Coffee Shop Part VIII

Evening all
Carey It's rife over here along with some awefull D&V bug, were going down like the titanic this side of the pond.

train show tommorow with John T, should be a good day out.

Evening all
Carey It's rife over here along with some awefull D&V bug, were going down like the titanic this side of the pond.

train show tommorow with John T, should be a good day out.

Steve;

Hope you haven't had it nor get it. Sounds terrible.:(

A Train Show! A TRAIN SHOW!:D:D:D

Uuuuhhh what's that???? We haven't had a good one even close to here since 2005! I'm jealous!

well, it didnt quite reach 50 here today, but i guess not to bad as i spent the afternoon in the ER. I steped on a huge old fashioned (hand cut) nail yesterday and it partially severed a tendon in my big toe. being stubborn i refused to see a doctor yeaterday. then when i woke up this AM my foot looked like a foot ball and i couldnt feel any of my toes! and then only after realizing the ole' tetnus booster was over eight years ago, off i went to the ER. finally doctor ordered time off, unfortianatly its only good for two days and i am off tommorow and sunday anyway........ ohhh well she prescibed some antibiotics and some "good stuff" needless to say i feel nothing now..... well thats my complaint for the day. so much for hanging drywall in the train room tommorow...Ryan

Carey I wish I had a rich wife that could buy us a new car. My old 1991 Oldsmobile Regency has 225,000 miles on it. I could drive my pickup but the gas mileage is not very goot on it. It only has 92,000 miles on it and looks pretty danged good for its age but I cannot afford to run it very much but cannot do without a truck around here for all of my projects it is needed for.

Hi Carey, glad to see you typing again. Thanks for the kind words about Mo. Yes, it does hurt not having him around and of course he was Carolyn's "baby" and my "little pal". Now that he and Rusty (golden retriever)are both gone, it's dang lonesome around here during the day. I think the older we get the harder it is to lose one of our little friends.
Congrats on the new car. Did you get a FORD?

Yes, we got Scott's (new)Tsunami programmed without any problems (using programmer booster) including the 4 digit address. Many haven't understood what I have said about not being able to program the 4 digit address via throttle or DecoderPro with Digitrax Command module and only by CV17&18. It was caused by a firmware clitch that has been corrected (sort-of). (Naturally, my Tsunami's were of the first run and didn't have this update.:( )

This is from the Soundtraxx site.

Known Issues

1.0 Extended (4-Digit) Addresses may not program on Digitrax command stations using paged or direct mode programming.

Workaround: Use operations mode programming to set the extended address in CV 17 and CV 18. Then set bit 5 of CV 29 to enable the long address.

Resolution: This problem has been corrected with firmware release 64.01.05 for direct mode programming. Note: The PTB-100 Program Track Booster is required to use the program track of all Digitrax systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, forgot: Thanks for the encouraging news about Chantix. I started the 2 a day, 0.5mg pills today. My smoking urge seems to have already eased some, but far from gone. Tuesday I will start the 2 a day, 1.0mg.

Great News!!!!
hooooray.gif

The doc has cleared the wife to begin putting weight on the leg! We should be walking with a walker within a month or so and a cane a couple months after that! Six months and it should be close to full strength he says!
f015.gif
3.gif
wooooooohoooooooo.gif

The down side is, we still have the other leg to go.
banghead_125.gif

well, it didnt quite reach 50 here today, but i guess not to bad as i spent the afternoon in the ER. I steped on a huge old fashioned (hand cut) nail yesterday ......Ryan

Ryan, a couple of years ago I did the same thing. I stepped on a nail and it came up all the way through my sneakers and was sticking out the top. I felt some pain and almost panicked. Then I pulled the nail out (slooowly) and it didn't hurt much:confused: . I then removed my shoe and the nail had gone between my big toe and the next. The pain was from where it had scrapped the skin of the big toe. THAT'S LUCK!:D Keep an eye on it and watch for any infection ;)

Philip, VERY good news sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, forgot: Thanks for the encouraging news about Chantix. I started the 2 a day, 0.5mg pills today. My smoking urge seems to have already eased some, but far from gone. Tuesday I will start the 2 a day, 1.0mg.

