Coffee Shop Part VIII

morning all, nice sunny day here but BLACK skies approaching,,,
josh guess the kitty does not like water much, saw one last night with it's head well and truly stuck in a pet food can, fire department cut it out.

Mornin' yall. I'm here sipping on vending-machine coffee because Bill hasn't gotten here yet to open the breakfast bar.

Steve - LOL hope somebody had a camera for that!

Jeffery sorry to hear about the wal wart, that's a consequence of the modern just-in-time version of inventory control - discontinue whatever doesn't sell at some arbitrary volume within a week's time!

Haven't posted here much the past few days, been under the weather - either flu or a very severe case of the Common Cold. I was up at 5am because I went to bed at 8 last nite; been doing alot of sleeping, haven't had sufficient energy to do any modeling (now that's bad!). However I did order a dozen intermodl well cars and containers from Walthers, now I'll have a more complete assortment of freight car types to operate in pass-thru bridge traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
01-12-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
waitress1.png

Mornin all!

Hi Chloe! Just coffee please, thanks!

Been up all night. I have a tooth thats giving me trouble. I might just give the wifes pain meds a try till I can get to a dentist. She's like a walking pharmacy after the surgery....and it's the good stuff! Speaking of walking, she's starting to get around quite a bit better. Starting to see some real improvement!

Mornin' Steve , Ken L ,Bill & Phillip , Another overcast day here on the Niagara Frontier, Suppose to hit 40 but it's damp anyhow. Ken hope the cold gets better , Josh How's the nose ? I just had mine frozen by the skin doctor. Sandy my daughter just moved home from Avon , Colorado . She loved it up in the mountains but cost to live there wa a bit much . Well gonna take a look at the MC&B so hope all have a nice cup of coffee or whatever your choice and a nice day !!! Isn't it always what happens over the weekend Phillip , a tooth ache and the dentist's office is closed.

Mornin everyone!

I slept in again this morning. Just got done having breakfast and watching 4 squirrels having their breakfast in my flowering quince tree in the front yard. All 4 of them are big and fat. They seem to be enjoying the bumper crop of berries the tree had last year, but I'm wondering what they are going to do when they have eaten all of them. Usually the returning sparrows eat the berries in the spring and get drunk as the berries ferment in the spring. I've actually had a couple of the birds eat too many and then fly into my picture window, break their necks and die.

Philip hope the throbbing subsides! I hate that when I get something on Friday Night after all the Doctors have gone home. I hate it even worse if I have to go to the emergency room.

Ken I haven't been inside a Mall Wart in over 5 years. They have the absolute worst business model and practices of any of the Big Box rip off stores. I figure if I can't get it somewhere else, I really don't need it. Yea, I know I'm crazy.............

Josh you gotta watch those sweet little defenseless kitties....... When my 16 lb. Blackie was a kitten and was still "armed and dangerous" he used to think it was fun to run around the house as fast as he could run over to me at the computer, make a flying leap and sink his claws (all 4 feet BTW) into my chest, just to say hello! One day he did that to a scouter who was sitting with me at the computer while we were working on some camp documents. He did his flying leap but thought I was the other guy. I don't know who was more surprised, Blackie or Al............ (Blackie still likes to jump up on my lap and say hi..... He was just here, climbed up on my lap, then up on my shoulder, kissed my nose, and took off like a shot.)

I HAVE to get some work done today! Promised a customer a CD early next week. See you later.

Philip hope the throbbing subsides! I hate that when I get something on Friday Night after all the Doctors have gone home. I hate it even worse if I have to go to the emergency room.

Me too! But this time I have a secret weapon! The wife has percocet 10's! I didn't want to take her meds as she is using them, but she can get more. (YES!!!!) In a half an hour I should feel just fine!

Hey Philip, while you are in La-La land you should be able to come up with some wild layout ideas. Try to write them down.:D :D

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/12/2008

Wind Chill: 58°F
Humidity: 42%
Dew Point: 36°F

So Far Today
High: 59°F
Low: 36°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph SE

Today High: 62 Sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 32 Increasing clouds. Lows in the lower 30s. East winds around 10 mph shifting to the north after midnight.

Been working on the tourist train last night and this morning and it's almost ready. Here's some pics.

Afternoon, everyone.

Never did get a call back from superindendent but did get to talk to the HS principal and, believe it or not, they have no written policy about how to close schools early or notify parents except by the media, even though they have an automated phone system that will notify me if my daughter is 10 minutes late for school. He said they didn't really need a policy and procedure manual because eveyone knew their jobs and why was I complaining? He's a retired Marine and I asked him how many things were done in the Marines that didn't have a written procedure, including how to polish your boots. He had to think about that one for a while. :)

Phillip, just don't don't anything that involves putting straight lines on your models while you're on Percocet. You'll be amazed at what they look like when you sober up. :D I hope you can get the tooth taken care of on Monday and that your wife keeps getting better.

