some wiring problems he's having. I hope your day will be a good one.:)

I had a bunch of old wood laying around and I cut it into 18" to 24" lengths a couple of weeks ago while we had our tropical heat wave and January rainy season. My son in-law wanted some of it so I took the truck over and he only wanted one course of the wood. It is piled into the bed almost to the top. So now I need to get over to a friends house to unload the rest so the truck will be usable again. I also need to find a very heavy duty piano hinge for the doors on my shop pantry. The doors are 6" deep with 1/4" poplar plywood on the outside with 1/4" pegboard on the inside to hang screw drivers and chisels and other like tools on. I also have a inner 24" x 30" door/panel that has pegboard on two sides for the hanging of tools along with two 24" by 40" panels at the back of the upper part of the pantry. Thanks goodness for the furnace I put on the shop last year as is keeping the shop a nice toasty 68 degrees. Have a great day everyone. I know I am going to.

Good Morning Bill, good morning All. Sunny day here -10C with some wind. Sheesh! it was warm Wed and Thur. raining on Friday lots of bare ground then we got clobbered on Sat. evening and Sun. with the white crud again. Ah! Well life's like that.
Well time to be on the way, so y'all have a great day.
Cheers Willis

Good morning.

It's 32 degrees here this morning under partly cloudy skies. No rain in the forecast today though there is a 40% chance of rain tonight.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/21/2008

Wind Chill: 29°F
Humidity: 53%
Dew Point: 19°F

So Far Today
High: 35°F
Low: 33°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 20mph ESE

Today High: 52 Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. East winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain showers and isolated thunderstorms in the evening...then chance of rain showers and isolated thunderstorms after midnight. Not as cool. Lows in the upper 40s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Back