Rex;

As you know I was a pretty heavy smoker. Most days 2 packs and some days 3. I picked my stop day as the day I started the 1mg tablet. I haven't had the constant nagging to smoke, as I would when trying other methods.
To give you an idea how well the Chantix is working, I took a trip to Little Rock to see daughter last week, and on the way back, while looking for a CD to play, I found a pack of smokes in my console. I pulled into a rest stop and threw the pack away, and it WASN'T EVEN HARD TO DO!!

Larry;

About the rich wife....I wish I had one too!:D;)
As to the new car, its a "new" used car. Pam wanted and got her a 2007 Saturn Vue, a SUV, although in this case, the "S" stands for small. Its a dealer demo, and she got it for a steal. One other thing, its RED!!!

We have had a Saturn in the past,(1992-2003) and if this one is as good as that one was, we'll have this one for at least ten years as well. It still has full Saturn warrenty, lots of little goodies, and since her Lumina APV has 325,000 miles on it, (we got it as a demo too with just over 20,000 on it, and kept it 12 years), it needed replacing. My own little Ranger will be ten this year, and needs a new air conditioner, but thats waayyy down the "should get done list". The Ranger replaced my 1987 Bronco II that I drove from 1987 to 2002, (400,000 miles on it).

Except for a Vega, and a Chrysler product, (both of which were extremely underpowered), I've always had very good luck with my cars.

Good Morming Bill & Ray ! Another gorgeous day here on the Niagara Frontier . Overcast , chance of rain and high of 39 can;t beat that for a January day . have to get going to take wife to work. Good news theere Phillip on the wife's leg.Carey my daughter has a 05 Ion and she loves it although she thinks it has bad luck. It's been hit and run on three occasions.well gotta go .You all have a nice day !!!

Mornin' all!

It's warming up out there! It's going to be in the 40's toady! Big change from a few days ago!

Wife tells me theres a train show at the fairgrounds downtown. Said she'd even like to go with me! (SHOCK, faints, dies!) Might just have to do that tomorrow! Got homework today, and a basketball game for my son tonight. Throw in church and it looks like a busy weekend.

So whats up with you this weekend?

Phillip If you do get to the train show check out the CID/NMRA booth. I was told it would be at the back of the hall. A big yellow banner will be hanging overt the top of where the guys will be. I MIGHT even make it down there my self. Glendia has to work and I need to work on the pantry for the wood shop but there are many things I need to do and probably won't get to.

Paul, Philip, Larry
Afternoon

Best wishes to your wife Philip, hope the transition goes well for her

Posted the pictures from the train show in WPF

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/5/2008

Wind Chill: 54°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 54°F

So Far Today
High: 56°F
Low: 48°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph SSE

Now through 11:45 AM CST January 05, 2008

National weather service Doppler radar indicated areas of light rain moving northeast across southeast Texas... Southwest Louisiana and the adjacent coastal waters.

Today High: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Warmer. Highs in the lower 70s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds around 10 mph.

Afternoon everyone! Couldn't hang around to chat this morning as I had to get ready for the Theory Class from Honeoye Schools who were visiting my (home) studio today to see how a Song is mixed using digital software. We did two pieces, one that I had already loaded into the computer, and one they picked so they could see the entire sequence and get a chance to actually work with the program. Before they left, we had about 15 minutes of time before they had to get on the bus to go home so.............. I bet you can guess........... Yep, they got to tour the Seneca Lake, Ontario, and Western RR. I think they were impressed. I told them that it isn't Rod Stewart's layout, but I think it is pretty cool. All told a very fun morning!

I'm spending the rest of the day loafing around and working on the layout.....

REX; talk about lucky!!

well since ive been rambling on the last few months about this huge n scale layout and the basement remoldeling, i figured i post some pics of the progress in the basement. Its all 24 guage steel studs with a 4 mill vapor barrier behind on the exterior walls. the large room is the 18 by 28 layout room and the smaller room is going to be the shop area for model building and o pursue my other long lost passion of electronics tinkering. I hoping to wire the basement tommorow if the foot is feeling ok but the wife has other plans for my time off on sunday..........

Morning all

Wierd weather here, -17 never came, and it's NOT 60f today, got a load of stuff to go on ebay, sisters moving to australia so i'm selling all there stuff they were going to take to the dump :)

Back