Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

11-10-07

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Mornin' Bill, Ray, All!

Got a busy day today! Gotta fix the brakes on the car, run the clock at my boy's basketball game, go to church, and see if I can find some time to do some homework. Busy, busy, busy!

Good Morning Bill , Ray & Phillip ! Another typical fall day here on the Niagara Frontier ! Little overcast and temp.s in the low 30's . Suppose to get all the way up to 45 . Well gonna haveanother cup of coffee Flo so I'll get on my way . You all have a nice day .

G'morning Bill/Ray/Phillip/Paul and gang,

Just another typical over-scheduled Fall day here in the mid-Atlantic. I'm finally getting off my duff and hauling some ancient mrr-related debris to the landfill. Mostly cardboard boxes 1/3-filled with scraps of styrene from earlier model building projects; I did rescue a few tools however. But I know Murphy's got an evil grin on his face, just waiting for me to start that next project where one of these scraps would've been a perfect fit...!

But the payoff is that I'll be able to move freely again in the garage (trainroom), so I can commence cleaning up the layout and get active again!

Good Evening Folks! The wife and I got back from out camping trip yesterday afternoon. We had a very good time and man did it get cold with the night temps in the lower 30's and one night at 27 degrees. We had to cut the campfire time short, but stayed warm in the camper. There were only 3 other bravehearts in the whole campground.:D One highlight was being able to hear the sonic boom of the shuttle as it returned. Its flight path was very near overhead.

Here are a few photos I hope you will enjoy seeing.

1. Across the river at the Blue Creek boat landing. Yes, part of my RR's name and the other part is this main river, BlackWarrior.
2. Beautiful color in the tree foliage.
3. MR on vacation.
4. Carolyn trying to get warm in the morning.

A few more for you.

1. Sunset
2. Night fisherman.
3. I told you that snakes didn't hibernate down here. This dark colored cottonmouth was dead, but I couldn't see why (didn't care:D ). He was beside the camp road.
4. Full time RV'ers pulled in beside us for a night. They were retired Air Force and travel all over the country now in this mansion.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/11/2007

Wind Chill: 60°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 59°F

So Far Today
High: 64°F
Low: 59°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 4mph SSE

Veterans Day High: 78 Areas of dense fog in the morning. Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds up to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 62 Increasing clouds. A 20 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 60s. Light and variable winds.

P1010003-20.jpg

piper.jpg

THEY SHALL GROW NOT OLD AS WE
THAT ARE LEFT GROW OLD;
AGE SHALL NOT WEARY THEM NOR
THE YEARS CONDEMN.
AT THE GOING DOWN OF THE SUN
AND IN THE MORNING,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

im_home_top3.gif

canada.gif
us.gif
uk.gif

IN FLANDERS FIELDS the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD (1872-1918)
Canadian Army

Mornin' all!

Gotta fix the car today. Had a brake line go out on me Friday. Drove it home from work on just front brakes. I was going to fix it yesterday but I had too much other stuff to do. To tell the truth, I'm not really looking forward to it! At least I can do it in the garage out of the rain!

78123_G.jpg

Today: cloudy, cool with occasional thundershowers - high: 55

Tonight: spotty t-shower possible, mild - low: 52

temps.jpg

Well, I have to head to the pharmacy to pick up the wifes meds.

Later!

vetpos87.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning ! And A Peaceful Day to All Our Veterans ! May God watch over all . I just came in from putting my flag up and I cannot beleive the amount of leaves that came down since yesterday . Looks like my work is cut out for me today ! And have to do it inbetween the Buffalo Bills game. well have to get out there and blow and rake . You all hav a real nice day ! Rex looks like your having fun !!

Afternoon, everyone. Thanks to all our vets, American, Canadian, British, Austrailian, and New Zealanders who all fought and died together. I owe you all a debt I can never repay.

Ryan, glad to hear the basement is finally coming together. Isn't remodeing fun? :)

Phillip, those brake lines are kind of important. Seems like you'd want to take of that ASAP before you end up in a ditch.

Steve, it looks like Uncle Fred is still hale and hearty. What branch did he serve with?

Scoot, I am lucky enough to have a brother, my best friend in the whole world, who served a year in 'Nam in 1969 and was in combat amost the entire time out in the Delta. He came back without a scratch and often wonders what you do about those names on the wall. :(

Rex, looks like a great camping trip. It's amazing how fast the trees have turned with a few cold nights. It still hasn't gotten below freezing here yet but has been in the mid-30's.

Another fine day in the Heart of Dixie with a cool night but afternoon temperatures in the mid 70's. The weather guys say we will have a bg storm next week. They've been saying we are going to have a big storm next week for the last four weeks. Anyone want to take any bets on this one? :)

Hello Jim, he's 75 now, served in the british army, not sure when though, his dad lived through WW2 in the army but died in 85

Its almost time to go pickup my Mother. She celebrates her 92nd birthday today and we are going to take her to "Red Lobster" for dinner. She still gets along very well and still drives:eek: No way can I talk her out of her car keys.

Steve, the boys must feel very proud to be standing beside Uncle Fred.

Jim, no bets! Gads, if we get a storm heading our way it will probably move just north or south or west or east or ... of us. (or another high will bump it to Indiana:mad: :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back