Ray, we have 16 pound Maine Coon cat and his favorite thing is to race me to the computer chair and then jump up in the chair just as I'm sitting down, which usually results in both of us ending up on the floor. Luckily, he has been declawed or all our furniture and half off my body would be destroyed.

Sandy, my son and daughter-in-law lived in Boulder for the last nine years and just left. Last winter convinced them that they needed a place with warmer climes in the winter. They are taking a year off work and traveling around the country in thier fifth wheel before deciding where to settle next.

Eric, I hope you're over your cold. I always tell my wife that she'll know I'm REALLY sick if I'm not working on the layout or a model. :)

It's a nice day here in Dixie with a high of about 65 and lows in the mid-40's. Cold fronts don't mean quite the same thing down here as they do to you folks up around the Great Lakes. We generally have slightly cooler fronts.

Never did get a call back from superindendent but did get to talk to the HS principal and, believe it or not, they have no written policy about how to close schools early or notify parents except by the media, even though they have an automated phone system that will notify me if my daughter is 10 minutes late for school. He said they didn't really need a policy and procedure manual because eveyone knew their jobs and why was I complaining? He's a retired Marine and I asked him how many things were done in the Marines that didn't have a written procedure, including how to polish your boots. He had to think about that one for a while. :)

You might want to get a large group of like minded Parents together and "visit" the next School Board meeting.....??? In NYS every school system, public and private, every children's camp, and many other agencies that deal with children must have a published written plan for dealing with all kinds of possible emergency situations. The camps that I work at have page upon page of what to do in case of fire, flood, tornado, dangerous lightning, high winds, unwanted people on the property... And the list goes on for several pages. I can tell you that at camp the Camp Director, Camp Ranger, and several other people MUST have the procedure down pat and know what to do and report to the county health dept. exactly what was done verbally and in writing within 24 hrs. I can't believe that there is not a similar state requirements down where you are.

Phillip, just don't don't anything that involves putting straight lines on your models while you're on Percocet. You'll be amazed at what they look like when you sober up. :D I hope you can get the tooth taken care of on Monday and that your wife keeps getting better.

And Philip, please don't try to drive yourself to the dentist! :eek: ;) ;)

"Does it steal the Oreo's & pizza crusts too? My bigger cat stole a pizza crust last night."
Ahh a Garfield clone if'n I ever heeerd of one. LOLOLOLOL

greetings everyone. i was hoping to get the basemrent wired his weekend, but things arnt formulating too well, got called into work today and possibly tommorow.........ohh well Ryan

Afternoon, everyone.

Jim, don't hold your breath! The reason there is not a written policy is because here in Alabama, the "phenomenon" of releasing the kids early from school on severe weather days is new. Prior to the past couple of years, the kids weren't released at all, (just ask my kids cause they had to stay there several times), if there was severe weather anywhere near the area. One of our local mets posted this on his weather blog a day or two after. He titled it,

"Tuscaloosa Schools Got it Right!"

We ran a story tonight about some people upset with the Tuscaloosa County School system because they did not dismiss early yesterday.
As you know, I am not in favor of dismissing schools early on a sevre weather day for this primary reason… a large percentage of children in rural areas live in mobile homes, and they are forced to leave school buildings, which generally offer excellent protection in the interior hallways and small rooms, and carried to a place that could turn out to be a death trap.
When schools do dismiss early, I strongly recommend that all schools offer the option for the kids to remain in the school buildings if they no safe place to go, or if they will be home alone.
And, don’t forget, most high school students will be in their car, which is the worst possible place to be.
Thursday in Caledonia, Mississippi, they also got it right. The kids were left in school, and not dismissed early. An EF3 tornado did hit the school, but not a single child was injured. If those kids would have been sent home, there could be been a number of injuries, and maybe even loss of life.
And, more note about Tuscaloosa County Schools… I trained their bus drivers on what to do during severe weather THIS WEEK on Tuesday at Hillcrest High School. They are genuinely concerned about severe weather safety, and put the kids first.
Long time readers know I have a real heart for kids, and I have worked in children’s ministry for over 15 years. We have to work on a solution that is absolutely the best for Alabama children, and for most rural school systems, keeping them in school buildings IS the best thing to do on a severe weather day. James Spann ABC/3340, Hoover.

I have to agree!

There are written Emergency Instructions for all city and county school systems in the state of Alabama. As Carey has pointed out, the release of students early for severe weather threat is new and is presently being left to the discretion of the Superintendent or sometimes, Principal. If it hadn't been for some of the half-brained parents thinking their child would be safer walking home or in a bus during a storm, this would not be an issue today.

Back