Coffee Shop Part VIII

Mornin' Coffeeshopers!

Corey, sounds like a great plan for your next layout. Love the photos.

Tom yep its Pine Wood Derby time for the cubs. I have great memories of my sons making their cars and the "big races". I think that was one of the things that sucked me into volunteering with Scouts. Have fun!

Paul good to see you in here again! Sounds like that grandchild is doing well. Premie care has changed so much over the past many years and it is good to see the results of those changes. Grandkids are great aren't they!

The soldering is all done and the system is back up and working. All I still need to do is finish labeling each cord so that when the mixer rack is moved, it can be plugged back in without problems. I HAVE to get to work on finishing a CD for a school today. So, I best get to work!

Hello everyone! The bad weather is now coming in with tornado watches and warnings all over the place. We have a thunderstorm warning and the adjoining county southwest has a tornado warning. I believe Miss. has 6 warnings going on. Ahhhh, nothing like Alabama weather...:eek: :eek: ! Lightning getting bad, best close'r down for awhile.

Wow, Rex, stay safe! I know you guys need some rain, but it doesn't need to come with all that other stuff.

Chip
you there Chip,,, we are now in month three of the "no aspartame" in our food, what a differance it's made, thanks for the info :D

Made it through the storms and only got 0.25" of rain. Ain't that a shame! How about the rest of the BAMA bunch?

We too made it thru just fine, and we had almost 1.5" of rain at the house. I can't believe you only got 1/4" Rex. For a good while it looked like yall were gonna float away from the color of the radar, (deep red)!

01-11-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

:eek:

Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
waitress1.png

Good morning folks

It was a wet 43 F as I ventured on the roads this morning. High today with rain will be 59 F. I will be on the road some today. I have a meeting with a State Representative and a property owner on one project and then we are going to field view another.

This is an up in the air weekend. Other than the bi-weekly restocking of the cupboards we have no definite plans. Maybe we will go to a local model railroad club open house.

I have passenger cars to number and airbrush weather along with the coil cars. I also have the TOFC’s to work on.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good Morning Bill , Tom & Steve , Looks like another rainy overcast day here in Buffalo high in the low forties . Hope everyone one down South made it thru the twisters and severe weather intact. Food looks good Bill but I'll stick to my Cream Of Weath today. Overdid the eating bit at the Native American Buffett the other day . Syeve hope you have a great weekend along with everyone else !

Morning everyone!
Carey, on radar it looked like we were getting flooded out, however it mostly rained slighty to the west or to the east of the city.

Nuff playing with RR&Co. software; its back to running more wires today. Eight detection sections to go.

Afternoon everyone!

Didn't get in here this morning as I drove over to Seneca Falls to get my ears lowered.......

Its a gray, cloudy, ickey, normal January day here in the Finger Lakes. Hovering in the low 40's. Too warm to light the wood stove, and just cold enough to be damp and chilly.

Afternooon, everyone.
We got 1.10 inches of rain, which is very wecome. What wasn't welcome was the superintendent of schoold decided to close all the schools at 1:00 without ever notifying parents due to the "threat" of severe weather. There were no storms within 50 miles of us and we never even got a drop of rain until 6:00 pm. We were never under any kind of warning and the worst we had was about three flashes of lightning and some thunder. This is exactly why 12 kids were killed in Enterprise last year. They were loading school busses when they had a warning of a tornado on the ground instead of having the kids in the wing of the school that was built to survive a direct hit from a tornado. Here they are sending kids from a safe place back to their double-wides, which is the worst place to be in a tornado, and not even notifying parents. I'm hopping mad about this and have already left messages for the superintendent and the high school prinicipal that I want to see the policy and procedure that covers this. Grr.....

It's nice and sunny today and seasonable for us at 63 degrees. I feel for all you guys up north with the usual gray, coudy weather that ever seems to end.

Nice looking buffet there, Bill. I think I'll mosey over and see if there's any waffles left. :)

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446 1/11/2008

Wind Chill: 57°F
Humidity: 29%
Dew Point: 25°F

So Far Today
High: 57°F
Low: 37°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph N

Today High: 62 Sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 38 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Light and variable winds.

I was working on my tourist train last night and discovered that my flat black and flat white both had dried up on me. I hate it when that happens. I went to Wal-Mart to get more and found to my great surprise that they had deleted the entire modeling section. Models, paint, cement, brushes, airbrushes, everything, gone! The excuse is that there wasn't enough being sold to warrant stocking the items. I had to settle for flat black and flat white in rattle cans, meaning that I had to do a load of masking before I could do any painting. The models came out good enough, considering. I still have to fine sand them and design some decals. I'll have to find another supply of decal paper since that went the way of the DO-Do thanks to Wal-Mart's brilliant decision. They're not my favorite people right now.

High All ! Who sent this wind my way 35mph and rip roaring . If I had known I would have bought a windmill .jim your so right I saw where the super. of one scholl put the kids in a secure place and oputside the buses were thron around like matchbox cars.Well gotta go out and see if my welcome mat is still around . Ray watch out the wind is probably hitting you already !BTW Jeffrey your tourist car looks good .

Sheesh! Sounds like y'all are having some WEATHER! Looks like it is going to be a decent w-end here with temps in the 40's and no snow 'expected' until Wednesday. The mountains are holding back most of the snow right now, so we flatlanders are staying dry and the old icky snow is melting. I recently moved back to Colorado from North Carolina after a two year absence and am trying to reacclimate to the high altitude, bright sunshine :cool: , dry air and the cold and snow. Ahhhh...it's good to be home!
Hope y'all have a terrific weekend. I'll sneak back in on Monday for breakfast.
TTFN

Sheesh, I had an interesting morning. I made the mistake of picking up my kitten while in the bathroom, with the faucet running... She drop kicked me in the upper lip/nose...

Whew...

Greetings folks. I thought I'd pop my head in and say hi. I have found a new obsession, researching prototype. I feel like a kid at Christmas. The branch line I decided to model fills many of my needs. I'm glad I didn't buy that Milwaukee train station. It would look kind of funny in Mankato MN! The depot there is much easier to fit in a two foot depth. Now I have to find a source of information for my line.

Jeffrey, Walmart removing their hobby section may have been a blessing in disguise. Your passenger cars look great! Nice even paint!

Winter is trying to get back on track in the upper Midwest. We are suppose to be back to highs in the teens by next week. It makes me cold to think about it. My wife wants to move to Las Vegas to be closer to her sister. Her real reason is she's always cold. I told her that some place much warmer would have to freeze over before I moved to the desert!

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Things around work are really heating up. The vultures are circling with our going out of business sale!

Good evening everyone. Beautiful day here in the land of the Blue Nose.
BlueNoser.png
Several days of warm weather accompanied by sunshine, followed by freezing rain tonight just to smarten us up I guess.
Hard to believe, the snow came in Nov. and stayed, newscasters claimed we had more snow this winter than we've had in total for the past 5 winters. Other than a few isolated ice patches it's all gone now and I for one am not sorry to see it gone.
They're not my favorite people right now.
Jeffery, nice job on the tourist train cars, and remember "Everyone Loves Wal*Mart" :D
Seriously I do believe it's the local store manager's decision and not a corporate one. Chances are that it (the hobby section) will re-appear again when someone starts to wonder why the hobby stores in the back room are not out front where they can be sold.

Cheers Willis

Back